“United They Stand”

Bardessono
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 27, 2014

First and foremost my heart and sympathy goes out to ALL THE PEOPLE of downtown napa, the many areas within napa valley, yountville and any other area impacted by the unprecedented uncontrollable earthquake that occurred this past weekend while I was a guest here for the 6th time in 4 years and travelled across the country to do so. I only have reviewed once prior (see my 12/10/12) as I don't feel a review is needed unless there is something extraordinary positive or negative to mention and this time it is fully warranted

Let me make a few points clear:

1) The hotel and resort are 100% in aesthetically beautiful and physical shape as they have always been even after the magnitude of the earthquake and this is a testament to its construction etc

2) The operations were never discontinued except for a few hours Sunday. This is due to the selflessness and dedication and desire of the staff to delay their own personal disaster and recovery cleanup to come to the hotel at 4 AM and work tirelessly to take care of any cleanup and recovery needed in the kitchen and bar areas so that guests could have "complimentary" I might add breakfast of which I did not participate and operations were fully resumed by 430 PM that same day again after a monumental uncontrollable weather event. This clearly shows the efforts the staff from the gm on down will go to provide the best guest experience possible!!!

3) As I departed yesterday ALL the amazing restaurants in the nearby area are fully operational and all the amazing winery experiences to have are 100% and waiting for you to enjoy as much as I do

So in closing thanks to the entire BARDESSONO staff for their dedication to put the guest experience above all including their personal sacrifices made during such an uncontrollable weather event, and to all out there with "hesitation" or "doubt" about visiting I would immediately rest assured that BARDESSONO is one of the safest places and has one of the most dedicated group of staff members willing to ensure the best possible guest experience you could under any circumstance including uncontrollable weather as just shown to me

If you are able to you need to visit as soon as possible

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear Citizen860,

It would be silly to pretend I don't know who you are, but I do want readers to know that we didn't solicit this glowing review of our hotel and the difficult Sunday we experienced.

First, thank you for staying with us six times. But even greater thanks go to you for writing what you did above. Your account of "Earthquake Day" here is 100% accurate. Our staff continues to amaze me. We had more employees show up on Sunday that we had scheduled. They just want to ensure we were OK, and wanted to help clean up, despite having families at home and a massive cleanup effort themselves. I was so touched and will eternally be grateful. We will take care of our employees who experienced losses. That's for sure.

Until now, whenever I've written the word "Earth" it's been in the context of our environmentalism. Lately, I've written the word "Earthquake" a lot. Look forward to going back to dropping the "-quake" soon.

I'd ask you to come back, but I already know you are. Look forward to thanking you personally soon.

Best to you and your bride.

Your friends here.

Jim.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,337)

Reviewed August 26, 2014

We are a big fan of small luxury Hotel's and the Bardessono is one of the best we have ever had the pleasure to visit! We were looking to stay in Yountville due to the world class restaurants and the proximity to the great wineries. Below is a summary of the great aspects of this property:
-In the heart of Younville, so you can walk to all the best restaurants and many tasting rooms
-Very serene and zenlike setting, the property is gorgeous
-We booked a King-Spa suite and the room had a great bathroom, very private patio with mountain views, and very modern but comfortable decor
-Great food at the restaurants, we had an amazing room service breakfast on our patio
-Very cool rooftop Pool and Bar, great place to unwind after a long day of wine tasting
-Access to two Lexus vehicles complimentary to tour the countryside
-And last but not least, an amazing staff! The staff was extremely accommodating and very focused on making sure we had the best possible experience. James, Cali, Chris and Tom all provided great insight into the best wineries and restaurants to visit. We visited over the weekend of the big earthquake, and while a very scary experience for earthquake rookies like us, the staff handled the situation with grace and aplomb despite the fact that they all were dealing with damage to their homes.

The one final bit of advice, if you are staying at the Bardessono and intending to visit French Laundry, Bottega, Redd or Bouchon, you should reach out to the concierge staff well in advance of your visit to secure reservations as these are some of the best restaurants in the country and always booked up. That goes for the wineries as well. The staff will work with you remotely on a great itinerary.

You cannot go wrong with this property, we will definitely be back.

