“Yumm”
Review of Redd Wood

Redd Wood
Reserve with OpenTable
Redd Wood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Madison
Reviewed February 5, 2014

After a day of wine tasting carbohydrates are in order, and this pizza is worth cheating on the diet. Thin, bubbly crust (with a little bit of charcoal!) and great toppings. The service efficient without being cloying and the salad excellent. The price, I imagine a fair bit cheaper than the parent place, Redd. This is the perfect late day lunch or early dinner place in Napa.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is my 5th experience at the Redd Wood since they have opened. So it's beyond time to write a review:) I have yet to have anything but an excellent experience here, but this last visit could have been otherwise... My wife and I arrived promptly at 5:30pm for our reservation and were seated at one of the small tables against the wall in the side dining room where two larger tables were set up and already had large parties seated. Redd Wood's ambience is always a little noisy due to the size and the bar being in the main dining area, but this evening, seated where we were it seemed more boisterous than usual. We were brought water immediately upon being seated, and asked if we would like any thing else to drink and we declined. Approximately 15 minutes later, just when my wife brought up that at this point if we do get waited upon we should probably just order to go and take it back to our hotel, our waiter approached the table. He immediately stated that he had observed that we had arrived 13 minutes earlier and that no one had served us yet and that he would do everything he could to turn the night around for us and make it a wonderful evening. This was without hearing a peep from us, we had not made any complaints, or mentioned anything to any of the staff that had passed us by for the last 15 minutes. He kept his word. We placed our orders - he did a complimentary pairing of wines with each course, brought us an extra dish (gnocchi to die for) and some complimentary delectable Cannoli's for dessert. All of this whilst spending a little extra time with us discussing the wine pairings and giving us that extra bit of attention that makes people feel special. That's how it's done. Bravo Redd Wood. No one can be absolutely perfect, but it's how you recover from those occasional mistakes that puts you a step above everyone else. We will most certainly be back!

1  Thank OldManRiver1
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Yesterday after wine tasting at Jessup Cellars, we walked across the street to Redd Wood for lunch. No reservation on a Sat. and we we were able to sit out front at one of the small tables there. For our appetizer we ordered the Brussell Sprouts and Cauliflower which were delicious and the server enjoyed explaining the details of how they were prepared.

Our lunch entree was a Angus Beef burger with Carmalized Onions and Gyuere Cheese, this was maybe the best burger we've ever had. No need to even chew, this melted in your mouth with flavors of yumminess. The matchstick fries were delicious and served with a dip of Lemon Aioli. For dessert we shared the Chocolate Tarte with Caramel Sauce and Sea Salt. Rich, decadant and chocolate heaven! This restaurant is Michelin rated and one of our new loves in Yountville. Conde Naste Traveler has rated it as one of the top new restaurants in the world. I already can't wait to return to try one of the pastas and their Butterscotch Pot de Creme.

Redd Wood is located adjacent to the beautiful North Block Hotel where we hope to stay soon. Redd Wood has got it goin on!! :)

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Hands down best pizza crust in Napa Valley and they also have that delicious crumbly fennel sausage which is getting more and more difficult to find. Redd Wood has super cool mod-rustic décor with a combination of metals and dark leather. A smart wine list offers a blend of local and Italian varietals.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Last thanksgiving weekend we celebrated a very special get together amongst my cousin(from SFO), my sister (NYC) and myself and husband from the Philippines here at Redd Wood. I had dined here last April with my husband and we loved the ambiance, delicious pizza, pasta and wonderful wines. This second trip was a bit more of a let down most especially since it was such a special get together. First - we were given a table with a bad located (by the door) and when asked for a more special table the hostess said they were full (even if they werent) and was pretty annoyed at me when I was asking about other available tables around. Our server was great and the food was delicious. Second -steak was a bit overdone though and the wine not as exciting as we expected it to be (since this was in Napa). Third - it was also louder than usual so it was difficult for us to hear each other especially in a round table. If only they were kinder and did more to make this visit more memorable for us.