“Relaxing Stay”

Bardessono
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed this property very much. We arrived with the intent to relax. The fireplace, giant jetted bathtub, shower, outdoor shower and fantastic bed linens definity do the job. We ordered dinner and breakfast from the hotel's restuarant, Lucy. We weren't sure what to expect but both meals were surprisingly delicious and you can read my review and see pictures of our meals here on tripadvisor. Upon departure, the valet left Bardessono water bottles (re-usable, of course) for both my husband and myself in our rental car. My only compaint is with housekeeping. There was a giant spider web over our bed that had obviously been there sometime given the amount of dust collected in it. The rest of the room seemed to be immacualate but an issue like the spider web does cause one to wonder what other steps in cleaning could have been skipped.
Overall, we loved the hotel, definitely recommend it and plan to return.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear GodGivenGlory,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, but apologize for the spider web in your room. No excuses. At our price points, you have every reason to expect perfection and hospital OR-like cleanliness. I'm so sorry.

We do hope you'll return.....soon and often. And I promise no additional occupants in your room next time......

Jim

Write a ReviewReviews (1,343)

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I feel silly writing a review for Bardessono, because they have so many positive reviews, including one from me based on our previous stay ~2 years ago. But I was so blown away on this visit that I feel compelled to acknowledge it. I travel a lot for my work and have stayed in numerous hotels for business and pleasure. In terms of service and amenities, I think Bardessono is the best hotel in the world and certainly the best that I have been to. Their beautiful website does not even do justice to the range of amenities that they provide, nor to the care that they put into hospitality and personalized service.

From the moment we walked in, Antonello Nervo gave us a warm welcome, wishing us Happy Anniversary (I had previously informed them that we were coming to celebrate a belated 15th anniversary). When I told him that we had stayed previously, he was genuinely surprised, because they apparently make a note of repeat customers and go out of their way to acknowledge their loyalty. He then invited us to taste some beautiful wines and personally led us on a tour of the grounds and then walked us to our room and introduced us to all the wonderful amenities (jacuzzi tubs in the rooms, complementary filtered water, a high-fidelity ipod dock, high-tech shades etc.). After he left, he sent up champagne and chocolates as an anniversary gift!

After enjoying the room, we told them we had a dinner reservation at Redd Wood. The valet spontaneously offered to drive us because the weather was cold and rainy. Antonello personally called up the restaurant to make sure that they would give us special treatment (they did--at the end of the meal, they gave us complimentary dessert wine). After coming back, we didn't want to sleep, so we headed to the Lucy Bar. Vince, the bartender, was apparently featured on Good Morning America for one of his eggnog cocktails, so we tried and it was amazing. We spent some time talking with him and one of the restaurant managers, and Vince even let us try a special drink that he concocted, in which he spelled out "Lucy" with orange bitters.

The next morning, we enjoyed the complimentary Peet's coffee (it is SO refreshing to have hotel coffee that is actually good) and took a last walk around Yountville before we sadly had to check out.

This is a pricey hotel, but the bottom line is that they really deliver. You could stay at this hotel, never leave the premises, and have a memorable vacation. Somehow, they have nailed the formula for hospitality, giving you the ultimate in personalized service, while not being overly formal and instead leaving you with the feeling like you were taken care of by family. My only regrets are that we didn't stay longer (it would have been great to have the concierge plan out the details of our stay) and that we didn't try dinner at Lucy. Next time!

I only have a few really minor suggestions: (1) The rooms have floors, not carpets, which is good for cleanliness but it means they can get cold. We needed to crank up the heat for a while before our room was warm enough, (2) The pastries that are served with coffee are nice but very small and don't really live up to the high standards of the rest of the hotel. I am sure that this is to encourage guests to visit the restaurant, but many Napa and Sonoma hotels at this price point provide complimentary continental breakfasts. As a compromise they could consider offering a continental breakfast at the restaurant and show off other offerings to entice visitors to get a bigger meal (they do this at MacArthur Place in Sonoma).
(3) It would be nice to have a bottle of bath gel near the jetted tub.

Room Tip: Tips: -We stayed at the least expensive room type and it was still amazing, and we had a nice view...
1  Thank hippocampus_man

Dear hippocampus_man,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. Your praise is deeply appreciated as are your comments offering suggestions for ways for us to improve - complimentary pastries, room temperature, and bath gel by the tub.

Hope to see you on your next stay and thank you in person. Thank you for your support and loyalty.

All best wishes.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Perfection
I've had the opportunity to visit for: Business, a birthday, an anniversary and I soon will be staying for Christmas. A co-worker asked why not try someplace different my response how can you top perfection? From the beautifully appointed rooms to the helpful staff I can't find a single opportunity for improvement or one thing that needs to change. From the moment you drive in, a staff member is there to greet you and to insure your stay is memorable. The hotel is beautifully designed and maintained and you will never want to leave the room. If you do the bar and restaurant offer great food and service.
This hotel doesn't change it's consistently outstanding.

Room Tip: Book a room with a steam and outdoor shower
1  Thank teresa t
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Teresa T.,

Thank you so much for your repeat business and this wonderful review. Consistent excellence over time is what we hoteliers all strive for. It's so nice to read that we have been successful with you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. And I hope to be able to thank you in person.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

From the moment we were welcomed when we drove up, to the moment we drove away, the service was exceptional. Love the glass of wine upon arrival, nice touch! What better way to start a visit to Napa? Each employee we encountered greeted us, and were eager to make our stay enjoyable. They made us feel like we'd been there several times, like regulars, even though it was our first visit. Loved our room, the fireplace, the great big tub, it was our own private sanctuary. We opted to get our spa treatments at the Spa (instead of our suite) either way, it was one of the best massages. Prior to our spa appointment we relaxed in the hot tub, and enjoyed the beautiful views from up there. The attention to detail at the Bardessono is evident throughout the grounds and rooms, to the employees that work there. Would definitely visit again! The town of Yountville is a great destination!

