Bardessono
$600
Orbitz.com
$525
$250
Napa Valley Railway Inn(Yountville)(Great Value!)
$275
$309
Petit Logis Inn(Yountville)(Great Value!)
$229
$311
Rancho Caymus Inn(Rutherford)
$445
$432
Hotels.com
1,361 results
All reviewsoutdoor showerrooftop poollucy restauranthigh techleed platinumglass of winenapa valleyroom massagesfrench laundrywine countrywater featuresbouchon bakerywalking distancethe entire staffcar serviceluxury hotelcouples massage
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed at the Bardessono while in Napa. What a beautiful room,very very clean, quiet, peaceful, earth friendly, architecturally stunning with organic products for your use. Service was impeccable. Employees made everything easy, they went out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The food was amazing also at Lucy (the hotel's restaurant). When we vacation, we typically stay at 4-5 star resorts and pleasantly this has turned out to be one of my all time favorites. One thing we noticed was how quiet the rooms are...you truly feel like you are in a house. The steam shower and HUGE bathtub was the bonus! The cost was in line with a hotel that would be of this caliber in other locations, not cheap, but worth it ! Its was easy to walk to all the local shops/restaurants/ and some of the wine tastings. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear JonandM,

You're so nice to post this very favorable review. Thank you, and thank you for staying with us. Bedford N.H. is not exactly around the corner from us.

We're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the convenience of our location. I also appreciate your wonderful praise for our staff and the service they deliver.

Do come back...soon and often.

All the best from all of us at Bardessono.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We've had the pleasure of staying in various accommodations in Napa Valley. We were regulars at another property, but I chose to try something new on this visit, and boy am I happy I did. The service to an individual was exceptional from the time we arrived, until we depart.

Yountville is pretty centrally located to anywhere you'd like to go. Food and wine made this town, and the town has exploded with world class restaurant. If you choose to dine in any location in Yountville the Barbessona provides car service. You can even test drive the latest Lexus vehicle for up to 4 hours, or they have bike for you to get around on.

Our room was modern and very well appointed. Some might say the decor is too modern for some taste but it the Bardessono level of appointment which really matters. The bathrooms are large and will even allow for private in-room massages, in this tranquil space. My wife took advantage of the soaking tube every day. It was too cold to use of the outdoor shower or the private patio but it would be nice to try it in good weather. There is so much to take advantage of on this property that you can find a suitable room and be happy with any room you choose.

Bottom line in any business is the people, and Bardessono has some of the best!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear zigzagzap,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this thoughtful review. I'm so sorry, though, that your trip coincided with a cold snap here. Usually our outdoor showers are enjoyable year round.

Your kind words about our staff and convenient location are also appreciated. And you're right. Our ambience is contemporary; and for those looking for traditional old world luxury, we might not be a good fit.

We hope you'll return, perhaps in warmer weather next time.

Warmest regards.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

If you require 'perfection' in lodging, service and destination for your vacation then you will not be disappointed with the Bardessono! Absolutely everything was perfect and greatly exceeded our expectations on every level. The property itself is visually and aesthetically stunning.

Its modern architecture and landscaping blends in nicely with the quaint town of Yountsville. From the moment that we entered the property our blood pressure, heart rate and anxiety plummetted to the 'Zen' state, for which the Bardessono so expertly creates in every way. The check-in was uneventful- even pleasant. Immediately we felt like we were visiting old friends who were happily awaiting our arrival. They even determined that we had visited their sister property in Seattle a few years ago and kindly acknowledged our return with a scrumptous bottle of wine in our room. Nice touch! They provided a brief orientation tour, showed us to our rooms and quickly demonstrated how to work the high-tech features. We were happy, settled in our room and quite comfortable within 20 mins of our arrival.

The staff are extremely helpful and very knowledgeable about the stores, shops, activities and tasting rooms in Yountville and beyond. As guests and with their kind insistence, you can share their reputation as 'a friendly neighbor and good citizen'. They will tell you to mention their name and/or the specific name of a Bardessono staff member and you willl always get extra consideration by local merchants and regional wineries. As their guests you literally are treated as royalty throughout Yountville and surrounding towns.

Our room and the overall hotel design/decor would be considered minimalist, modern and green...and also spectacular! These styles are not typically my favorite but here they are expertly combined in a way that provides soothing comfort to its guests. Even the food, service, common areas and facilities were perfectly themed, timed and delivered to enusre our complete 'Zen-ness'. Being 'green' was not an inconvenience nor was it overt as other hotels/resorts may practice it, it is simply a part of who they are, what they do and how they do it every day and in every way- and it has only a positive impact to their guests.

I do not think that we have ever had a more relaxing or enjoyable 3 day getway.

Thank you Bardessono for a truly perfect getaway. We will be back soon!

Room Tip: Go for the Tufa Suite- lots of deals for this room type on the luxury discount travel website- it's worth the indulgence!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Message4Melanie
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Message4Melanie,

This is such a nice and thorough review. Thank you so much. You wrote about our staff a lot, and the very caring and personalized service they deliver. I can't talk about them enough myself. I'm so proud of each and every one of them.

Every good hotel I know claims to offer service better than their competitors. And so do we, of course. It's surveys like yours that, although anecdotal, validate our belief.

I'm so glad you stayed here, and equally glad that you stayed at one of our sibling hotels in Seattle - Hotel 1000, Sorrento Hotel, and Willows Lodge in Woodinville - all excellent hotels (and not as pricey as we are.)

