Bardessono
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$575
$383
Travelocity
$161
HotelIndigo.com
Napa Winery Inn(Napa)(Great Value!)
$225
$189
Hilton Garden Inn Napa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$184
$167
Hotels.com
1,354 results
All reviewsoutdoor showerrooftop poollucy restauranthigh techleed platinumglass of winenapa valleyroom massagesfrench laundrywine countrywater featuresbouchon bakerywalking distancethe entire staffcar serviceluxury hotelcouples massage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2013

You won't be disappointed in the Bardessono. The rooms are beautifully designed with a sense of peace about them. Everything you need is well thought out for you. The staff was so friendly and welcoming...we felt right at home. Lucy's was a great place to eat with interesting menu items and seemed very reasonably priced for what you got! Loved the glass water bottles with a slice of lemon or lime in your room - waiting for you. The design and layout of the hotel are so pleasing and relaxing. We would highly recommend a visit to the Bardessono. It is also a great location - close to many wineries and located in Yountville which had nice restaurants with in walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Jeannefa,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this wonderful review.

We're delighted you enjoyed your stay here and recommend us highly. You mention above our key attributes - staff and service, location, attention to detail, Lucy, our restaurant, and our relaxed, peaceful ambience.

We do hope you'll return soon. It was our pleasure to have served you.

Warmest regards from all of us at Bardessono.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We just returned from our second stay at Bardessono. We fell in love with the place a year ago and loved it every bit as much this year.

The rooms are so clean, peaceful and comfortable and the service is so warm and friendly, yet unpretentious. Harris (concierge) did a fantastic job of recommending vineyards for us and setting up wine tastings at some very special places. He was very warm and charming. We also enjoyed Dillon (server) in their restaurant Lucy (see separate review of the restaurant). He is always so friendly and kind. The food at the hotel is truly wonderful, whether it's room service (which is very prompt) or dining at Lucy.

The location is perfection - right in the center of Yountville and within walking distance to the famous restaurants and wonderful shops - yet so peaceful and quiet. They have wonderful bicycles that you can use (free of charge) for exploring the area. We didn't use the bicycles this year but we enjoyed them last year. I highly recommend that. The work-out area is this lovely little open air "room" that overlooks the stunning vegetable garden. Though there are only limited exercise machines, it was worth waiting to use the equipment just because it's such a pretty space.

Bardessono has become a home away from home that we look forward to returning to each September!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Melody5,

What a nice review. Thank you. And thank you for your loyalty, friendship, and support. We are grateful for your repeat business.

You mentioned so many of the things of which we are proud here. Service, bicycles, our location, the new little Fitness Deck we built, and Lucy, our restaurant.

All of look forward to seeing you next September.

Best.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel was awesome. When we arrived they had a lovely white wine waiting for us. The pool was really nice and relaxing (especially the comfortable floaties they had at to float around on). The room itself was gorgeous with an amazing shower. Also they provided you with bottled water which they distill and bottle themselves on the premises. We used the courtesy car and borrowed the bikes as well. The only small complaint is that the courtesy car would not take us 1 mile out of their "zone" one night even though all of the courtesy cars (there are about 3 or 4) were not being used and we had to spend $100 on a cab to get to a restaurant which was about a 12 minute drive away. The spa was really nice as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Karen P,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this balanced review of your stay here.

I'm sorry about your disappointment with our courtesy car radius restrictions. We really should have made an exception for you, but our relationship with Lexus, which provides our four Lexus Hybrid vehicles, is quite specific about where and where not they can go. We have two cars we loan to guests, and the other two are shuttles. The two loaner cars can go anywhere for up to a maximum of four hours; the shuttles are supposed to stay within Greater Yountville.

It looks like you otherwise had a wonderful stay here; and we do hope you'll return, soon and often.

All the best,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We found the hotel a great, relaxing sanctuary, wih great rooms, and huge bathrooms. We had booked a two double bedded room (via Splendida) but turns out they had wrong price on their website for this. This was clearly an issue between the hotel and one of their advertising sites but they did honour the price offered, in advance so all went smoothly. The staff side were suberb and could not to enough to help. There is a general calmness throughout the hotel, with one exception, more later. Breakfasts were excellent with complimentary coffee and buns from early in the morning (nice as we were traveling from the UK and thus jet lagged, waking up early.

2 issues, one may be related to the environmental friendly nature, but we were too warm at night with the lowest air con temp 65F. Mainatenance looked at it but said this was the lowest temp.

My main issue which did ruin my stay totally was the pool side. On my first trip up after a day cycling, I went up around 4pm. At first it seeemed like an oasis of calm. Then an extremely loud guest started talking to a couple who were just relaxing the the pool. He stood on the side non stop chattering about this and that, including all his mega business deals, and was so loud it was impossible to relax. The pool area is not huge so there was no escaping the noise. I asked if he could tone it down to which he sent me over a volley of verbal abuse. I said nothing more so as not to escalate the issue. He swore at me using vulgar language. I have never experienced anything like this. A restaurant manager was called by the pool attendant, but having spoken to me and apologised, he then went to the man who continued to attack, and forced the manager to say he was asking us both to stay quiet. I had done nothing other than ask this bully to tone down his voice as everyone was trying to relax. He was a truly revolting person. The girl who does the spa rang our room to ask if I would like a complimentary spa (i was in the bathroom and my partner took the call, but said she was apologetic). I would have liked a hotel manager to have made contact but nothing happpened. Sadly this really did ruin the trip.

Dear HotelDoc60,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this detailed review.

I'm a little late reaching out to you, and definitely should have while you were here. I was aware of the bad experience you had at our pool due to another guest behaving badly. Our proud staff told me they had made amends, and that there was no need for me to get involved. To do so, in their minds, is an admission that they couldn't appropriately deal with an unhappy guest situation.

I know better and should have thanked them for all they did, and then I should have reached out to you. This is an error on my part. I'm sorry.

With respect to the temperature in your room, I think you were here when we were experiencing 100 degree plus days. A rarity here, but they do occur from time-to-time. Our air conditioning is central and excellent, but when the temperature goes that high, it's hard for us to get our rooms below 65 degrees. Please correct me if my assumption is wrong. jim.treadway@bardessono.com.

We do hope you otherwise enjoyed your stay and will consider returning. I promise a cooler room and a relaxing pool experience next time.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The service was awesome from check in to check out. The location fabulous. My wife said the whole place felt like a spa. They offer complimentary car service to the few places that you cannot walk to in Yountville. The rooms are very spacious and clean. It is pretty expensive, but worth it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Kyttrt,

Your review above captures us to a tee - great service, location, spa-like/serene ambience, and expensive. Thank you for writing it and for staying with us, of course.

The top four or five hotels and resorts in Napa Valley are all priced similarly, if not higher. Our overall Trip Advisor score is the highest of all 54 resorts, hotels, and inns here in the Valley, and the third highest in the U.S. Obviously, this hotel is very nice physically...as good as any anywhere. But it's our service and location which set us apart, though our location is not for everybody. Some visitors to Napa Valley prefer a remote, isolated location, and one that offers expansive views of the Valley, and are not concerned about being car dependent to do and/or see everything that is here.

We do hope you'll return. It was our pleasure serving you.

Warmest regards from your friends at Bardessono.