We came here as part of a few weeks delayed wedding anniversary and wanted to splurge on what was clearly the highest rated hotel in Napa Valley. I will say up front it did not disappoint. We were greeted with wine and a tour of the hotel and our room, and the room is one of the most spacious and beautiful spaces I have ever seen in a hotel, the zen like ambience makes everything feel even bigger too I think. The bathroom alone is the size of our apartment! The pool is amazing, we spent a lot of time just lounging in the cabana beds and the restaurant was phenomenal (better than the Keller ones we tried nearby), and very affordable given the cost of the room. I also need to go off about the bed. This was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on, it was the perfect balance of softness and firmness. If I had one possession I could wish into life it would be this bed.
Everything about the place was classy and beautiful and if you want a splurge here, its definitely worth it. The one hesitation I have from giving 4 over 5 stars is not a reflection of any problems with the place, it was just tiny touches, which may seem irrelevant but when you are splurging (and this kind of thing isnt typical for you, like it isnt for us) I think that there should be nothing left. For example, when you come into the room there is probably the most gourmet food basket you have ever seen, but each thing in it is like 8-16$. We have splurged a few times around the world at top end places like this, and typically the additional frills you would see would be something like this phenomenal food basket, but it would be a complimentary gift for the room (even as a one time only per visit, and not replenished every day). Similarly, in Santorini and France, a wonderful breakfast usually comes included in a room like this and is served to you in room, while here there was just coffee (which was good quality for sure) and a few pastries out in the lounge area. We have stayed at a few estate wineries in the northwest and they would bring a breakfast platter to your room every morning with frittata and fresh baked muffins, things like this, so thats the frame of reference I am using, and all of those places were still cheaper than here (although I can respect that real estate in this area is astronomical). So, its not a criticism of the hotel or the grounds, just that these little tiny details shouldnt be noticed when you are dropping in the ballpark of 1500$ (with taxes) for two nights. That being said, I would still fully recommend it to anyone who wants to come and splurge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Green, luxurious and peaceful, Bardessono is a Napa Valley hotel and spa experience unlike any other. Nestled in the heart of Yountville California our hotel is exceptional by nature. We offer a mindful approach to living the good life and provide a meaningful exchange between the traveler and the host. Our pledge is to care for an uncommon set of priorities in order to create a connected and insightful experience of our guests. Our menu at Lucy Restaurant and Bar offers "field-to-fork" garden-inspired cuisine and spirited libations. Our spa treatments are designed around the needs of the season. Let your story unfold, one indulgence at a time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Bardessono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bardessono Hotel Yountville
- Bardessono Yountville, Napa Valley, CA