We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. On arrival we were greated with a glass of wine each, and a complimenary bottle of red in the room - all locally sourced and very pleasant. The room itself was terrific - we had booked the standard room but were given the extra steam room feature as they were quiet. The highlights were the huge bath, the outdoor patio and the sizeable living room area and fire. All in all, a real pleasure.
Happy hour at the bar was appreciated, with drinks accompanied by homemade popcorn and other nibbles. We ate at Lucy one night - we thought the food was decent, without being particularly exciting, but in its defence we had been eating out every night on that holiday beforehand and were probably a bit overfed before we started. The breakfast was excellent however, particularly the eggs benedict done with avocado.
We borrowed bikes one day to explore some of the nearby vineyards, of which there are many. Provided you go easy on the drink, this is a great way to see a few vineyards without the complications of booking taxis or driving - the hotel bikes were new carbon fibre affairs, which were great and had clearly been properly maintained.
I struggle to find anything bad to say about this place - the only slight thing I can think of would be the mandatory valet parking. As a Brit, I find valet parking a bit of an odd concept anyway, but I can see the point when the car park is a long way from the hotel. Here though, the car park is about 50 feet from the hotel door, so you basically drive through the car park without stopping, only to hand the car over and tip someone to drive it back where you came. Any Americans would no doubt dismiss this as the rantings of a lunatic, so feel free to ignore me! All in all though, a seriously good hotel and well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Green, luxurious and peaceful, Bardessono is a Napa Valley hotel and spa experience unlike any other. Nestled in the heart of Yountville California our hotel is exceptional by nature. We offer a mindful approach to living the good life and provide a meaningful exchange between the traveler and the host. Our pledge is to care for an uncommon set of priorities in order to create a connected and insightful experience of our guests. Our menu at Lucy Restaurant and Bar offers "field-to-fork" garden-inspired cuisine and spirited libations. Our spa treatments are designed around the needs of the season. Let your story unfold, one indulgence at a time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Bardessono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bardessono Hotel Yountville
- Bardessono Yountville, Napa Valley, CA