“My favorite place”

Napa Valley Wine Tour - Small Group
Ranked #4 of 44 things to do in Yountville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Founded in 1985, Goosecross is a winery and vineyard owned by Christi Coors Ficeli and her family. Located in Yountville, Goosecross is known for producing high quality wines and providing excellent customer service. They stay focused on the basics – sustainable farming with attention, care and diligence in the cellar. Their wines are only available through the winery, 100% direct to consumer. A visit to Goosecross’ wine tasting room in Yountville will delight you with its casual, friendly atmosphere and outstanding hospitality. The winery tasting room is the place to taste, experiment, and learn in a laid-back beautiful space, and in the company of knowledgeable hosts who are passionate about wine.
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have belonged to Goose Cross for many years and the wines are outstanding. All of my freinds with me had tried their wines with me and heard me for years tell them how great it was. Finally, they got to enjoy the Winery and it was exactly how I described it to them. We were well taken care of there by Jose. Goose Cross made more new fans that day and they continue to be my go to winery. Go to the website and lok at Collens recipes and their podcasts, you will not be disappointed.

Goosey2Yountville, Owner at Goosecross Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

We love our club members and we're happy to go the extra mile for you! It's great to know that you find value in our recipes and in our podcasts. A lot of time and work went into creating these benefits to enhance your enjoyment of Goosecross wines. Thank you for hanging in there all these years, and for referring your friends to Goosecross - we promise to take good care of you always.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just left Goosecross cellars and I would say their wines are delicious and the tasting room was also fun, which so far a few days into the Napa experience has been unique for us. Most of their wines lean towards the fruity side - although not all of them so you will find that most will enjoy. It is a smaller winery, which probably adds to the experience. Definitely recommended.

We're so happy to hear you liked our wines and our winery experience.Thanks so much!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

What a wonderful time we had here! Jose was in rare form that afternoon and my band of merry girls were up to the challenge! He made us laugh, served us some great wine and was very helpful in finding individual preferences. We went to Goosecross on a Segway tour and it just added to our perfect afternoon. Thanks jose (&Kim) from the Texas girls!!

Goosey2Yountville, Owner at Goosecross Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

What would we do without Jose and Kim to entertain (and harrass) our visitors? ;-) We're happy they took good care of your band of merry girls, and may there many more excursions to Goosecross. Thanks for the fantastic Trip Advisor review!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I arrived at Goosecross early on a Monday morning and enjoyed an in-depth tasting. Our vintner, Steve, was wonderful, knowledgeable, and loads of fun! The standout for me was the 2010 Tempranillo, which was unusually layered for such a young wine -- lots of candied fruit and even marzipan on the nose, and fresh pine, which made my husband blurt out "it's Christmas in a bottle!" when he inhaled it. The 2009 Chardonnay was also really wonderful. Another bottle of the Tempranillo (if it's not sold out) and the delightful Orange Muscat are on my Christmas wish list. We visited 15 wineries on our trip to Napa Valley and Goosecross is right at the top of the list.

Goosey2Yountville, Owner at Goosecross Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Wow, thanks so much for such a terrific review! We have never heard that the Tempranillo is like "Christmas in a bottle" before, but that's a great description! We're so happy to hear that you had a good time at Goosecross and that Steve took good care of you. We hope your Christmas wish comes true. ;-) Thanks again and enjoy the wine.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Kim, the host was the most high energy and fun host we experienced and the options and quality were second to none. Great white options as well. Great prices. They make sure you have fun.

Goosey2Yountville, Owner at Goosecross Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Here's a great one for Kim! Thanks so much for your excellent review about our service and our wines. Our Winemaker is becoming more and more well known for his wide selection of white wines in this famous "Cabernet country". We are very proud of Geoff for all his hard work and talent in the vineyard, plus his superb palate for winemaking. We're happy you enjoyed our wines and had a good time here. Kim is excited about this super review!