“Outstanding hotel for lodging and events”
Review of Hotel Yountville

Hotel Yountville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Choosing Hotel Yountville for our corporate retreat was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I'll start with the obvious: location, location, location. HY is at one end of this tiny town and all the restaurants and tasting rooms are within walking distance. They even loan out bicycles and provide a courtesy car if need be. My favorite hotel feature is the pool. It's simply and elegantly decorated with plenty of plush loungers.

The guest rooms are gorgeous. The color palette is both inviting and tranquil. I stayed in a standard room and it was quite large. I particularly loved the fireplace, jetted bathtub and back patio. The furnishings are lovely and the bed is in a tie for the most comfortable I've ever slept on.

Meeting and event spaces are spectacular. The meeting room, Oak Hall, is quite large and has tons of windows and natural light. It even features a balcony which overlooks the pool and spa. We had a dedicated room assistant, Issa, and she was ideal. Everything was refreshed and tidied as needed and she was so stealth that our meetings were never disrupted. AV services were provided by a local contractor who met me every single day to ensure I had everything I needed and answer questions. On opening night I held our welcome reception at Hopper Creek Terrace followed by dinner in Hopper Creek Kitchen. Both are lovely spaces and they were set up exactly as I had envisioned. If you are planning for speeches during a reception at Hopper Creek Terrace then definitely opt for a microphone so your speaker doesn't compete with traffic.

Let's talk food! I can sum it up in one word: delicious. This is not catering, it's fine dining. Hotel Yountville's restaurant prepares all the meals and due to its proximity to all the event spaces everything was served as intended. For instance, the salad was fresh and crisp and the entrees were piping hot. If you have the option, choose the strawberry vacherin dessert--it blew me away! Our servers were engaging, friendly, and respectful.

I must say, though, that the absolute best feature about Hotel Yountville is its service. Planning the event was a cinch and I was impressed by how well-coordinated the sales, lodging, and event teams were. There are always a few people who make my events memorable, and this time it was in the best way possible. Rest assured that if Kristi Hammond, Shannon Eckerman, and Christine Graham are working on your event, it's going to be phenomenal. These ladies are knowledgeable, personable, and did everything right the first time. They made me look good and I am so grateful. I could go on forever but really you should visit Hotel Yountville and experience the hospitality first-hand.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my ground-floor room. Parking is throughout the grounds so it was quite easy to bring in...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nancelot
YountVille_MNGT, General Manager at Hotel Yountville, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Nancelot,

Thank you for all the positive feedback on your recent experience at the hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with Issa, Kristi, Shannon and Christine. They all do an exception job.

When next in the Napa Valley for business or pleasure we look forward to having you as our guest.

Hotel General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. It is located in beautiful setting within easy walking distance of the restaurants and tasting rooms in Yountville. Our room was perfect - the only thing we would have changed is the room backed up to Washington street so we could hear the traffic as we sat outside on the patio. The room was so nice we did not even leave it on two of the nights we were there. As other readers have observed, the pool area is gorgeous. I highly recommend taking a bottle of wine out there and sitting at dusk. Staff was friendly and helpful when we needed advice about local wineries. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear John,

Thank you for all your kind feedback regarding your recent stay. Glad you found the rooms perfect and the staff friendly and helpful. We look forward to having you back as our guests when your travels bring you back to Yountville.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We've stayed in quite a few hotels in Yountville, and so far this has been our favorite. The location is perfect (walking distance to the French Laundry), beautiful rooms (ours had a wonderful soaking tub that overlooked the bedroom) and easy parking. We'd definitely stay here again. It can be really pricey during the peak season, but it's pretty reasonable during the winter.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
YountVille_MNGT, General Manager at Hotel Yountville, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Jefferson,

Thank you for all of your positive feedback regarding your recent stay. We look forward to having you back as our guest soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I was raised an only child and have issues with sharing and privacy. I made a reservation here for a girl's trip but just found out from some helpful reviews that they have no bathroom doors separating the tub and shower area to the bedroom??? Who designs a hotel room like that??? Even if I were staying with my long time hubby he doesn't need to see me struggling my way into my spanx before a night on the town. Looking to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank AustinAussie

Dear Austin,

I do hope that while you did not enjoy the bathroom configuration you enjoyed the warm service and other in room amenities that the resort is known for. While each guest room is in fact open- which many guests really do enjoy, for those seeking privacy each bathroom does provide a privacy door separating the toilet area from the shower and sink area.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had two rooms during our stay at the hotel. One was a King room; the other was two queens. Both were beautiful with fireplaces, but the room with the room with 2 queens was so amazing. It had a terrace that was my favorite part of the room / hotel. It also had vaulted ceilings that made the room seem so much bigger. The pool was beautiful and it was nice to lounge at the end of the day. Yountville is such a picturesque perfect town and everything is within walking distance. I could not imagine a better place to stay when visiting Napa.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Travel girl,

Thank you for your positive feedback on your recent stay. We look forward to having you back as our guest when your travels bring you back to the Napa Valley.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

A bucket list vacation started perfect when we arrived at this beautiful hotel in Yountville! Romantic, private, beautifully maintained property. Great bar, wonderful service, fantastic food, restaurant at hotel is incredible. The pool is gorgeous, especially at night. The service for drinks and food is wonderful, friendly and 5 star quality. We also spent one day at the spa located next to the pool, and had such a great experience. Well worth the price, a must stay hotel!!

Room Tip: we stayed directly across from the restaurant Hopper creek and the pool. we stayed on the first flo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ticder
YountVille_MNGT, General Manager at Hotel Yountville, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Ticder,

Thank you so much for all the positive feedback from your recent stay regarding the wonderful service, fantastic food and beautifully maintained grounds. We will share all your comments with our entire staff.

When next visiting the Napa Valley we look forward to having you back as our guests.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We recently stayed here and also hosted our wedding at the hotel. The hotel is gorgeous as are the rooms- full of every amenity you could wish for. The staff could not have been more hospitable. They bent over backwards to make sure our stay and our event was perfect. The food was delicious. They really went the extra mile to make sure every detail was taken care of. We could not have been more pleased with the wedding and dinner afterward. Our guests are still raving! We can't wait to go back.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Cinda,

Congratulations on your special day. We were all so glad to be a large part of your wedding and celebration. Now you just need to come back for your first anniversary!

Hotel General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Vintage House
#4 of 6 in Yountville
Andaz Napa
Andaz Napa
#4 of 30 in Napa

Been to Hotel Yountville? Share your experiences!