“Beautiful hotel with friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Bardessono
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Diego, California
“Beautiful hotel with friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Awesome experience. Everybody that we came in contact with during our stay did an amazing job! My wife and I were engaged in Napa, so we decided to make a trip back for our 1 year anniversary. I stumbled across Bardessono when I was looking for a hotel and fell in love with it. The hotel is even nicer in person. I would 100% recommend this hotel to anybody that is looking for a place to stay. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here around Christmas and we we blown away as soon as we drove down the driveway. This place is a design statement right from the signage out the front. We were greeted by a glass of local wine and very lovely staff. Every effort is made here to make you feel relaxed and pampered. The resort has an Eco feel without scrimping on luxury and is perfectly situated within walking distance of everything Yountville has to offer. We stayed in the steam spa suite which was amazing and comes with a massive spa bath in the open plan bathroom.
One afternoon we hired the complimentary bikes and rode thought the vineyards as the sun set. This is a truely magical place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PerpetualTraveler23
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Beautiful hotel for a special occasion. The outdoor showers are a great touch and the spacious and modern rooms are the perfect place to relax in wine country.

Room Tip: Try to get upgraded to the rooms with outdoor showers
1 Thank Alex K
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Had a great 3 night stay at Bardessono in a beautiful King Steam Suite with fireplace.

Grounds are gorgeous, bed is very comfortable, bathroom is spacious. (Tho I wouldn't pay extra to have a room with the outdoor shower.) Love the location in the heart of Yountville which is halfway between Napa and St Helena.

Breakfast at the newly renovated restaurant was delicious. Not a huge menu, but they probably will make you whatever you want.

Staff is super friendly. No extra charges for parking or internet. Really can't go wrong staying here

Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

We travel to Napa often and enjoyed our stay at the Bardessono. The room and bathroom were very large, plenty of room for our family of three. My husband and I took our 12 year old son with us. He had his own alcove with a queen bed. We had breakfast in the restaurant and it was very good. The daily maid service was a little slow. We would be out all day and come back and have to call to have our room made up. They may have been fully booked. I asked for a non-pet room so we would be away from any rooms with barking dogs and they accomodated my request. We had a nice quiet room. A very clean, modern and luxurious hotel. A little pricey, but would stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DeluxeTraveler
davemann17
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

My wife and I travel a lot, and thought we would take a local trip up to Yountville. The Bardessono was the perfect place to get away! Immediately when we pulled into the front of the hotel, we were greeted by not only a valet, but also by a concierge that walked us to the registration desk, and we were both handed a glass of wine along the way. (Talk about service!)

We are not huge fans of modern hotels, we generally prefer those that are boutiques...but this hotel has opened our minds. The rooms are huge and extremely private, there is plenty of room for two people in the bathroom, and then with that indoor/outdoor shower...We definitely wished that we had stayed longer. And I am also a fan of the little technological things that the rooms had to offer...i.e. the shades to the bedroom being controlled by a switch, the lights and TV automatically going off when you are not in the room, etc. Oh, and I forgot to mention the rooftop pool and jacuzzi. It was so adorable that we had to make sure that they were both used before we left.

Now there aren't a lot of rooms at this hotel (I think around 65ish), so your stay is going to be extremely private. I know that others have commented on the price of the hotel, but I felt that the service warranted the price...And I cannot say that about a lot of hotels.

One other comment... Yountville is a quaint town, and the Bardessono is centrally located to everything the town has to offer. We walked everywhere, and I do love when we are able to do that while on a vacation...

I could go on raving about this hotel, but I think there are other wonderful reviews here to highlight other great aspects of this hotel...

2 Thank davemann17
Manhattan Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Bardessono was truly the best hotel that I have ever stayed at. They made every effort to ensure that our trip was perfect and went out of their way to make us feel like important guests. We had to come in a day early because of bad weather in San Francisco and they not only gave us a discount on the extra night, but upgraded us to a spa suite for all three nights upon arrival. The rooms were HUGE with a beautifully decorated living room as well as as equally large bathroom. I have never been at a hotel where the bathroom is the same size as the room! It is large enough to get a couples massage so that you never even need to leave your room (if not for the wine tasting!). It also has a gorgeous patio that if the weather was better we would have spent all our time. It location is also perfect as it is in walking distance to all of the best restaurants in Napa Valley (Bottega, French Laundry, Bouchon.) They just reopened their new restaurant Lucy, and it was truly delicious. I would compare it to any of the best restaurants in Yountville. I always wanted to stay at Auberge de Soleil but after staying at Bardessono I don't think I will ever stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Any room would be perfect but the spa suite was incredible
2 Thank Katie R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
The Wine Country Inn
The Wine Country Inn
#2 of 8 in St. Helena
4.5 of 5 stars 952 reviews

Been to Bardessono? Share your experiences!