1  Thank robiee
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Robiee,

What a wonderful review. Thank you so much. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay so much. And we look forward to welcoming you back.......soon and often.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I knew Bardessono was special. I knew it was beautiful, and I expected it to be a wonderful stay. But we were blown away from the moment we arrived. The young handsome valet asked my name, and secretly radioed my arrival to the front desk. Upon entering the hotel we were greeted by another very handsome Italian man who offered us wine before we got to the check-in desk. He was more of a host/sommelier than a front desk professional. We sipped expensive wine from Japan, and were complimented for another 5 or so minutes. I could get used to this!
Then handsome Italian man (I sure wish I could pronounce his name, then I might be able to spell it) escorted us to our room and proceeded to show us every nook, cranny and electric device. Even mentioning that after we enjoy the jacuzzi bath it might make some noise as it cleans itself. They had me at "hot tub bath".
The room (#108 in the Magnolia section) was impeccably appointed; a beautiful fireplace, plasma TV screens with ambiance scenes and sounds, beautiful bedding, and lovely almonds from the hotel management. Wonderful extras like Sennheiser headphones, and sweet turn down service make a mark.
The bathroom is as big as the bedroom, and with two vanity sinks and a perfectly private area for the toilet I could have stayed in there overnight! They keep a massage table in the cabinet in the bathroom so if you so desire, you can indulge in a private massage, then slip into the shower or the bath after without padding around the hotel in your slippers and robe. The slippers and the robe are wonderful... so either way you're wrapped up in luxury.
We didn't get to use the pool or hottub as we were busy running to appointments, but we did get to indulge in the wonderfully curated spa gift shop.
We spent a nice amount of time at the bar and watched the bartender create some magical concoction which arrived with the "lucy" logo floating atop the work of art. Impressive!
After the party we attended we were in a big hurry to get back to the room to enjoy our sleep. With two beds and a nice alcove w/curtain drawn it was the perfect spot for two co-workers.
We were the first ones up for breakfast, and it was marvelous. So many things fresh made from the garden, and everything done with care.
The service at Bardessono is impeccable. The staff is trained very well, but also seem like they truly enjoy their jobs and are proud to be working there.
We will be back again and again. I urge anyone who wants to treat themselves to stay here. You might not ever want to stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are amazing. But DO NOT miss the bathrooms next to the bar.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank NatashaMiller
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for this. Really appreciate such a glowing and detailed review. 108 is one of our King/Queen room, and it's almosr like having two rooms, because the queen bed is in its own alcove with a privacy curtain.

You told me you were going to write a review on Trip Advisor, and you did. Thank you so much..

Look forward to your next visit.

Best.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

That's right, this is the "UTOPIA" of the Napa area. If you can imagine a place where the best restaurants in the country are a street away and a hotel that will give you FREE transportation to and from, its true... Rarely can one say the best thing about a 5 star + hotel are its management and staff, but in this case its 100% accurate. From the moment you arrive to the moment you are sadly departing the most professional, courteous, and personable staff welcome you as if you are family not just once but every time you come in contact with them. In addition, the 62 luxury rooms are surrounded by beautiful plush landscaping and soothing water ponds that are meticulously maintained. If your desire to visit immediately has not been peaked yet, add in a restaurant that houses its own garden to provide the freshest and most flavorful fruits, vegetables, and herbs, with an outstanding chef and restaurant menu that serves Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on a level equal to REDD (a michelin star restaurant) which is a scarcity for a "hotel" restaurant which is usually mediocre at best including the 5 star ones (those of you who have been know what I speak of).... Oh.... did I mention the hand-crafted one-in-a-million type cocktails using those ingredients as well???? If you are visiting the area and are fortunate enough to book a reservation here you better do it immediately. This combination of luxury, mgmt, outstanding staff, food, and beautiful surroundings only occurs in one place "UTOPIA" and Bardessono is it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: There are NO BAD rooms to choose from, each has amazing amenities and luxurious eco-friendly charact...

Dear Citizen860,

Can't thank you enough for this. I know who you are because you were so complimentary during your stay. I so appreciated being "summoned" to our restaurant, Lucy. I didn't know what to expect, and have to admit to being relieved that all you wanted to tell me was how much you were enjoying your stay.

We all look forward to serving you again on your trip our way next May.

All the best and many thanks.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Fantastic property. Hotel was modern and luxurious with HUGE room/suites. Bathroom was over-the-top and bigger than many rooms in NYC!

We had a beautiful terrace big enough for two chaise lounges and a bistro table and chairs. Great mountain views. The service was incredible. Great bar and restaurant with excellent wine choices by the glass or bottle. The pool was a perfect way to end each wine touring day. Which, by the way, the hotel helped arrange a wonderful car service for all our wine touring.

We went in early August and are already planning our trip back next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NewDemRex
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear NewDemRex,

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay here. Your review is thoughtful and comprehensive. We really appreciate it.

A small word of caution to readers.....only our upstairs rooms have views, and the views from a number of them are a bit unremarkable. In our marketing, we are careful not to promise sweeping views of the Valley, as we are in in-town luxury hotel. But the view from our rooftop swimming pool is stunning.

Thanks for staying with us, and we look forward to your return.

Jim

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#4 of 6 in Yountville
SENZA Hotel
SENZA Hotel
#3 of 29 in Napa

Been to Bardessono? Share your experiences!