“so perfect”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Chicago, Illinois
“so perfect”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I'm super impressed by this hotel. My boyfriend and I went to napa for 4 days and stayed at the north block. I enjoyed the small, boutique feel and the great amenities including big bathroom with soaker tub, hot tub and a awesome restaurant on site. I would recommend a second floor room if possible. The spa provides a nice break of wine tasting. Location is incredible - walking distance to best restaurants in napa. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Second floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
New Jersey
Reviewed April 4, 2014

After reading reviews, I agree that this is a great location and a nice hotel, however, you would need to be paying less than $300 a night. The hotel's courtyard is connected to Redd Wood. Because of this, while we sat outside by the hotel's outside seating/fireplace drinking some wine, several kids from parents eating the restaurant "joined" us. We moved back to our room and sat outside, there was a fountain in front of us. As the time passed, anyone who had kid with them set them to throw pennies in the fountain, there were a lot of kids. We came to find it was spring break week in CA so perhaps this isn't the norm. I would return for the location with a good rate, otherwise, there are plenty of good places to stay in Yountville.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have seating areas that stare directly at the restaurant. If you want the people...
2 Thank Flantastic-Four
West Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Wonderfully appointed hotel. Comfortable and stylish outdoor courtyard seating. Complimentary wine tasting upon arrival in the lobby. Also, as guests here you are eligible for complimentary tastings at two neighboring taste rooms. Just make sure you reserve a spot ASAP as they book up quickly. Beds were soft and comfortable. Walking distance to EVERYTHING Yountville has to offer.
We were three girls visiting for a birthday celebration and the three of us were able to comfortably share the 2 Queen bed room. Had the jacuzzi to ourselves in the evening.
Truly a wonderful visit!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Ty A, General Manager at North Block Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hi Rita,
I'm pleased to hear you had a wonderful weekend!
My team and I really enjoyed hosting you and your friends and hope to welcome you again soon.
My best,
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I am OBSESSED with this hotel. Perfect location in perfect Yountville. Charming courtyard. Beautifully decorated rooms with Restoration Hardware furniture. The most comfortable bed EVER. Clean, clean, clean! So wonderful!!! My husband and I were first timers to Napa, and this hotel honestly made our visit AMAZING! I am rarely impressed, and I was very impressed :) Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Our balcony overlooked the parking lot and the winery behind the hotel. You are in Yountville, so n...
Meg,
Wow, thank you for sharing such an amazing review (we're blushing a little bit!).
I hope you can visit us again soon.
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Just checking in was a treat, a glass of wine and a smile. The service was excellent, they even carry your bags to your room and a free bottles is chilled and ready to start your vacation!

The restaurant was great, great food and friendly service, every employee treats you like a guest, even if you just stopped in to eat.

The rooms are very clean and everything worked as it should, upstairs balcony is the best! There is a rain shower in the bathroom, great way to start the day.

Weekday rate was about $255, I wouldn't pay above $300, $500 for the weekends is a little bit over the top. Stay and enjoy!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are the best.
Dear Michael,
Thank you for staying at North Block.
I am pleased you noticed and enjoyed all the little details that we think make a big difference!
You are correct, prices in our area do increase on the weekends (especially in the summer & fall), so I'm glad that you were able to get one of the last of our discounted winter rates.
Please come back any time - we'd love to welcome you again.
My very best,
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I loved this place. Very small hotel - only 20 rooms. The rooms are small but very comfortable. We had a a private little porch in the back. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Bathroom was large and the products are great. We went during the week. Great time to go. The rooms were substantially cheaper and no one was there. No crowds at the wineries - making for impromptu tours and longer tastings.

The hot tub and pool are nice areas as well, except the hot tub was way too hot and the pool was freezing.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Ekob,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at North Block.
My apologies for the chilly pool - we've turned up the heat & it's now ready for a spring swim!
I'm glad to see you otherwise enjoyed your stay & hope you can visit us again.
My best,
Ty Accornero, GM
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at several hotels/inns in the Napa area and North Block Hotel is our favorite by far. We were greeted with a glass of sparkling wine upon our arrival and the staff immediately made us feel at home. They were friendly and accommodating and the check in process was seamless.

The guest rooms are warm and inviting. We enjoyed the cozy fireplace and the bed was amazing. The bathroom is a large with heated floors and bath products that make you feel as though you have gone to the spa.

The location is perfect. It is walking distance to amazing restaurants and tasting rooms and it is close to Hwy 29, so it is only short drive to the wineries.

After a day of wine tasting, we enjoyed relaxing by the fire place in the courtyard that makes you feel like you have gone to Italy.

If you are looking for a truly special, intimate and relaxing experience, give North Block a try.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Heidi,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay at North Block.
It has been a true pleasure having you and your husband as our guests over the years.
We look forward to your next visit!
My very best,
Ty Accornero, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#3 of 6 in Yountville
Andaz Napa
Andaz Napa
#4 of 30 in Napa

Been to North Block Hotel? Share your experiences!