“Loved Hotel Yountville”
Review of Hotel Yountville

Hotel Yountville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Reviewed January 22, 2013

If you're searching for somewhere amazing to stay for a weekend in the Napa Valley, you can't go wrong here!

The rooms are gorgeous. Excellent service from absolutely everyone. Delicious brunch in the restaurant. The pool and hottub were lovely and the hot tub didn't close at night, so you could hop in whatever time you arrived back from dinner! Easy walking distance to Bouchon Bakery and several restaurants. Great winery recommendations from the bartender. A very restful atmosphere for a wine and food getaway!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah G
YountVille_MNGT, General Manager at Hotel Yountville, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for all your positive feedback on the hotel facilities and service. We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Yountville.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We was very excited to stay here seeing how beautiful it was. But they have a SERIOUS problem with soundproofing and insulation in rooms - we were there when it was quite cold, and draft came into rooms so easily that we couldn't sleep it was so cold. Another problem was the AC/heat unit (or whatever generator) is located right behind the bed (we were in end room I guess), and it made a churning, quite loud rotating noise the whole day/night. During the day it didn't bother us, but during the night I simply couldn't sleep. But we were too tired to change rooms. I know that hotels have issues sometimes and they aren't perfect - I understand that. But what made me angry was when I mentioned all this to the front desk, just to let them know, instead of saying "sorry" the front desk person started to tell me that I was wrong, and started making justifications when I pushed her that I was the customer and I was the person sleeping in the room, so how could I be wrong. It left such a bad taste in my mouth. I will be a regular visitor to Yountville and I was happy to find a beautiful hotel to stay in, but I think I will give my money (and a lot of it, for the cost of hotel Yountville) elsewhere, such as Bardessono which has impeccable customer service. What a pity that this hotel treats customers this way. We would have overlooked this soundproofing/insulation issue and come back if the front desk person didn't treat us like garbage and be so confrontational.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank nycdec2012
YountVille_MNGT, General Manager at Hotel Yountville, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay at the hotel. We take all customer reviews seriously and will review with our staff the noice issues you encountered in your guest room as well as the customer service you received from our hotel staff.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

A lovely hotel. The bellman was fantastic, housekeeping wonderful - just a terrific experience. My only beef is there is no fitness center, and the Y Bar is rather blah; but the hotel has privileges at a clean fitness center right down the street, and heaven knows there are plenty of other places to enjoy a cocktail. I'll definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The deluxe king room is fantastic, with vaulted ceilings, a fireplace, large closet and collossal ba...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Carolyn E
YountVille_MNGT, General Manager at Hotel Yountville, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Carolyn,

Thank you for your positive comments about our staff. Was glad to learn you did in fact take advantage of the fitness center just three short blocks from the hotel that caters to our hotel guests.

We will as a management team review your comments regarding your Y Bar experience. We strive to create a warm and inviting environment including providing complimentary wine tastings with many of the leading wineries in the Napa Valley every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening from 5:30-6:30pm.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Yountville the day after Christmas for several nights. We were celebrating an anniversary, and wanted the perfect spot to get away. To say that we were stunned with how unique and exceptional this hotel is would be an understatement. The moment you arrive you are treated as a valued guest. We have stayed all over the world, and in some of the most amazing hotels and this is now our favorite. The staff is well trained, and makes you feel as though they truly want to make your experience perfect. We were given a beautiful room with a fireplace and a romantic spa tub for two. The bathroom is gorgeous, the decor creates the most amazing space to relax and enjoy a nice long soak. The breakfast at the hotel restaurant offers an incredible tasting menu...3 incredible courses that still have us dreaming of the bananas foster french toast. We spent each night enjoying cocktails by the lobby fireplace, playing board games and meeting some other guests. If you love great wine, fantastic service and the most beautiful room to unwind and spend some quality time with the one you love, this is the place for you. Thank you to all of the staff who made our stay so special, we will be returning soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the creek, it is magical to hear while sitting on your patio.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for all the kind words regarding your recent stay at the hotel. Glad we were able to contribute to a great Holiday getaway in Yountville.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hotel is stunning, we stayed in a suite that was absolutely perfect. Huge bathroom, beautifully decorated and a great patio. Ate breakfast every morning at the restaurant which was delicious but a little overpriced. It would be great if there was a place to just grab something lite. Loved the pool and the lounge with the outdoor fireplace. The staff was extremely helpful, they even got us a much coveted reservation at The French Laundry! The location can't be beat. Walking distance to all the great restaurants in town. So what's the flaw...smokers!!! We sat at the pool the first afternoon (a weekday) and it was very relaxing, couples having drinks and reading. The next day it was a scene from 40-somethings gone wild. Chain Smoking, yelling, drinking all afternoon and into the night. It was still going on when we came back from dinner! Very strange as it felt like a comepletely different hotel on the weekend. Shocking that in a place as beautiful and healthy as Napa that they would allow smoking at such an upscale hotel. We did ask the staff at the pool about it and they said we could complain and they could ask them to stop, but that it was allowed.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not in the main house. I can't imagine those are quiet as some of the doo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AMY17

Dear Amy,

Thank you for your recent comments on your stay at the hotel. Delighted we were able to get you a reservation at the French Laundry! Was also glad to hear that our hotel staff was extremely helpful.

Your comments regarding smoking at the pool will be reviewed by our management team. The comfort of all of our guests is our highest priority.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Just got engaged in the Napa Valley and stayed at Hotel Yountville. This place is stunning! Its quality all around! It may not be the top stop in the Napa Valley but I think is was the best bang for my buck. We stayed in a premium king room and it was plenty big for us and it had a massive bathroom. It was lightly raining this weekend which just added to the romance. Before dinner we took a swim in the heated pool and hot tub that is bordered by a small fire on one side and with the rain fall it was nothing short of magical. The staff was friendly and the grounds were immaculate. I couldn't be happier with our stay! We will definitely be back multiple times!

Room Tip: Go for the premium rooms at least, because the soaking tubs are worth the extra price!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert B
YountVille_MNGT, General Manager at Hotel Yountville, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Robert,

Congratulations on your engagement! Glad Hotel Yountville was part of the celebration. We look forward to celebrating many more milestones with you and your family.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Hotel Yountville. Having never been to Napa Valley before I truly didn't know what to expect in the way of accommodations. I was blown away by this hotel. From the minute I walked in the lobby doors I knew it was the place to be. The staff were incredibly nice without being overbearing, the room was gorgeous, spacious, clean and in immaculate condition. My favorite was the jacuzzi bathtub - totally relaxing after a long drive. The hot tub was very relaxing and finally, a hotel with a hot tub that is NOT too hot. I was actually to sit in it for more than 3 minutes. The swimming pool was heated to the perfect temperature and the hotel restaurant - excellent food, ambiance and the service was amazingly good. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a very relaxing, quiet, peaceful getaway in Napa Valley!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TLS5775

Tony,

Thank you so much for making the Hotel Yountville your choice for your first visit to Napa Valley. Glad you enjoyed the Hopper Creek Kitchen as well as our friendly staff. We look forward to having you back with us at some point in the near future.

Hotel General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Villagio Inn and Spa
#4 of 6 in Yountville
Andaz Napa
Andaz Napa
#4 of 30 in Napa

Been to Hotel Yountville? Share your experiences!