“Great Atmosphere - (But only decent food)”
Review of Addendum at Ad Hoc

Addendum at Ad Hoc
Ranked #16 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2014

The fried chicken was good (I guess little better than your KFC, popeye's, or other chain stores). Our fried chicken was a bit lacking in favor (maybe the cooks ease off the salt from other comments). We also ordered the pull pork and ribs. They look disgusting and did not taste all that better. We love the picnic setting. The long picnic tables and benches. Be care when taking a seat on the bench. It will tip over if you are not careful.

For $16.50, you get three pieces of fried chicken, a corn beard, and two sides (our sides were beans and cole slaw). Place opens at 11am (Thursday to Saturday), plenty of parking. Come early.

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Great spot to grab a to-go gourmet lunch. We pre-ordered online (very recommended) - pick-up took less than a minute. We took ours to Pride Mountain and ate overlooking the side of the mountain. Even with the food slightly cold (as we drove a long way with it) it was delicious.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

This restaurant was a crushing disappointment considering I had such high hopes it being in the French Laundry lineage. I realize it is not actually a part of the restaurant nor was the chef cooking but I thought it would still be a far sight better. I ordered the buttermilk fried chicken which was just okay and overly salty. The side dishes of coleslaw, which was bland and the beans, which were seriously undercooked and crunchy did not impress either to say the least. I hope this was a fluke but I cannot recommend.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Addendum is a little shack behind Ad Hoc that serves lunch Thurs-Sat during the warmer months. Choices are Thomas Keller's unbelievably succulent and flavorful (marinated) buttermilk fried chicken -- the key is in the herb marinade -- or one other dish, often a BBQ pork combo (really good, but nothing like the chicken. The first time I bit into this I actually thought "but this is JUST supposed to be chicken..." Sides are very good, too. T

Reviewed June 13, 2014

My friend insisted we go here while in Napa Valley, she raved about the red velvet (seriously!) fried chicken she had there while on a work retreat.

We went at about 11:00 am on a Saturday, apparently you have to go early so they don't run out.

The special for the day I went was rosemary friend chicken. It was good, and I don't even eat friend chicken. In fact, that was only the 2nd time I have eaten it. I was amazed at how un-greasy it was, and the crispy fried rosemary was so aromatic and delicious I couldn't stop thinking about it. Yes, it was $15 for lunch, which seems like a bit much, but when you think about it being a famous chef, you get over it.

3 pieces of chicken, 2 sides (coleslaw and mac salad) and a biscuit. It was very filling, and had delightfully clean, fresh flavors.