1,383 results
All reviews outdoor shower rooftop pool lucy restaurant high tech leed platinum glass of wine napa valley room massages french laundry wine country water features impeccable service bouchon bakery the entire staff walking distance luxury hotel car service
Reviewed March 9, 2017

This was our third time staying at Bardessono, but we had not been in over 4 years. With new management taking hold in the interim, we were concerned that there could have been changes for the worse, but were so pleased with our stay. We chose Bardessono once again based on our positive memories, but also the perfect location. Walking distance to incredible restaurants and tasting rooms, and nestled unobtrusively in Yountville -- it can afford to have hiccups in guest services. But it doesn't.

The staff is still exceptionally professional, but also warm. We experienced some horrid flight delays and did not arrive at the property until 3:00 a.m. We were still greeted nicely, shown to our room, and given a thorough overview of its features. The room was as beautiful as we remembered it, the fireplace cozy, and the bath products and amenities of such high quality. We were surprised with a rose petal strewn bath with a split of champagne when we returned from our first day out and about, which was an incredible treat. Our two room service breakfasts were delicious, with incredibly fresh ingredients, from the produce to the house-made granola -- and were brought by genuinely friendly and accommodating staff.

Needless to say, we worried for naught. Bardessono is still a great property with a location that is absolutely second to none. We will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank K D
Management response:Responded March 15, 2017

Thank you, KD, for returning to Bardessono. I am thrilled to hear that our location in the heart of Napa Valley worked out well for you. Our associates strive to provide a memorable experience for our guests and I am glad to hear that we left a lasting impression on you with our service. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time your travels bring you to the area!

Regards,
Sileshi Mengite

Reviewed March 9, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited just a week ago and we were blown away!

The service is excellent from when you pull up to when you leave. They greet you by name, take you on a lovely tour a day set you up in your fantastically fabulous suite.

The grounds are so pretty, calm and relaxing. We even spent some time laying in the pool cabanas reading on our downtime from vineyard hopping. So comfy!

The bed in the room is so comfortable and HUGE, hard to get out of in the morning. You'll definitely want to enjoy some time in the tub, you just take full advantage.

The restaurant was under construction while we were there but we didn't mind, plenty of great restaurants and tasting rooms sighing walking distance.

You'll be back...we can't wait to come back! Thank you Bardessono for making my birthday one of the best!

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded March 15, 2017

Thank you for kindly reviewing Bardessono. I am thrilled to have exceeded your expectations with our personable service from check-in to check-out. It is also great to hear that you took advantage of our relaxing pool area and luxurious in-room amenities. We look forward to continually welcoming you back for your future trips to Napa Valley.

Best,

Reviewed March 5, 2017

I would write two reviews if I could as the hotel itself is exceptional, but their Spa is not anywhere close to being on par with the rest of the experience.

Location: Located in the heart of Yountville within walking distance of shops and restaurants makes it a good choice if you want to enjoy the quaint little town. Its also very close to the vineyards so you can get most places within 15-20 minutes at most.

Property: Very well-manicured grounds that are clearly well-kept and maintained. Its to walk around during your stay. Easy access to park your car and you an even use one of their property lexus vehicles during the day for free (up to three hours). Overall, nice property, just know not in the vineyards.

Accommodations: We stayed in one of the suites with a large bathroom (steam shower that I have no idea how to use) and Jacuzzi tub (which does work). Each room has its own fire place (which is nice) and couch to sit by the fire. You have an outdoor patio that would be nice in good weather (was too cold for us to use really). I personally didn't care for the bed, it was rock hard and didn't give either of us a good night sleep during out stay. Not sure why, just not comfortable. Overall, modern, but still warm and inviting.

Tip: Ask for an interior room, we look at out at the back of a supermarket or something like that. Its ok, but not ideal. You don't want 205...

Service: They welcomed us by name with a glass of wine and it continued from there. They are very friendly and make you feel like a guest in their home.

Concierge: we saw him when we first arrived, but not again in the mornings when he could have helped us.

