My partner and I had been planning a trip to Napa for our anniversary and decided to stay in Yountville after landing reservations at French Laundry (amazing, by the way!!) and reading a bit more about the town it was located in. During our planning we lucked by a 'romantic getaway' ranking list on tripadvisor and it actually had Bardessono/Yountville on there. We figured it was kismet, read a few reviews and booked.
What a fantastic decision!
To say the service was top-notch is an understatement. Yes, the premises are beautiful-- yountville is a beautiful little town and Bardessono is just as beautiful. We were staying the weekend leading up to Thanksgiving and had originally booked a return flight home on Tuesday. About 30 minutes into our check-in, we called the airline and changed our flight back to Wednesday evening just to extend our stay! This was just based on the first impressions.
We were not disappointed. My partner caught a cold during our stay (we are Floridians and the cold weather was bound to catch up to us). I thought it would be nice to get her some soup via room service, but there wasn't any chicken soup on the menu. When I asked about the soup of the day on the menu, and mentioned her being sick, the attendant on the phone told us not to worry and that he would check with the Chef to see if something could be done about a chicken soup. Ten minutes later, we had a delicious, special-made chicken soup in our room with an thermos with some extra broth!! This was the most memorable, but not the only by far, amazing customer service moment we experienced.
The food at Lucy's (and therefore room service)? Amazing and delicious. Comfortable, beautiful Lexus cars and friendly drivers to chauffeur you around to your Yountville or more destinations? Check. Someone to come to your room and help pack a box of all those wines you bought on your wine tour (oh dear and you will) and ship it home for you? Check. The list goes on and on.
One thing to add: while we had read all about the 'in room' spa treatments, we hadn't really been particularly crazy one way or another about it (we have stayed in a number of places with this option). However, this too was perfect and a lot of fun.
It was too cold for us to want to use the pool, but it was beautiful enough to tempt us to come back when the climate is a bit more Floridian-friendly. Everything and anything else was outstanding!
Thank you so much, Bardessono & Lucy staff! You made our anniversary unforgettable!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Green, luxurious and peaceful, Bardessono is a Napa Valley hotel and spa experience unlike any other. Nestled in the heart of Yountville, California our hotel is exceptional by nature. We offer a mindful approach to living the good life and provide a meaningful exchange between the traveler and the host. Our pledge is to care for an uncommon set of priorities in order to create a connected and insightful experience of our guests. Our menu at Lucy Restaurant and Bar offers "field-to-fork" garden-inspired cuisine and spirited libations. Our spa treatments are designed around the needs of the season. Let your story unfold, one indulgence at a time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bardessono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bardessono Hotel Yountville
- Bardessono Yountville, Napa Valley, CA