“Modern Bliss in Wine Country”
Review of Bardessono

Bardessono
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The Bardessono is a beautifully modern spa hotel with all the amenities one could ask for. My boyfriend and I stayed for about 5 days in March. Upon arriving, the hotel greeted us with a complimentary glass of wine (good wine, not the cheap stuff). The interior of the hotel lobby, bar, restaurant, pool, and spa areas are beautifully decorated in a very modern and chic style. The rooms are also very modern and the hotel is LEED certified. Our room was split into two areas, the bathroom and the bedroom. The bathroom came complete with his and her sinks, a 120 degree steam shower, and a champagne jacuzzi tub. The bathroom is also where in room massages are performed. The bedroom, although very modern in decor, was also very cozy and welcoming with a gas fireplace, sectional sofa, king size bed, and wall mounted TV. The bed was very comfortable. The outdoor patio has a table and chairs and an outdoor shower (none of which we used because it was too cold). The blinds automatically come down when you exit the room (to reserve energy and heat) and the lights automatically turn off. The breakfast menu was a bit limited in selection but the food was good. It didn't blow me away but it was decent for the cost. We didn't eat dinner in the hotel so can't comment on that but the bar has some interesting cocktails. We were going to get spa services but discovered they were very expensive. I know, I know, it's Yountville, but $200 for an hour massage was a bit overpriced in my opinion. The hotel concierge organized most of our vineyards trips and made some great recommendations. I now wish we hadn't rented a car because it turns out the hotel has a fleet of Lexus SUVs available to guests for a period of 3 hours for FREE. All in all, a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laura C

995 - 1,001 of 1,328 reviews

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We chose this property based upon the reviews on Tripadvisor. I also was curious about the hotel because of their ECO angle and also because they allow dogs of any size on the property. We have a 75 lb dog and I have found that often hotels only allow smaller dogs onto the property.

As previous reviews have already mentioned the hotel is situated in the perfect location to access all the great eats in Yountville. Though there is no view of the rolling vineyards I found the location to be in a quiet location (in comparison to some of the other Yountville hotels on the main road). The room is spacious, clean and modern. The Wifi is easy to use (no difficulty signing in) and fast.

Some of our highlights included the following:
1) We used the concierge service to book our wine tastings. They were helpful, efficient and re confirmed everything prior to our arrival. I would highly recommend the entire team.
2) We had the in room massage, I had the Vinotherapie massage which I would highly recommend. The anti oxidant oil made my skin very soft. The massage also was GREAT, it wasn't the typical massage where a reluctant therapist worked on you. The therapist (Marcia) really found the places I was tight and really worked on those areas. I would not miss a massage from the team!!!
3) We had breakfast at Lucy- the in house restaurant. I was a little concerned about eating there as the local SF Chronicle newspaper had recently provided a scathing review of the restaurant. Though we had breakfast only (not dinner) I found the service to be prompt and the food great.
4) It was 90 plus degrees the first day so we lounged late in the afternoon at the pool. There is a long lap pool and great chairs & cabana's to sit at. Poolside service was also ready to provide water and drinks and snacks if desired.

We found the hotel a great refuge after our tastings and activities each day and I would highly recommend it to anyone. The Eco angle makes it even better with luxury that abounds. We definitely would come back!!

Room Tip: There's been comments about the back door leading to the deck not locking. We struggled with ou...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear JSMana,

Thank you for your exceptional review about your stay at Bardessono. Our concierge and pool teams, Marcia in the spa, and the team at Lucy all appreciate your detailed reply about your experiences on property. We are happy you enjoyed Lucy and hope you will try dinner on your return! The room tip was excellent too, thank you for sharing this for others to understand the mechanisms of our doors. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kini Parente
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We choose this property for a Napa trip for 3 couples and everyone absolutely loved it! We choose this for the location and walking proximity to a town and restaurants. I also loved the incredible design and thoughtfulness that went into every detail of this hotel. We had a standard room which was great and still a nice size with a wonderful sitting area. The in room massages were very good and a great way to refresh from a long flight from the east coast. It is nice to be able to walk to local shops and restaurants. All six of us thought dinner at the French Laundry, while good, was way overrated, too formal and drawn out to enjoy after a long day of winery tours. Once is enough to say you did it if you are in to that.

We enjoyed both the bar and the breakfast in the diningroom and the room service breakfast were outstanding.

For this couples trip to Napa, we split our four nights between this property and the Carnaros Inn which was a perfect blend of two completly different styles and locations. This was our 4th trip to Napa and each time is just as good as the last. We would definately stay at Bardessono again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank coolmama
Kini P, Director of Sales at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete this review about your stay at Bardessono. We're happy to know you enjoyed the hotel, your spa treatment and the convenience of being able to walk anywhere in Yountville. We look forward to welcoming you back for your 5th stay in Napa!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Bardessono for 4 nights and it was absolutely wonderful. Walking distance to the best restaurants as well as to Bouchon bakery, perfect for breakfast. The contemporary, but warm feel, and wonderful service made our mini vacation memorable. Understated elegance throughout, loved the 'green' certification, the high tech feel, and the fabulous bathroom and tub. I never use the hotel tubs but this was an exception and well worth it, with great views of the private balcony. The room was spacious and the balcony was a great area to sit and relax between wine tastings and dinner. Bedding was a nice touch at the end of the day as was the orange flavored water bedside.
Note: when we checked in they had machinery going and making noise, they are adding a firepit. I did not hear it again after I checked in. I highly recommend the Bardessono.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmo
Reviewed June 3, 2012

An eco friendly hotel in the heart of wine country! I loved everything about Bardessono from the classy lobby, the complementary wine and fruit and citrus water, the serene escorted walk to our suite, the chic and luxurious rooms (organic linens, robes, soaking tubs) etc. To top it off they have a complimentary valet (which employs the most hardworking valet guys I've ever encountered) as well as complimentary wireless internet.

The hotel is within walking distance to some of Yountville's hottest eateries including Redd, Bouchon, etc. If you want to go somewhere a bit further and don't want to drive you can use their cute little bicycles. Although we didn't try out their spa or restaurant, I'm sure they're just as amazing!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HooriaT
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Loved this hotel, its modern luxury all around. Even the bathroom was amazing with an awesome tub and great views. I usually stay away from the tubs in a hotel but I could not resist this one. I still had amazing views from the bath tub. Pool looked great, but weather was just not warm enough for me to take a deep. Take advantage of a massage in your room if you can, it is well worth the splurge! Its situated in a very convenient location where you can walk to the best local restaurants. Also it is in great proximity to several vineyards. This is a pricey hotel, but it was worth every penny!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Beautiful modern hotel in the town of Yountville. If you are looking for a country estate type place with views of vineyards, this is not the place for you. But, if you want to be able to walk to many fine dining places, including the hotel's own restaurant it is great. Very comfortable beds and baths, nicely hi-tech. A nice little outdoor fenced in space-- and although I generally appreciate more of a view, it gave a feeling of complete privacy.

We did not have breakfast here as we walked across the lane to Bouchon Bakery, but our dinner here was very nice. The pool area is upstairs and very nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#2 of 6 in Yountville
North Block Hotel
North Block Hotel
#4 of 6 in Yountville

Been to Bardessono? Share your experiences!