“Great way to see the wineries!”
Review of Consort Wine Tours

Consort Wine Tours
Ranked #5 of 8 Tours in Yountville
More attraction details
Owner description: Consort Wine Tours located in the town of Yountville, California, in the heart of the beautiful Napa Valley. Welcome to a world of luxury, and relaxation brought to you by Consort Wine Tours. Your wine tour begins when you step into either our Cadillac Escalade,or Range Rover HSE. You are welcomed with a bottle of complimentary Sparkling Wine to enjoy as you tour the Napa and (or) Sonoma Valleys. We will build the perfect day for you, which will include your must see wineries, or the hidden gems we love so much. Please call or email so that we can personally assist in planning a day that will stay with you forever. The finest tasting experiences await you. Wine Country Pleasures.... TCP 27362 P
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had a great 2 days with David! We were 2 couples & my husband was very specific in what type of wineries he wanted to visit. David was very accommodating! He brought us to fantastic wineries... He really understood what my husband was looking for. The lunch was wonderful... Sandwiches & cookies from Bouchon bakery one day & assorted meats, cheeses, bread etc from Dean & Deluca the other day. David was extremely knowledgeable & very pleasant! I would highly recommend Consort wine tours!

There are newer reviews for Consort Wine Tours

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I had done a lot of research before our trip to Yountville, and David Locke/Wine Consort Tours came highly recommend by other travelers. We booked with David over the phone a couple of months ahead of time and spoke to him a few times before arriving in the area. Although we never received an itinerary, we had talked about what we would like to do during our day. I had mentioned going to Sonoma and perhaps going to a cheese shop in addition to the wineries, just to break up the day. As our tour day approached, we were really looking forward to meeting David and driving around in his Escalade and learning about the area.

When our day arrived, we were greeted by David's wife, Susan, and we were not driven around in an Escalade, but in a Jeep Cherokee. Don't get me wrong: Susan was very enjoyable and kind and gave us a lovely day (and frankly three people don't require an Escalade), but it was surprising to receive a completely different experience from what others seemed to have gotten and what we had come to expect.

We did visit several wineries in the Saint Helena region, most of which were smaller and family-run, which was really nice. You definitely get more attention and learn more about the wines this way, which we appreciated. Susan made sure that none of the places we visited had a hefty price tag for their tastings. We did have a tasty lunch from Bouchon Bakery consisting of chicken salad sandwiches and oatmeal raisin cookies, which we enjoyed at the Salvestrin Winery.

We never did make it to Sonoma, but we did have fun getting to explore the northern parts of the valley. The countryside is beautiful, and Susan was a great person to spend the day with.

I would recommend this as a nice way to spend the day either as a couple or with a group of friends. If you have somewhere you absolutely want to visit or you really want your tour to be with David, then I would suggest you confirm that a day or two before your visit. The only reason I gave it a "very good" rating as opposed to "excellent" is because we didn't quite get the experience we were anticipating.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I'm not surprised to consistently see amazing reviews of David Lock and his Consort Wine Tours company. I was in Napa this past weekend with a group of girlfriends and we were looking for our own wine adventure, for a great price. I looked EVERYWHERE for a good wine tasting tour deal, but also for a great overall experience. David was offering the best deal out there. Compared to other bigger companies, I was able to get a better deal and our own personal wine tour. The minute we met David, we knew it would be a great day. David was super friendly, was willing to accommodate our last minute desire to try a new winery off the beaten path, and all in our own luxury car. The lux SUV turned out to be a better idea than a a limo after a few glasses of wine ;)

David, provides not only excellent service, but also a great wine tasting experience unrivaled in the Napa Valley! David, if you read this....good luck with Law school! :)

Reviewed June 10, 2012

David is great. He definitely knows the wineries to visit according to your needs. We had my 2 year old daughter with us and he recommended Castillo de Amorosa which was really good for her. I will definitely call him again if I need a guide/driver the next time I visit Napa.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Consort Wine Tours is THE company to use if you're touring Napa or Sonoma Valley.

Having spent most of his life in Napa, company owner David Locke is a knowledgeable host who thinks of everything. Dave greeted me and my friends with Champagne, then gave us a thoughtful, engaging rundown of what we were going to see as we traveled around in the comfort of a Cadillac Escalade. CWT shows you the true heart of wine country, boutique vineyards that have more personality and flavor than you’ll ever find in big brands like Robert Mondavi. Also included in the tour, a delicious picnic lunch from upscale Bouchon Bakery in the foodie town of Yountville.

I can't wait to use Consort Wine Tours again next time I'm in CA. I can't recommend them highly enough!