“One of our best hotel stays- EVER!”
Review of Bardessono

Bardessono
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I know that a lot has already been said about Bardessono- but it is so amazing that I just had to write my own review. Bardessono rates as one of our top two hotel stays ever (the other being in Europe). The hotel grounds are immaculate and instantly transport you away from the craziness of daily life. It is simply beautiful- zen indeed. We were often the only people on the rooftop pool and loved how secluded it was. What makes Bardessono really stand out is the customer service. Knowing it was our anniversary, we were upgraded to a steam shower suite and champagne/chocolates were awaiting us. The wine and food suggestions at the bar were spot on. We had massages in our room- absolutely fabulous experience- you must do it! I wanted to take an early morning walk and was given the best route that took me through scenic vineyards and pastures. On top of it all- they are LEEDS certified and very eco-friendly. Quite simply put, Bardessono is pure perfection!

1  Thank kikieis

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Just spent a gilrs' weekend in Yountville and despite the rain and cold weather, we had a fabulous time...in large part due to our fabulous stay at Bardessono. We loved everything about this place: the service (professional yet very friendly and accomodating), the room, the grounds, the restaurant, the location, the spa. Seriously, one of the best places I've stayed in the wine country (and I've stayed in quite a few over the years). Three of us had massages in the spa and we all thought they were wonderful. We had one lunch and one breakfast at Lucy's - both were great! I highly recommend the warm crab salad while it's in season. We are already talking about a return trip during the summer (hoping for better weather!) and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cindy L
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Unfortunately for our first trip to Napa it rained all week. Despite this, the spa suite at the Bardessono felt like home. Outdoor patio, fireplace, outdoor shower, european tub, room for in room couples massages, 24 hour room service, what more could you want. They have bicycle rentals for free and Yountville fitness center access as well which is less than a 5 minutes walk away.

In the heart of Yountville the best of Napa's restaurants are minutes away. For breakfast there is a cafe just past the Yountville post office and for lunch try the Mustard Grill on 29 North.

The pool is on the second story and perfect for doing laps and the cabanas are available for lounging. Lucy's restaurant should not be overlooked. The service is attentive but laid back and the food is quite good. The hotel also has a rotating art collection that is interesting. The hotel is in between Highway 29 and the Silverado Trail. It is easy to bike to either and enjoy the beauty of the area.

A shout out to the valets. They really made our stay feel like home. Always available for ideas on things to do especially since the weather was poor, they really seemed like they wanted us to have a good time.

I would definitely stay here if you are looking for a resort and think you are going to spend a lot of time on property. Keep in mind this place is not very cost effective. However its worth it. Also, we did not make use of it but they have free Lexus hybrids to take out for 3 hours at a time.

If you are out and about all day then the bed and breakfasts are probably the better deal.

Room Tip: Pick the spa suite on the lower levels.
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is one of the best experiences I have had in a long time at a hotel, and I travel almost weekly for business. The room was beautiful, spacious & zen-like -- I find it a fantastic value for the rate! My boyfriend and I felt an immediate sense of calm from the second we walked into the room. The service was fantastic. My boyfriend got sick and needed salt & vinegar for gargles. The staff immediately brought a bottle of each and didn't charge us. After that, when we called or went down to reception, everyone asked him how we was feeling. It was so special. Another day, we came back from a long day and wanted hot tea. We went to the lounge and asked for some tea. While they don't typically serve at the lounge, they brought us a teapot and didn't even charge us. It was the perfect end to the day! Finally, the whole wheat pancakes in room service menu are AMAZING!! I want to come back to the hotel just to have them again. We sat in our terrace and enjoyed them. One of the happiest moments of our vacation. It was a 5-star experience all around. We will always stay here when we come to Napa and I will recommend it to everyone I know. THANK YOU!

1  Thank michifreyre
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Our first visit to Napa was so special because we stayed in this wonderful Hotel! The rooms are amazing, comfortable, spacious, luxurious. The Concierge's recommendations were incredible. Try the French Toast for breakfast it was perfect! We loved the location, we walked everywhere in Yountville.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I found Bardessono online and could not find a reason not to go. We arrived and were not disappointed! In fact, we were wonderfully impressed. The check-in process was simple, had a glass of wine offered, and we were taken on a quick tour of the place and escorted to our room. We were shown all the amenities of the room and the luggage was brought up soon thereafter. The hotel bar was great. You could have a cocktail if you were tired of wine, or of course they had a wonderful selection of wines as well. Bardessono is within walking distance to all things Yountville. The concierge service was outstanding. We were given lifts (I had a broken foot) to several places in the hotel's Lexus, and got several tips on not-to-miss wineries and just general information.

The rooms and the hotel were like none we've ever seen. To think you can have this luxurious of a place and it's LEED certified is quite impressive.

However, I think the service and the staff is the best asset of the entire Bardessono experience!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

One word... BEAUTIFUL!

I don't normally do reviews but this place definitely deserves one. I was searching around for the perfect one-night-stay for a romantic proposal weekend, Bardessono was the "IT" place.

If the think the pictures you see here are nice.... just wait til you see this place in person. My girlfriend's (now fiance :p) jaw dropped.

Great atmosphere... Polite staff... Awesome locations.

Take advantage of their amenities... Riding one of their ~$3k bikes around town was great fun! Be sure to look for Dev- Nice gentlemen who works the front!

Suite was open/roomy, great fireplace, nice flat-screen TV, comfy bed, private patio, and not to mention nice Jacuzzi-tub.

NO CONS HERE.... I was I stayed longer!

Room Tip: From the looks of the resort every room is a good one!
1  Thank Chris T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
Andaz Napa
Andaz Napa
#4 of 30 in Napa
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer

Been to Bardessono? Share your experiences!