Dear jmq70,

What a great review. Thank you so much. We're delighted to read how much you enjoyed yourselves here. Not sure we'd call ourselves "hip", though. To some, that can imply "coolness with attitude". But we are contemporary and progressive, but with old fashioned hospitality, a fierce desire to please, and deep care and concern for the happiness of our guests.

I especially want to thank you for your sage advice. Yes. By all means, make your arrangements in advance, particularly restaurant reservations.

Warmest regards and much appreciate from all of us.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Enjoyed a 3 night stay recently. Could not be any happier. Great staff, always helpful and glad to assist. The room was amazing. We enjoyed dinner at Lucy one evening which was very good as well. Amazing property and grounds in a perfect location.

Can't wait to return, wouldn't change a thing.

Also, was at the hotel the night of the earthquake. A first for us and quite a way to wrap up an amazing trip.

Dear jb6179,

We're delighted to read about your experience here and that it was your "best trip ever". What a wakeup call early Sunday morning, though. The earthquake shook us all up, but by 5 p.m. that day we were cleaned up and it was business as usual.

Do come back....soon and often. I promise a wonderful (and uneventful) stay next time.

All best wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

We only used the spa, so this does not address the hotel or restaurants on the Bardessono property.

Two of us enjoyed two services each. The therapists were both professional and very good, and they were able to give us our both of our services without making us move rooms after the first service--a nice touch. The spa is small, so you almost get the feeling it's your private spa day. I've been to some of the biggies (Bellagio, Encore and Cosmopolitan in Vegas, others in Hawaii, Solage in Calistoga), and this is a very different feel. Small, quiet and relaxing.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Dear PucksterColorado,

Thank you for visiting our Spa. Glad you liked it. It is small, as we do most of our treatments in guestrooms, the bathrooms of which are designed as spa treatment rooms themselves.

Do come back, and spend a night or two with us next time.

Kindest regards from all of us at Bardessono.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Location is exceptional, the facilities are very nice and the service was great. Just about everything you could want is within walking distance from the property, including some of the best restaurants in Napa Valley.

We really enjoyed our stay here and would consider booking again with them. You could certainly save some money and pick a cheaper place in the Valley, but Bardessono is an exceptional choice.

2  Thank GCipIII
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear GCiplll,

What a nice endorsement of our hotel and its location in Yountville. Thank you so much. We're delighted you enjoyed yourselves here and recommended us to TripAdivor readers. Plus, you took a little of the "sting" away from the previous review, which really hurt. Thank you for that, too.

Do come back...soon and often.

Warmest regards from all of us at Bardessono.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

It's location in younteville can't be beat, but the knowledge of the staff and attention to detail are exceedingly poor! At these prices I'd expect a top notch staff. Book your own dinners don't rely on the concierge.

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank MsClay
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear MsClay,

Thank you for staying with us in July. I am so sorry we did (or didn't do) something to prompt this review. It's difficult to figure out why you thought our service was poor and attention to detail lacking. I assume the focus of your unhappiness about us was around our Concierges and the service they provide.

Please call me at 707.204.6001, my direct line, or email me at jim.treadway@bardessono.com. I'm hoping to learn more about your experience here and to make amends directly to you, rather than via this very public forum. Plus, your experience will be a great learning opportunity for us, to preclude other negative experiences by future guests.

The headline of your review mentions "service" and "location" - our two attributes of which we are most proud. We go to great lengths to ensure all our guests receive personal, anticipatory, thoughtful, and caring service. It's therefore difficult to read of our failure with respect to serving you, but helpful, nonetheless.

We hope you'll return thereby giving us another opportunity to serve you.

Kindest regards from all of us at Bardessono.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Loved this property. Highly recommend in Yountville.

Pros:
Great location for walking to restaurants and wine bars.
Gorgeous property.
Rooms were amazing. By far the best hotel room I have ever stay in. His and her sinks with great makeup lighting.
Helpful staff! They were happy to pull out bikes for us to take a short bike ride.

Cons:
I really cannot think of any! I loved everything!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelerAGG
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear TravelerACG,

What a nice review. Thank you. I must admit to a little trepidation when I saw the word "Cons", then being relieved that you didn't have any for us.

We appreciate your staying with us last December, and hope you'll return...soon and often.

Warmest regards from all of us at Bardessono.

Jim.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#4 of 6 in Yountville
SENZA Hotel
SENZA Hotel
#3 of 30 in Napa

Been to Bardessono? Share your experiences!