“Perfect New Year's Getaway”
Review of North Block Hotel

North Block Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Beverly Hills, California
“Perfect New Year's Getaway”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for three nights in a queen courtyard view room on the second floor. The hotel is charming and small with well-appointed rooms reminiscent of a Restoration Hardware catalog. The bed was very comfortable. Free internet and complimentary water bottles in the room were a nice touch. Room also had a mini-fridge with plenty of room for store-bought snacks and drinks, which was convenient. Bathroom was very spacious with a huge soaking tub and great bath producs. The service is terrific, from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. Hotel is a 10-minute walk to Bottega, Bouchon, Redd, and other great restaurants. We would've liked to have tried Redd Wood at the hotel, but our schedule didn't allow for it. This is a great boutique hotel in a wonderfully quaint Napa Valley town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
los angeles
Reviewed December 31, 2012

A wonderful boutique hotel experience. Dog friendly! Fantastic beds, beautiful bathroom, well appointed and decorated. Kudos to the designer. The restaurant next door, Redd Wood had one of the best dinners ever which is saying a lot for this foodie paradise. Thank you to Charles at Redd Wood and Kelly at the hotel for making our stay a place to remember!
Added perks:
free internet
great location

Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed over Christmas, and I am still gushing about how wonderful it was. The property is beautiful, the staff is super friendly and accommodating, and they LOVED our little shih tzu! Our room had heated bathroom floors, a big tub, rain shower head, fireplace, and outdoor space (along with a big closet, doggie bed and bowls, and the most comfortable bed EVER). Even in the winter and rain, the hotel is really stunning - both inside and out. The hot tub was kept heated, so we got to enjoy a few mornings soaking in the rain (which I recommend - it is very relaxing!). We didn't get to enjoy the breakfast, pool, gym, or spa, due to the hectic holiday schedule we had, but would love to try them out next time. Redd Wood is on site, and has amazing pizza and a really good Caesar salad. If pizza isn't your thing, North Block is located within walking distance to a bunch of other great restaurants.
All in all, this is the nicest boutique hotel I've ever stayed at. So much attention has been paid to every detail, that it really stands out as a special property. It's a bit pricey for my normal travel budget, but I would be SO willing to splurge again in the future.
Thanks for making our Christmas magical, North Block Hotel & Staff!

Room Tip: Being a small property, all of the rooms are easily accessed and close to all on site amenities. The...
1 Thank Brian B
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here because of the proximity to the restaurant and great reviews. The decor was nice, updated, good service, convenient in room espresso machine, and comfortable beds (down cover too warm though). Some downsides were rooms very warm (too warm); one sink was slow drain; our bathroom partially flooded during the heavy rains; they charge you a $25 service fee to tip the staff no matter how long/short your stay.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor; you can hear your neighbors walking above.
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I visited this hotel about a year ago for the first time, as a gift for my boyfriends birthday. All of my expectations were exceeded. The hotel was beautiful, clean, and unique. The hotel staff was amazing - Kelly greeted us warmly with a glass of champagne and immediately we felt relaxed and happy. She recommended restaurants and called and got us several reservations over the weekend. Greg showed us to our room and gave a lively and comedic tour, which was great, we really enjoyed it. I sent my good friends visiting from the east coast, and making their first trip to the Napa Valley, to this hotel, and they absolutely fell in love with it like I did. The personal welcome and eagerness to help us have the best possible weekend really made my trip special. Thank you Kelly! I will be back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Recently spent a two night stay at north block hotel, and it was amazing. When we arrived we were greeted by Kelly, an absolute angel! She helped check us in and showed us to our room. The room was beautiful, fireplace with a bathroom with heated floors! Not to mention the bed that felt like I was in a dream the second I sat down! Seeing as my wife and I were in town for two nights from San Francisco, and had no idea where to begin with wine tasting, we thought it would be a good idea to ask the staff on recommendations. We walk to the front desk, and there is Kelly again! We ask her for recommendations on winery's and she was so helpful, she set us up with a list of great winery's only a few doors, and blocks, away. When we came back we were greeted by more great employees and sat outside by the fireplace and soaked up the ambiance. Next problem we ran into was dinner, what restaurant would we choose? Oh no worries here, almost like a magical snap of the fingers, Kelly was walking by and when we asked her for recommendations
and within minutes she had a reservation for us at "redd" where we had an amazing dinner. The restaurant was packed and somehow Kelly got us an awesome table in such a short notice. The next day was filled with relaxation, and filled with nothingness... The best day ever! My wife and I had an amazing experience. The staff was professional and well put together, they had an ability to be so professional but yet make me feel as if I was at my own home. We will gladly come back and visit, but only if we can actually have a glass of wine with Kelly this time, she made the trip so memorable!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnS1345
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Beautiful boutique hotel with the friendliest, most professional staff. We were personally greeted by the manager Ty to make sure that our stay was the best it could be. The room was very comfortable with the perfect amenities. House blend of bathroom products that are delightful and available for purchase in the lobby. Wonderful soaking tub and awesome shower with heated floors in the bathroom make for a spa like experience. Felt very pampered without feeling doted upon which is unique. Super comfy bed with wonderful sheets and pillows. Great location close to some of the best restaurants. The concierge arranged reservations for us at some delicious restaurants and arranged an itinerary of wineries to visit that were some of the best I have been to. The hotel restaurant Redd Wood is beautifully decorated with the perfect amount of chic. The food was amazing as was our server Charlie who described every dish perfectly. It was raining the whole weekend so we were not able to take advantage of our private patio, or the pool. I cannot wait to go back on a warm and sunny weekend to experience all that the hotel has to offer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
Andaz Napa
Andaz Napa
#4 of 30 in Napa
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer

Been to North Block Hotel? Share your experiences!