“Worth every penny!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Staying at the Bardessono was a bit of a splurge for us, but we decided to make the most of our short weekend in Napa. In short, this was the most luxurious hotel experience I have ever had. From the moment you arrive, the attention to detail and customized service is evident (they had even prepared an area in the room for our dog). The property is beautiful, the location is convenient, the restaurant is superb, and the accommodations are finer than the best business hotels. (The super eco-friendly decor in the room felt a little "cold," but I recognize that is entirely a matter of personal taste.)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael P
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Michael P,

We're so glad you stayed with us and enjoyed yourselves. Thank you. And I really appreciate your "headline" - "Worth every penny". It speaks nicely to our value proposition here.

Glad we made you three comfortable. Do come back, soon and often.

Warmest regards from all of us at Bardessono.

Jim.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed here twice .......
1) Great location. One block from the main street of Yountville. Less than two min away to the HWY.
2) Easy parking. Either valet park or find street parking nearby.
3) Convenient. Walk to the heart of Yountville where many restaurants and cafe nearby.
4) Beautiful room/decor. Its the primary reason why I chose to return. Clean line, comfortable setting, beautiful layout. Quiet. Roomy. High quality furniture. Can be very private by choice. Hotel property is nicely designed.
5) Service - so so. Friendly but I did not feel the enthusiasm which I usually found in Four Season, Intercontinental Peninsular, and Grand Hyatt. For better words, the staffs are rather indifferent or cool.
6) In house restaurant - lack of favor. This is my only complaint. Open flow design and service is again just alright. Had three dinning chances but none was positive. The standard of the restaurant is NOT aligned with the quality of the room. With many fantastic restaurants within walking distance, I could not afford to waste my time when we are in town. Need to step up and to be competitive. Customers who can afford to stay here obviously can afford a very fancy dinner/lunch somewhere.
I will return again and I always recommend this almost perfect hotel to folks who can afford staying at this property.

Room Tip: Corner suite with private balcony away from the main entrance.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SL65-Cora
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear SL65-Cora,

Thank you for staying with us twice. We really appreciate your friendship and repeat business. Thank you, too, for your balanced and thoughtful opinion of us. It's very helpful to have this feedback from a repeat guests.

What I'm about to say is going to sound a bit defensive....because it is...

Our service is not perfect, but it's very good. The one criticism we have never received is about being less-than-enthusiastic. This one really surprised me, because the vast majority of input we get from former guests is all about how warm, friendly, and enthusiastic our staff is.

Your comment about our restaurant, Lucy, is indicative of how subjective food quality is. If you look at Lucy on TripAdvisor, you'll see how well it stacks up against the other 20+ restaurants in Yountville. But it's true - not everybody loves our food, ambience, and service. But fortunately for us, most do.

Forgive me for being so defensive, but this review was troubling. I just don't think it's representative of who we are, how well we serve our guests, and our food quality.

Please come back for a third stay. I'd enjoy welcoming you in person and doing my best to ensure we do a better job for you next time.

All best wishes and with much appreciation from your friends at Bardessono.

Palm Springs, California
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I recently stayed at the Bardessono and had a wonderful, wonderful time. The grounds are beautiful and perfectly located for touring the town.

The room was AMAZING. It was so spacious with each room opening to a private courtyard and outdoor shower. The bathroom was HUGE and had a wonderful large jetted tub and separate steam spa shower. Wow!!! A lot of time was spent relaxing in there :)

The food was delicious! The chef was very accommodating in creating gluten free dishes for me. Thank you!!

I loved all the environmentally friendly practices used at the hotel. I truly appreciate all your dedication to that.

I had a most wonderful vacation. Thank you Bardessono staff for your wonderful service. You have a true gem there. I hope to be back someday.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank gf_travelers1
Dear gf_travelers1,

Thank you for this wonderful review and for staying with us. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and appreciated our location and town.

You said so many nice things about us. Thank you. I'm very proud of our food, our staff, and our facility.

