“No Hot Air!”

Napa Valley Aloft Balloon Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Napa Valley Aloft Balloon Rides is a family owned and operated business. Our family has been hot air ballooning over Napa Valley for more than 30 years, offering smaller, private-party hot air balloon flights. Situated in the heart Yountville, Napa Valley inside V-Marketplace, Vintage 1870, we offer exclusive hot air balloon rides and personal flights to celebrate your special occasion. Our hot air balloon pilots are among the most experienced in the world with extensive knowledge of Napa Valley, combined with their passion for hot air ballooning makes them perfectly suited to be your special hosts and guides during your morning with us. Kid friendly and fun for the entire family. Join us for a most unforgettable experience!
Doha, Qatar
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“No Hot Air!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife purchased a balloon trip with Napa Valley Aloft for our wedding anniversary and I have to say I was a little nervous, as I have a fear of heights. However, from the moment preparations began to the pinpoint soft landing, Jason, the pilot, reassured us and made the whole trip both memorable and informative.
We learned about the inflation, navigation and deflation of a hot air balloon as well as myriads of interesting facts about the Napa Valley its wine industry. Jason seemed very well informed, having been born and brought up in the valley and having been involved in the balloon industry all his life.
The Napa Valley is more beautiful than I had thought from the ground, the geometric patterns of the vineyards contrast splendidly with the wildly tumbling forested hills. As we flew the morning mists cleared, more and more of the panorama opened up and we were able to get a feel for the whole valley.
We travelled in a small balloon and basket, there being only the two of us, Jason and Ben, a trainee pilot. When you consider that balloon travel is at the whims of the wind, it is unbelievable that they can put these things down on a sixpence (sorry...dime!).
An unforgettable experience, our thanks to everyone involved.

Visited December 2011
NVAloftBallooning, Front Office Manager at Napa Valley Aloft Balloon Rides, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
That was a beautiful morning! We're so glad the weather cooperated for you!

The way you described the view from aloft was very inspiring! This shows that you can fly anytime of year and Napa Valley is always lovely!

You talked about being afraid of heights, as so many people are! Isn't it lovely up there? That fear goes right away, as it's not how most imagine it to be. There is no wind resistance and you're not even aware you are moving! Gentle and serene are how most would describe it!

Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate it!

~ Charlene ~

Fairfield, California
“Great flight with Napa Valley Aloft”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

My flight was so memorable. I was so pleased with everything about my morning with Napa Valley Aloft, the pilot was very knowledgeable about the Napa Valley. I wasn't even cold once I got into the balloon. Be sure to check their website for any deals or promotions. They are running a promotion on Gift Certificates right now through December 24, 2011. Check it out.

Visited November 2011
NVAloftBallooning, Front Office Manager at Napa Valley Aloft Balloon Rides, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Thank you for choosing us for your Hot Air Balloon flight! We're very happy to hear that you had such a good time! We hope to see you again sometime and thanks for sharing with us here on Trip Advisor!
Charlene
Columbia, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2011

I've wanted to do a hot air balloon ride for 30 years and this morning I flew with Laura and couldn't have had a better time. We floated in the early morning air and had the softest touch down-I can't say enough about this wonderful experience other than you will have to try it for yourself and you must go with Napa Valley Aloft. The champagne bruch was a great touch. Don't wait as long as I did.......

Visited May 2011
1 Thank Upfield
Thank you for such a great review! We are thrilled that you finally got your Hot Air balloon ride! It really is one of those experiences you will never forget, so we are happy you chose us to share that memory with! We hope to see you again sometime!
Charlene
Florida
“One of My Best Travel Experiences”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2010

Awesome - a perfect end to a terrific trip! Napa Valley Aloft’s knowledge/expertise & concern for safety are top notch. Due to windy weather conditions in late October, our flight had to be rescheduled 3 times but definitely worth the wait. Laura & crew made sure everyone was comfortable before lift-off, during the 1 hr flight & after touchdown. She is a great pilot/tour guide; answering all of questions about the valley/balloon. My advice to everyone reading this, book the flight for the 1st morning you're in the Valley. That way, if Mother Nature decides to make other plans, your remaining mornings are your back-up days. The next time I find myself in California‘s Wine Country, Napa Valley Aloft will be the first one I call!

Emerald Coast Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A Beautiful, intimate balloon ride over Napa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2009

My wife really did her research and located this balloon tour for the conclusion of our romantic weekend. Instead of the large 10-20 person rides, we had reserved a tour for 6, which ended up being just the 2 of us, along with the owner, and another pilot (Laura), her husband and sister out for a beautiful morning trip. We ended up spending almost 2 hours aloft due to the light winds and airflows, but had a very personal experience! Afterwards, we had a great champagne breakfast and got to know know really learn about the owners and the locals