Workout Facility: If you are coming here to work out, STAY ELSEWHERE. The gym is utterly pathetic, two True elliptical trainers, which looked to be 10 years old. No TV and tiny space. They should add Pilates or something for guest as I am a triathlete and really had no where to workout. They do have a heated pool and hot tub on the roof, which is ok. Its a lap pool so you can swim.

SPA: Tail of two experiences. I got the massage and it was a decent massage delivered by a professional therapist. The "locker room" is TINY with little chairs (not comfortable like most spas. They had some form of leak so it was torn up (not their fault, but still noticeable). My wife got the Rejuvenating Facial (75 min) and it was ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Her face is all dried out and she had to go put on her own moisturizers to fix it. They don't give you even a basic hand massage like most places and she actually got a migraine because they forgot to put a pillow under neck, which caused her neck to bend at a weird angle. Overall, 1 STAR. Too many great spas in Napa to have this experience. Spa staff is actually the least friendly of the entire place as well. They need to really step back and raise the quality here as its not on par with the rest of the resort.

Restaurant (Lucy): We had breakfast here and it was actually solid. The Shrimp and Grits are worth a shot and my wife go the omelet, which was decent. Service was efficient and friendly. They also have complimentary breakfast snacks for guests, which we recommend.

Overall, a well-run hotel in a good location with some opportunities to take their property to the next level.

Room Tip: DO NOT pick a room on the outskirts of the hotel as you will be looking at a parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Scott M
Management response:Responded March 7, 2017

Scott, thank you for taking the time to leave this review as your feedback is invaluable to us as we work to improve the guest experience at Bardessono. I am very sorry to hear about you and your wife's experience at our Spa. I assure you that we take our spa services very seriously and I will surely discuss your experience with the team to see how we may improve moving forward. We are always happy to accommodate for specific preferences upon request so please do feel free to inform our spa specialists of any personal preferences and/or discomforts. I do hope that you might give our spa another chance to impress you in the future and please do call us if you have any questions regarding a future visit.

Reviewed February 26, 2017

4.0 stars for location, champagne bubble jets in tub, outdoor shower, being eco-friendly, and great service. I came mid-week during low season, so it felt like staff to guest ratio was 2:1. Everyone was genuinely nice and many that I spoke with were from the area, so naturally an expert! Top highlights for me include:
- being able to walk to some of the best restaurants (ad hoc, bouchon, bouchon bakery, bottega
- free bike rentals! our bike broke along the way, and someone came to pick us up and dropped off a new bike for us
- champagne bubble jet bathtub, I had no idea this amazing thing existed until I got here. it essentially looks like you're in a boiling tub and it feels oh so luxurious.

-0.5 stars for my husband's average massage. For how they advertise their services and their prices, he was expecting a lot more.
-0.5 for thin walls where we could hear our neighbors getting..intimate.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded February 28, 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review of Bardessono. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our prime location in the heart of Napa Valley as well as our eco-minded, luxuriously-appointed guestrooms. Our associates take customer service very seriously, and they will be thrilled to have left a lasting impression on you. I am sorry that your husband's massage did not meet his expectations and we appreciate this feedback as we continue to improve the guest experience. We hope that you will join us again the next time you visit Napa Valley.

Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

We come to the Napa area a few times per year, and like to stay someplace new each time to try the different hotels in the area. I have to say, after this last trip and staying at Bardessono, I don't know that we will continue that tradition. I cannot say enough good things about this property. It is truly exceptional in every way. From the customer service, the rooms, the food, the spa/pool, the entire property and experience was top notch. I cant wait to return! My only complaint is that we had a ground floor room and could hear people above us walking around constantly. Next time we'll request a 2nd floor.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded February 28, 2017

Thank you for choosing Bardessono this time around for your trip to Napa Valley. I am thrilled to hear that we made such a great first impression on you with our personable service, dining at Lucy restaurant, our relaxing pool area and picturesque location. We look forward to welcoming you back again next time when we will be sure to find a room more suited to your preferences!