Bardessono
$525
North Block Hotel(Yountville)
$590
$250
Napa Valley Railway Inn(Yountville)(Great Value!)
$275
Hotels.com
Petit Logis Inn(Yountville)
TripAdvisor
1,361 results
All reviewsoutdoor showerrooftop poollucy restauranthigh techleed platinumglass of winenapa valleyroom massagesfrench laundrywine countrywater featuresbouchon bakerywalking distancethe entire staffcar serviceluxury hotelcouples massage
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The resort has a friendly warm atmosphere in a modern facility! The staff is so nice and helpful and ready to meet your every need! You can borrow a car for a few hours and tour the area or you can borrow a bike for an all day excursion (remember to ask for a helmet)! What a great place to come with your friends or significant other!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are great! We had a corner room that had an outdoor tub and shower. Very quiet even though it was near the bar area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle V
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Michelle V,

So glad you stayed with us, enjoyed yourselves, and posted this nice review. You took advantage of our "loaner" Lexuses and bikes, which can really enhance the Napa Valley experience at Bardessono.

For readers of this review, please know that we only have very few rooms with outdoor tubs, and that to take out one of our cars, Lexus requires a valid U.S. driver's license.

Do come back...soon and often. We really enjoyed serving you, as we do all our guest.

Warm regards from your friends at Bardessono.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We went to this hotel for our mini moon for 3 days and it was fabulous! We were welcomed with wine, champagne, chocolates and they even gave us an appetizer on the house at the Lucy restaurant! The food is very fresh and delicious, all their ingredients are locally grown. Their concierge service was top notch and the staff is extremely knowledgable in regards to wineries, restaurants and activities. They made the reservations for us and it made the trip easy and relaxing. The hotel manager even came by to welcome us on the way to our room. It was such a pleasant experience I cannot wait to visit again for our anniversary!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear SJ0405,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this wonderful review. We're delighted you enjoyed yourselves here. Your kind words about our restaurant, Lucy, and our Concierge team are deeply appreciated, too.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your anniversary. It is such a pleasure to serve our gracious and appreciative guests.

All the best from all of us at Bardessono.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed here during a long weekend with my family. The hotel is in a great location - tons of restaurants, shops, etc are within easy walking distance. It's definitely luxe; the staff at the hotel were very nice and accommodating, easy valet system, beautifully maintained landscaping.
The rooms are very modern, so are not to everyone's liking - concrete floors, minimal and sleek decor, grate-like window shades. I was happy for their commitment to energy conservation, but I found the room a bit cold and clinical (that is totally subjective as it's not my style - for those who love modern furnishings this will be right up your alley!). I did like the double sided gas fireplace that you can see from both the sitting area and bed, as it helped to add a bit of warmth to the ambiance. I really liked the bathroom, too. Wood floors, large for two people to move about, his and hers sinks, great shower with steamer.
We did notice that a security camera cover was visible from our room. This made us uncomfortable and we notified the front desk. The manager on duty was great and invited us into their office to see the camera and to see that it's fixed on a point in the back of the hotel, but the cover they have for it makes it appear that it can move and look into our room. We appreciated her taking the time to show us and explain everything to us, and we hope they have since changed the security camera cover so that it doesn't look like it has access to a guest room.
We ate breakfast at the hotel one morning, which was good but pricey. A little set up of coffee, tea, and snacks (fruit, bars, etc) were free, so I recommend doing that, or better yet popping over to Bouchon for pastries instead.
They don't have a separate spa, but services are available and are done in your room. We had massages, and my husband said his was one of the best he'd ever had!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Emily W
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Emily W,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this nice review. I'm sorry, though, that we didn't earn five "circles" from you.

Two things that I'd like to clarify....none of our security cameras invades guest privacy. They are all about security, fire, and life safety. Secondly, we do have a free-standing spa with four treatment rooms for those who prefer not to have in-room treatments, which represents about 20% of our guests. We also do some local business in our spa unrelated to hotel guests.

We hope you otherwise enjoyed your stay and will return soon and often. There are several direct flights from Anchorage in to SFO and Oakland, as you know. (I'm a huge fan of Alaska Airlines....)

