“Stay here!”

Bardessono
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 12, 2014

This hotel is incredible. From the minute we drove up we were treated like royalty. The grounds, rooms and service were all first rate. Several big-name famous people were staying there as well, which confirmed the reputation of this hotel that we'd heard so much about before booking. It didn't disappoint. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: August 2014
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear David,

Thanks so much for staying with us and posting this nice review. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated all we have to offer.

Nearly all of our guests are very accomplished and excellent at what they do and/or have done in life. Some are recognizable and "high profile" and the others equally successful, though not as widely known.

It's a privilege to serve all of our guests regardless of their status in the world, and we do our best for all, while protecting the privacy of those wishing to maintain a low profile.

Do come back...soon and often.

All the best from all of us at Bardessono.

Jim.

There are newer reviews for Bardessono

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

No need to write a long review. This place is great. Great location, great room, excellent service, and believe it or not a good value. Trust me, you get what you pay for plus some.

And a special thanks to concierge Calista. You did a great job rounding out our itinerary for my wife's and my delayed anniversary trip.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom W
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Tom W,

What a nice review - short and sweet. Thank you so much, and we really appreciate your staying with us.

I'm delighted to learn Concierge Cali (Calista) served you well. She's wonderful and we're fortunate to have her on our staff.

We hope to see you back here soon. It's our pleasure to serve you.

Kindest regards from your friends at Bardessono.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Although we travel quite a bit for work and fun, this is my first Tripadvisor review - and it is only because Bardessono is the most perfectly run hotel we have ever come across. From the moment you arrive, you are greeted warmly, offered a delicious glass of wine or non-alcoholic beverage, and treated like you are the only guest there. The grounds are beautiful - very relaxing and zen-like with water features and beautiful sculptures and greenery. The rooms are exactly as they are pictured on the website - lots of space, well thought out and very private. The private outdoor space is perfect for a cup of coffee or afternoon glass of wine. A small but again perfectly thought out fitness area - complete with everything you need for a quick workout - is outdoors and fits right in with the beautiful garden. The on-site restaurant Lucy has fresh and creative food and rivals any of the Michelin restaurants in town. But what makes Bardessono shine is the staff. From the front desk, to the concierge to the valets to the Lucy staff, everyone is friendly, thoughtful and ready to assist, with suggestions on bike routes for the brand new carbon fiber bikes you can borrow, where to go for dinner or where to golf. One morning, we called down for our car and when we arrived, we were told it would just be a few minutes. It turned out that we had forgotten to turn off our lights and the car battery had died. Rather than embarrass us, the valets quickly jumped the car battery, brought us the car, and only told us about it so that we would leave the car running to re-charge the battery. This kind of customer service is what sets Bardessono apart. We will be back.

2  Thank lovestotravel555
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Lovestotravel555,

What a nice review - so detailed and thorough. We are honored to be the subject of your very first on-line review and delighted that we inspired it.

You wrote so much about us and spoke a lot about which we are most proud - our staff and the service they deliver. And your other comment which resonates with us is that our website is an accurate reflection of us. In this day and age there are too many hotels and resorts where the gap between their websites and their reality is wide.

I'm sorry about the car battery mishap, and have a feeling it was our error, not yours, leaving the lights on. I'm glad we recovered quickly from it.

We hope you'll return soon. We really enjoyed serving you.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I travel extensively for my job, so I am familiar with how and what customer service is supposed to be . But what I experienced at my recent visit to Bardessono absolutely floored me. My gf and I only went to have a drink and appetizers. During our visit, the GM Jim Treadway, as well as the sales mgr Guy (don't know last name...sorry Guy/Roy/Ray) introduced themselves and we proceeded to learn more about the property. These gentleman made it seem as though my gf and I were the only guests there. But, the amazing part was that we observed they treated every other guest like that too. The servers were equally attentive and friendly...so thank you Nick and Jan. Great recommendations on both drinks. So while we didn't stay over night, we were sure glad we stopped in for the evening. After reviewing others thoughts on trip advisor, we understand that we were not alone in our observations. I would highly recommend this property to anyone traveling in the Napa area. We will absolutely go back.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sper12

Dear Sper12,

Thank you for coming to visit us. Next time, please spend a night or two. We enjoyed meeting you and your girlfriend, and really appreciate your nice recognition of Guy, Nick, and Jan - all wonderful people whom we are fortunate to have on our team.

Do come back...soon and often.

Kindest regards,

Jim (and Guy, Nick, and Jan).