Not all of our guests appreciate what we do for the environment. Our guest leave half the carbon footprint behind compared to our competitors. It's nice to be so positively recognized for our "greenness".

We hope you'll return...soon and often.

Warmest regards from all of us at Bardessono.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had a lovely stay at the Bardessono in late March. We were welcomed very warmly and after a long drive it was a relief to arrive at this lovely retreat. We were shown to our spacious suite by a friendly attendant (we received a complimentary upgrade to the steam shower suite) and we were immediately impressed by the cleanliness and appeal of this large room. My husband really enjoyed the outdoor shower and the tub was divine. Having spa treatments in our room was a real treat. I rate the masseuse that I was treated by among the best in the world - and I am an experienced spa traveler. Would have been nice to have a coffeemaker in the room - but we appreciated the coffee at the bar. Lovely restaurant and lovely bar. Nice location within walking distance of all the restaurants in this lovely town. Concierge was very helpful in arranging tastings. I would definitely stay again.

Green Features: We did not notice any difference from a regular hotel, so Bardessono has obviously done the great job of integrating this seamlessly
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KristinT2
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear KristinT2,

Thank you for this glowing review. You described us well in your headline. That's exactly what we are.

With respect to in-room coffeemakers, they are environmentally unfriendly, so we don't put them in every room. We do have several available upon request, and encourage anyone reserving a room with us to ask for one to be in their room upon arrival.

Do come back. We really enjoyed serving you.

Warmest regards.

Switzerland
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Best hotel in Napa for many reasons , firstly the situation but otherwise good restaurant wonderful spacious rooms kind attentive service best base in Napa can not fault it .

Like the fact also one is easily able to walk in The charming town straight out of the hotel which when you are staying there gives you the feeling you are away from everything .

First choice for anyone visiting this gorgeous region of the USA

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JonathonSwitzerland
Dear Jonathon,

What a lovely review. Switzerland has some of the best hotels in the world, so this is high praise, indeed, from someone from that part of the world.

You mentioned our attributes. Thank you. Our location, rooms, ambience, restaurant, and staff are second to none. Perhaps I should say 'hard to beat', That sounds less grandiose....

We hope we'll see you again here one day, and so appreciate your patronage.

All best wishes from all of us at Bardessono.

Jim..
San Mateo, California
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We usually stay at The Carneros Inn, but my husband wanted to try another hotel and he booked Bardessono in Yountville. The gentleman that greeted and showed us the property was outstanding! The room was very spacious and clean. We loved the steam shower. It was a superb experience from beginning to end. We also love the location, it's walking distance to many great restaurants. So we're going back there next week! Can't wait! :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joy W
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Joy W,

What a nice review. Thank you. We're glad you gave us a try and experienced our service here. There are lots of wonderful luxury hotels here in the Valley, and we try to differentiate ourselves with our service, location, and extraordinary ambience. We also appeal to those with a strong environmental conscience due to our LEED platinum certification.

So glad you're retuning next week. Please ask for me. Would welcome the opportunity to thank you in person.

Warmest regards.

Massachusetts
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We just finished 4 nights here and had a terrific experience. The hotel is within walking distance to virtually all of the great restaurants in Yountville & is an easy drive to the rest of Napa Valley. The room was large and had a nice, private outdoor sitting area (& shower.) The weather wasn't conducive to either, but it would be great on a nice warm day. The staff were very friendly & helpful (even going as far as to "dumpster dive" for a cork from a wine bottle we had left in the room (we save them on special occasions and this was from my wife's birthday...) The bartender, valet guys & front desk staff were also terrific. I'm really happy we stayed here and would certainly do so again on future trips to Napa Valley.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jeremiah L,

Thank you for this very nice review, and for staying with us for four nights. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves here and appreciate your kind words.

Gabby, who retrieved the cork from a re-cycling bin, went above and beyond. You are so nice to recognize her so positively.

We hope you'll be back.

All the best from all of us at Bardessono.

Jim.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
Andaz Napa
Andaz Napa
#4 of 30 in Napa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,924 reviews

Been to Bardessono? Share your experiences!