“Excellent tour guide”
Review of Consort Wine Tours

Consort Wine Tours
Ranked #5 of 8 Tours in Yountville
More attraction details
Owner description: Consort Wine Tours located in the town of Yountville, California, in the heart of the beautiful Napa Valley. Welcome to a world of luxury, and relaxation brought to you by Consort Wine Tours. Your wine tour begins when you step into either our Cadillac Escalade,or Range Rover HSE. You are welcomed with a bottle of complimentary Sparkling Wine to enjoy as you tour the Napa and (or) Sonoma Valleys. We will build the perfect day for you, which will include your must see wineries, or the hidden gems we love so much. Please call or email so that we can personally assist in planning a day that will stay with you forever. The finest tasting experiences await you. Wine Country Pleasures.... TCP 27362 P
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We chose David based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. We managed to see a great selection of wineries in the Napa area and David was a great guide. The only thing to be prepared for is being able to taste wine at 11am and managing to keep tasting throughout the day! David was great at mixing up the tour and incorporating our suggestions as well as coming up with wineries which we would never have thought of (let alone heard of!).

1  Thank Gemma W
"insight"
"estate"
"california"

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have just returned from my third trip to wine country, all with David and Consort Wine Tours. The first was in Napa, solo; the second was in Napa with a friend; and the third was in Sonoma with two other folks. Whether you have specific wineries or areas you want you visit, or just want to be shown the non-typical places, David is your man. He will call ahead to check the waiting time for tastings, find a great place to enjoy that lunch from Bouchon, and even wrangle some free tastings, all to insure that you have a great experience. Having grown up there, he has a wealth of information that he is willing to share, as you drive from winery to winery. This is especially great for the newbie to Napa that wants to learn about more, than just the wine.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I surprised my husband for his 40th birthday with a long weekend to SF and Napa, including a wine your with Consort. David was amazing we communicated by email and he was always prompt returning my emails. I had heard wonderful reviews of Kueleto and David confirmed it... He picked us up early knowing it would take some time to get there and he had champagne waiting for us. Kueleto was unbelievable and he knew it was a beautiful spot so suggested we picnic there. We had a yummy lunch from Dean and Deluca where he even spread out a white table cloth for us. It was a private tour and the Escalade was wonderful. David knew we had two other vineyards in mind and made a great suggestion for a 4th on our way to one we requested so we could stay on time. He was great with time management so we wouldn't miss our appointments, but he was always courtesy and never pushy. Did I mention he made all our appointments for us. The whole experience was stress free. He knew when to talk and give us information or when to let us relax. He even pulled over on the side of the road to suggest he take our photo in a beautiful field of mustard! It was a trip we will never forget and a great 40th for my husband. If you get the chance use Consort, it is a family business and David makes you feel like family!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had a great 2 days with David! We were 2 couples & my husband was very specific in what type of wineries he wanted to visit. David was very accommodating! He brought us to fantastic wineries... He really understood what my husband was looking for. The lunch was wonderful... Sandwiches & cookies from Bouchon bakery one day & assorted meats, cheeses, bread etc from Dean & Deluca the other day. David was extremely knowledgeable & very pleasant! I would highly recommend Consort wine tours!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I had done a lot of research before our trip to Yountville, and David Locke/Wine Consort Tours came highly recommend by other travelers. We booked with David over the phone a couple of months ahead of time and spoke to him a few times before arriving in the area. Although we never received an itinerary, we had talked about what we would like to do during our day. I had mentioned going to Sonoma and perhaps going to a cheese shop in addition to the wineries, just to break up the day. As our tour day approached, we were really looking forward to meeting David and driving around in his Escalade and learning about the area.

When our day arrived, we were greeted by David's wife, Susan, and we were not driven around in an Escalade, but in a Jeep Cherokee. Don't get me wrong: Susan was very enjoyable and kind and gave us a lovely day (and frankly three people don't require an Escalade), but it was surprising to receive a completely different experience from what others seemed to have gotten and what we had come to expect.

We did visit several wineries in the Saint Helena region, most of which were smaller and family-run, which was really nice. You definitely get more attention and learn more about the wines this way, which we appreciated. Susan made sure that none of the places we visited had a hefty price tag for their tastings. We did have a tasty lunch from Bouchon Bakery consisting of chicken salad sandwiches and oatmeal raisin cookies, which we enjoyed at the Salvestrin Winery.

We never did make it to Sonoma, but we did have fun getting to explore the northern parts of the valley. The countryside is beautiful, and Susan was a great person to spend the day with.

I would recommend this as a nice way to spend the day either as a couple or with a group of friends. If you have somewhere you absolutely want to visit or you really want your tour to be with David, then I would suggest you confirm that a day or two before your visit. The only reason I gave it a "very good" rating as opposed to "excellent" is because we didn't quite get the experience we were anticipating.