Reviewed August 6, 2014

My husband and I recently got back from a 2 night stay at the Bardessono to celebrate our 10th anniversary. I cannot say enough about this hotel and our experience. The service is FLAWLESS. Everyone who works there is friendly, eager to help and attentive from the front-desk staff to the valets. Service is such a differentiating point among hotels (in my opinion) and the folks here are among the best making our stay a true pleasure. The grounds are also beautiful. It has a very relaxed and zen-like atmosphere which was perfect for a kid-free getaway. The room was terrific with lots of room to spread out and privacy from the other guests. The pool is fantastic and sits high up allowing an unobstructed view of the hills. We also loved that the hotel provides bikes free of charge so that you can ride around town or to some of the local vineyards. We also loved that the hotel was in downtown Yountville. It is such a cute town so it was great to just walk out from the hotel to all the local shops and restaurants. My husband and I are runners so we asked the concierge for a good local run and he gave us a great route that took us along some beautiful vineyards and farms. It was spectacular. I must admit that I am generally reluctant to spend this much on a hotel unless it's a special occasion but let me tell you - it is worth every penny! The experience is so wonderful and relaxing that I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any of my friends. I know that I will definitely be back. In fact, when we were checking I told the front desk attendant that when I got home I was going to write them the best Trip Advisor recommendation that had ever seen. Considering this is the first review I have EVER written, that should tell you something :)

3  Thank lcfcasey
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear lcfcasey,

I'm not so sure we're "Absolute perfection", but one thing I am sure of is your review above was "absolute perfection".

Wow. Perhaps the nicest review ever posted about us. Thank you so much. We're delighted you enjoyed yourselves here, and particularly appreciated our staff and the service they deliver. I'm really proud of our employees, and it so wonderful to see them recognized this positively.

Thanks, too, for highlighting our location within the Town of Yountville. Yountville is such a great little Village and right outside our front drive. Glad you enjoyed our bikes and we set you up with a good running route.

We hope you'll return...soon and often, and we really appreciate that your first ever on-line review was of us and glowing.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a wonderful getaway at Bardessono for our anniversary. The hotel was beautiful, our room was so comfortable and we had views of the hills from the balcony. Friday morning we woke to the view of over a dozen hot air balloons taking off just steps away. The very helpful concierge staff set up golf and wine activities for us. We took advantage of the complementary bikes, had in in-room spa service and dinner at Lucy -- all first class. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and welcoming -- we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meg R
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Meg R,

Happy belated anniversary and thank you for both staying with us and posting this complimentary review. We're delighted you enjoyed yourselves here and we took good care of you.

I do want to clarify one thing, though. Our downstairs rooms have private patios with no views whatsoever. Some of our upstairs rooms have views from their balconies, but some really don't. Demand for upstairs rooms vs. ground level rooms is evenly split. (Fortunately for us.) Most of the downstairs rooms have outdoor showers, in addition to indoor steam showers and tubs.

Thank you again and please come back soon.

Jim..

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Although in the heart of Yountville and a step outside to lots of famous eateries, Bardessono seems a world away and incredibly private/secluded. On arriving from a wine tasting, we were (genuinely) greeted like old friends and made to feel like nothing was too much trouble, with the manager, Jim Treadway also greeting us personally, even though we were only staying for one night.

The setting was very tranquil and we really enjoyed the pool and bar. The room and patio was very well designed, with lots of modern/attractive features, including a lovely fireplace and the bathroom was huge.

Guests were also provided with ipads with useful information about the hotel and for internet access - unfortunately, ours slipped off the wooden ledge it was on (while we were out of the room!) and I always think that a sign of a quality hotel is how they deal with any difficulties.

Upon informing the front desk, they immediately offered to sort out and clear up some of the glass as the screen had cracked and dealt with the issue really well.

The hotel were also happy to book us in at one of the many restaurants nearby and drop us off in the hotel car. We'll definitely be returning and only wish we could have stayed longer!

1  Thank birminghamtravelbug

Dear Birminghamtravel(er),

What a nice review. Thank you so much. So glad you enjoyed your stay here, and I'm glad I got to meet you when you arrived. I try to greet as many guests as I can, but I'm often chained to my computer like many of us in management roles. In the old days, we general managers were much more visible and accessible to guests and employees alike....

You'll be pleased to know that we have now purchased durable covers for our iPads. Yours was not the first to have been broken.

Please return....soon and often. You were a delight to serve.

All best wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

Jim.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
Andaz Napa
Andaz Napa
#4 of 30 in Napa
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer

Been to Bardessono? Share your experiences!