“Best meal of our trip!”
Review of Redd Wood

Redd Wood
Reserve with OpenTable
Redd Wood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cross street: Madison
Hinckley, Ohio
“Best meal of our trip!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We dined at several recommended restaurants in Napa and Yountville specifically and Redd Wood was the most satisfying overall experience. The restaurant itself was casual and hip. We dined outside and were not too close to other tables and were kept warm with heaters. The service was top notch. Our server went above and beyond to make it nice for us since we were there celebrating our anniversary. The best part of Redd Wood, however, was the food. My husband and I are both vegetarians and we were not disappointed. The salad with the brussel sprouts was to-die-for (I nearly ordered another one since my husband and I shared it) and the butternut squash pizza was divine. The chef whipped up a pasta dish for my husband, improvising with some nice winter vegetables in place of the meat it called for. He was extremely pleased with the housemade pasta and spicy red sauce. The dessert was brought to us on the house since we were there for our anniversary and it was some sort of chocolate caramel perfection.

I absolutely loved this restaurant. We also visited Mustard's Grill and Bottega during our stay and this was head and shoulders above for us. We are so pleased we ended our trip on such a high note!

Portland, Maine
“Great food but front of house was confused”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at Redd before and decided to try his other restaurant. We were very pleased with the food and ambiance. My wife had a wonderful Brussels sprout salad and meat plate and I had a pasta dish. Everything was flavorful and well presented. Waiter was great but rest of front was confused. All and all a good evening but not seamless.

GAINESVILLE
“Very good food, less pretentious than Redd but still very chic”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Had a great bottle of wine, food and dessert, our table was on time, very good mix of the upper 20 year olds and well off 50 year olds in the crowd. Prior to being seated, you could have a drink and sit in the big couches and chairs in front of a big outdoor fireplace that is associated with the connected hotel. Dress up blue jeans, penny loafers and a sport coat/leather jacket was perfect for the guys. Restaurant is a little loud, not the place to have a quite anniversary dinner, but perfect for a have fun, hang out type of night

Napa, California, United States
“It looks like they now have their act together”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I ate at this restaurant about a year ago and was not very happy. This time we noticed a lot of improvement. We were impressed now with both the food and the service. It is easy to see that Redds has done a good makeover of their junior partner. For the middle of the week they were rather crowded and the guests seemed satisfied. It is now a nice place to go for a salad and pizza, which they cook in the wood burning oven.

• Visited October 2013
Scottsdale
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was looking forward to eating here on a recent stay in Yountville. Of all the restaurants we visited on our 5 day trip, this one was the biggest disappointment. We sat on the patio, which was the most delightful part of the meal. Service was fine, but the food was JUST OK. We ordered pizzas and salads--and there was nothing remarkable about any of them. While I can't say it was awful, I can say that I would choose any other place over this one, even the local "taco truck."

• Visited October 2013