“A Real Delicious Surprise!”
Review of Redd Wood

Redd Wood
Reserve with OpenTable
Redd Wood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Madison
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This restaurant was under development when we last visited Yountville so we were excited to be able to try this new establishment. It didn't disappoint!
We stopped for an early lunch so had no trouble getting a table.
The pizzas were really something else! TRULY delicious! I had the sausage pizza which was spicy, my partner had the bacon variety. The flavours were fantastic, a real delight to eat, which says something, given we're talking about a humble pizza. They were also generous in size, though so good that we had to finish them.
Redd Wood is located at the north end of the main street in Yountville so from the heart of the town is a leisurely 10 minute walk. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a pizza, pasta, and a glass of wine. The food was very good but at Napa prices. It is an upscale pizza and pasta eatery. They have a cool salami closet at the end of the bar. Probably our most affordable dinner in the valley.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Appetizers, pizza, pasta, a few meat choices. Pizza and pasta are good. Had a pizza with squash, squash blossoms and burrata that was excellent. The crust isn't quite as good as some of the SF Neapolitan pizza places, but the whole thing comes together nicely. Appetizers and sides are very good. If you're looking for a place on the casual side in Yountville, this is a good choice. As kid-friendly as it gets for a new-American restaurant.

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Guy working the bar doubled as our server this evening, not sure why because there were plenty of people on staff. It was bad from the beginning. Wrong water (sparking vs still), poor table side manners, forgot to bring replacement utensils after we finished our appetizers, refused to ask the kitchen about a special request, after all of that we never saw him again until I found him so I could pay the bill. The food was decent, not great not bad, but this guy was so bad I won't go back. If an owner or manager is reading this and wants to know who to blame he was a young guy, probably late 20's with a scraggly beard.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We didn't feel very welcome as the host only pointed to the table where we should seat and never brought us menus. My wine arrived after I finished my lunch, waitress apologized, but still, I like to enjoy my wine with my meal. The pizza was very good, the chilled corn soup was excellent.