All good wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed April 3-6th in suite 101, a Tufa suite, which is the largest type. It is not a one bedroom suite as I expected with a door between the bedroom and living room, so beware, it is separated by a see thru fireplace. So, if one person is up in the middle of the night working on a computer, the other person will be awake as well. The only other item, they could improve upon is to put coffee and tea makers in each room. Sort of a pain to walk to the bar area and get a cup of coffee in your bathrobe. Besides those two minor issues, expect a sleek contemporary hotel with all the bells and whistles. Pretty grounds, great staff and the massage at the spa was terrific!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Alex3485,

We really appreciate you staying with us and posting this review. I'm sorry we ranked only very, very good and not great in your view. Obviously, we aspire to be world-class in every respect.

With regard to in-room coffee and tea, we choose not to provide this due to its negative impact on the environment. We do have coffee machines available upon request, and we do offer free coffee, tea, and pastries at the Bar every morning.

We do hope you'll return, and we'll have a coffeemaker in your room upon arrival.

All best wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I really hate to write a review like this as it is all subjective based on my tastes. I thought the hotel was very lovely. It had all the amenities you could possibly need like onsite restaurant, free car usage, restaurant pick up service, location was near all the great restaurants in town, spa amenities onsite, pool, huge rooms with HUGE bathrooms, onsite concierge, small gym, etc... Everything was very lovely about the hotel including the staff. Everyone was very nice. The valet service was nice and prompt. We arrived and were offered a glass of wine while we checked in. The front desk staff person walked us around the hotel pointing out all the amenities. Our room was beautiful and we were shown how to use all the switches for the lights and shades. The bathroom was amazing. We had a bottom floor room which included the outdoor shower. The other bathroom features were a shower steamer plus two showers one inside and one outside, a huge bathtub with jets, two separate sink areas, and in room massage services. We did not take advantage of the in room spa services. The room was very big and had nice features like a gas fire place and outdoor seating. The closet was nice as it came with basically his and her closets. They provided slippers and shower soaps like body wash, shampoo and conditioner. We were given a small bottle of champagne as we were celebrating our anniversary. They had free water that was bottled in what looked like old fashion milk bottles. They also, gave us chocolate every night as well as when we arrived. They have a selection of snacks and beverages available for purchase. They also have bath products that you can purchase as well. They also provided pastries/muffins and coffee/tea in the morning but we didn’t not take advantage of. The hotel is green which you could tell in their landscaping design. It was definitely water efficient. They used energy efficient lighting throughout the property. However, I wasn’t impressed with several things. One was the fact that we ate breakfast at the restaurant. You can get tea for free at the bar with pastries. At the restaurant they charged us $6 a piece for tea. As a hotel guest I thought that was a bit steep. The prices were definitely double compared to a restaurant across the street. Second, I did not feel the outdoor shower was private. I loved the idea when I read about it online but it didn’t feel private. There were two walkways above us as well as a stairwell. You’d have to be super noisy to look through the boards but you could see. If I can see someone’s head walking they can see me. So, I was a bit disappointed. They did have shades for the shower and bathtub so, you had privacy there. Finally, I didn’t love the décor. It is very clean and sleek with a modern style. I wasn’t fond of the cement buildings, etc… It didn’t have a warm feeling to the place. I was expecting a more romantic type of place and I didn’t feel it with the décor. You could not dim the lights in the place. I felt like the huge shades coming down to cover your windows was a bit industrial. So, I didn’t love it. Also, the outside patio had huge cement walls around it as we were on the ground floor. But I can see how others would love this style. But as I stated in the beginning this is just my opinion. I know some people would love this type of décor.

Room Tip: I believe most of the ground floor room have outdoor showers. There are no views from the room so, I don't think you could go wrong with any room on the first floor. The 2nd floor rooms would probably have a better views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Disneyfreak67

Dear Disneyfreak67,

Thank you so much for staying with us and posting this very thoughtful and detailed review. You're right. We don't appeal to everybody. Our design is sleek, a bit minimalist, and quite representative contemporary architecture and interior design. We've been called Zen-like, a subtle reference to Japanese modern luxury rural resort style. And clearly, our environmentalism impacted a lot of our design - like the exterior window shades.

You spent a lot of time and effort writing this review, for which we thank you. And it will be very helpful to others planning to come our way.

Warmest regards from all of us at Bardessono.