Please return soon and often.

All the best from all of us at Bardessono.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We have stayed in some pretty fantastic properties in our international travels, including Aman resorts, Banyan Tree, and Oberioi hotels. Bardesonno is on a par with any of them and is, frankly, the best hotel we have ever enjoyed in the US. That is not hyperbole or exaggeration.

All of its attributes are even more outstanding in the context of the understated way in which they are presented. The architecture is uncluttered and even minimalist. There is a zen-like quality to the layout, courtyards, and walkways, with perfectly designed water features to engender a contemplative and restful (and attractive) environment. It works on every level.

We reserved a king spa suite because we intended to have a less active itinerary on this trip and get some downtime on the property. The pictures on the website do not do justice to how well designed and decorated the room was, in the same contemporary, minimalist style but with a warm and comfortable feel. It’s a real trick to pull that combination off, and Bardesonno does it well – helped by the gas fireplace in the bedroom area. It is one of only two LEED Platinum certified hotels (which my wife says is a VERY big deal), but the features that qualify it are done unobtrusively , clearly making the case that environmental sensitivity does not have to come at the cost of beauty or function. I loved the power shades on the floor to ceiling window.

Housekeeping deserves a shout-out. Our room was always cleaned by the time we returned from our activities for the day (no matter how early) and turndown service was always completed by the time we got back from dinner. It was as if they were keeping track of our whereabouts and scheduling accordingly. And this was not just a quick swipe and re-make the bed. It was a thorough cleaning, caringly done. Even our shoes were placed on shelves beneath our suitcases, and the stuff we had on the counters was neatened.

Housekeeping was typical of the level of service provided – both in the nature of the service and in the attitude with which it is delivered. There was no encounter with a staff member that was not pleasant. There seemed to be a genuine interest in anticipating and meeting every need, done graciously. By way of illustration, we were on our way out for the day when I printed a document on the lobby printer that I needed to review later. I asked the person at the desk if it could be held there to be picked up on my return. She immediately offered to have it delivered to the room for me. OK, maybe that is to be expected at a 5-star hotel, but it was done in a way that clearly delivered the message that the staff was there to make ALL aspects of the stay the best it could be.

That attitude was pervasive: the desk staff, the parking lot guys, the drivers, the wait staff at Lucy, housekeeping, everyone. Kudos to management for creating and encouraging such a consistent and positive culture.

Even in the nature of the services, Bardesonno stands out. It provided complimentary transportation in a Lexus sedan to dinner at any of the Yountville restaurants, which is a pretty helpful feature when wine plays such a large part in a dining experience.

We had friends meet us at the hotel for an all-day winery tour, and they received the same valet service that we got as guests – at no charge for parking. How many hotels would see that scenario as an opportunity to generate additional revenue? What a treat not to be nickeled and dimed at every turn.

But perhaps the best example of this property’s interest in pleasing (which goes way beyond satisfying) its guests was in the two computers provided in the lobby for guest use. One was a PC; the other was a Mac. We were told that there was one of each because many guests prefer one platform to the other. How many hotels even think about guest preferences at that level?

I am delighted to recommend Bardesonno without hesitation or reservation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Hamilton6,

Wow. What can we say...other than a huge "thank you" for this wonderfully detailed and articulately written review. You touched on everything here of which we are proud. Thank you.

On a personal note, my father's family was all from Williamstown, while I grew up in Sturbridge and Boston. He and his father had a branded hotel management company called Treadway Inns, and its origin was Williamstown. I have many fond memories of your great town and have a cousin, Bill Stinson, still living there. The generation ahead of me in our family is all buried there.

But I digress.....

Do come back, soon and often. It would be great to meet you in person.

All the best.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We spent three nights for my husband's 50th birthday. I planned the trip and while I admit it was hard to push the button on the total amount, once we got there, I never regretted it. This vacation was one in which we really did use the room and the amenities (as opposed to, say, our ski vacations where we are out the door at 8am and back to change and out again to eat, only to fall into to bed exhausted). For that reason, it didn't seem like a waste of money to splurge on an awesome hotel. In Napa we enjoyed our mornings, went out for some activity and came back to our room in the afternoon to read, lay by the pool, and just enjoy the whole experience.

We ate at Lucy and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff was perfect. One thing I was extremely happy about was that -- while upscale for sure -- the vibe is not at all snooty or stiff. Just very, very cool. Everything (and everyone) was simply wonderful.

The other super important thing (which I did not realize until we were there) was the LOCATION. The other spot I was strongly considering was the Carneros Inn Cottages and I was SO GLAD we were right in town and able to walk to all our dinner spots. It was a magical long weekend.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor in order to enjoy the outdoor shower and tub (both were so ridiculously awesome I can't explain it). Highly recommend the upgrade to a ground floor room with private patio.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear jenmenke,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this detailed and thoughtful review And happy belated 50th to your husband.

Your headline fits us well - "Spendy, but worth it." We encourage our guests to spend as much time on property and in their rooms as they do off property. The full value of Bardessono is received this way.

We appreciate your very kind words about our location, facilities, and, most of all, staff. And we're glad you enjoyed Lucy, too.

We hope you'll be back soon. It's cold here now, but nowhere near as cold as Minnesota.

Warmest regards from all of us at Bardessono.