“Fantastic Chicken”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We go up to Yountville, stop at Addendum, get a bucket of chicken (hard to imagine that friend chicken and fixings is $70 but it is worth it) and have the best picnics. The grounds behind Ad Hoc are wonderful and the food incredible.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was such a good idea and a fitting name. The chicken really is very good. Very juicy and a crispy crust. Sides were good too, especially the corn bread. We shared a meal and it was a nice lite lunch so we could head back for another treat at the Bouchon Bakery.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I haven't ever encountered a restaurant offering one item on the dinner menu nightly, but if anyone can pull it off, it's Ad Hoc...
We dined there on a Wednesday night when the entree was Skirt Steak. Simply delicious. We also shared a fettucini pasta as an intermezzo course. Everything is family style and wonderful. I happened to ask our server what happens when a diner is a vegan or vegetarian. Accommodations are available...
The wait staff couldn't be nicer!...And the interior is simple and beautiful

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a quick, inexpensive bite in Yountville - not easy to find! We discovered Addendum behind Ad Hoc - a little picnic area where you get a piece of fried chicken with some sides for $5. The chicken was good, but everything else was inedible. Poorly cooked greens, some big, undercooked pieces of Romanesco - we would have done better at a McDonalds. What a disappointment! The corn bread was pretty good. We thought it would be a small tasty snack but I wouldn't get it again if it was free. I gave it 3 stars because the setting is pleasant if the weather is nice and the piece of chicken was pretty good.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Ad Hoc's tradition of a new dinner menu each night can be excellent, but then it can be risky too. I liked the dinner, but one in our party does not eat beef and the alternative they offered was really low quality food.

If everyone in the group is highly flexible to what you eat then this can be an awesome restaurant, but our experience was marginal with two in our party pretty disappointed.

The service was poor. We had a new server and the restaurant manager did a very poor job at supervising this new employee. Many mistakes occurred with us needing to repetitively ask for various items. When we left there was no one at the door to ask how our meal was. We don't blame the server because she was new, but this is a problem with management to first allow an untrained server to be unsupervised and secondly, not to spend the time to come around the tables and ask if they can be of help. If I owned this restaurant I would replace the GM or head waiter for allowing poor customer service.