“Great family of ballooners, wonderful experience”

Napa Valley Aloft Balloon Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Napa Valley Aloft Balloon Rides is a family owned and operated business. Our family has been hot air ballooning over Napa Valley for more than 30 years, offering smaller, private-party hot air balloon flights. Situated in the heart Yountville, Napa Valley inside V-Marketplace, Vintage 1870, we offer exclusive hot air balloon rides and personal flights to celebrate your special occasion. Our hot air balloon pilots are among the most experienced in the world with extensive knowledge of Napa Valley, combined with their passion for hot air ballooning makes them perfectly suited to be your special hosts and guides during your morning with us. Kid friendly and fun for the entire family. Join us for a most unforgettable experience!
Charlotte, North Carolina
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great family of ballooners, wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were with a group that went up in 3 separate balloons, each manned by a member of the family-owned Napa Valley Aloft. The entire experience was wonderful and we would do it again in a heartbeat. The owner of the company, our pilot, has over 9000 hours flying balloons, and we were totally at ease, not nervous at all. What a great time, and we enjoyed a fantastic breakfast afterward. It was just too short--we could have floated for another hour, no problem. =)

Visited October 2012
1 Thank JenPNC

Roswell, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Outstanding & safe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was a blast. We weren't able to do Napa because of weather, so they took us to the Central Valley and it was great. We didn't feel compromised at all and felt that everything was done with safety first. The view was great and there was little sensation of moving. Not scary at all. The pilot and crew were very experienced and knew what they were doing. This was the first time we'd done a hot air balloon, and we highly recommend these guys.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank JBSK89
Madison, WI
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Perfect Start to our Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a bit of a late review, we took our flight on August 28th to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. Taking a hot air balloon ride was not on my bucket list, but when we were researching our trip to Napa, we decided that it was an experience we had to try it. I am so happy that we did-it was unforgettable. The entire process from booking, to the flight, to the breakfast afterwards was easy and memorable. Our flight was with Jay, and we had 10 people in our basket; Jay made everything more interesting and fun. There were plenty of opportunities to take pictures as the balloon was filling and they also got a picture of us as we got into the basket and lifted off. We had the most gorgeous weather, we could see all the way to San Francisco and the Golden Gate-our photos turned out fabulous!

There were three things that stood out in my mind about this experience:
1. There is no sensation of movement in the balloon. One minute you're on the ground, the next you're in the sky. It is so peaceful and relaxing.
2. It is so much warmer up in the sky than on the ground. We were in t-shirts by the end of the flight.
3. You never know where you're going to land. It's not like you can really steer a balloon and we landed in this random backyard at 7:30 in the morning. Imagine getting ready for work and looking outside to see a balloon and a bunch of people in your yard. It made our landing a little adventuresome but I felt safe the entire trip.

Once you land, you take vans back to the restaurant for breakfast, which was really good. We enjoyed the opportunity to chat with our fellow passengers and Jay over the meal. Overall, I would completely recommend Napa Valley Aloft to any of my family or friends that are planning a trip to Napa. It was a fabulous experience!

Visited August 2012
San Clemente, California
3 attraction reviews
“closer to heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

For years I have seen hot air balloons dotting the early morning horizon. I said to myself "one day I want to "be" up there!" And last Monday was my "one day". My husband and I were jittery with excitement already when "J" greeted us across the parking lot with..."Are you ready to fly?" He seemed as excited as we were! To find out that J has something like 90,000 hours as a balloon pilot, his son Jaysson and daughter Gretchen, were as experienced and knowledgeable as they were delightful. We were in awe of their family as we were the scenery that they beautifully navigated us through. From start to finish...It was an amazing experience, from reservation to a delectible brunch with the crew and fellow passengers. They made our balloon experience memorable and one that we would want to do again with Napa Valley Aloft! Thanks Guys :)

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The most amazing day Of our lifes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Thank you Jay Kimble for the taking US to where so very few men have ever been...you are AN amazing man, pilot, father and friend with AN amazing life, career, family and spirit! Thank you for sharing such a sweet piece Of heaven with the love Of My life Bonnie and me...AN over the top end to our vacation Of a lifetime. We'll be looking forward to crossing paths and sharing some Air space again with you real soon.
Your friends, Bonnie and Bob