I stayed at the Napa Valley Railway Inn with my sister for one night. We stayed in room 8, one of the three or four rooms (carriages) that have little turrets above the beds--very charming and also made the ceiling higher and the room lighter. The rooms are simply but plesantly decorated and the bathrooms more than adequate.
Traffic noise was minimal although our room faced the street. The occasional car or bus went by from around 6 or 7am, but hardly major traffic noise.
I had no problem with the lack of on site staff. The receptionist at the health club where we checked in was friendly and helpful. Bouchon (Thomas Keller's brasserie and bakery) is just across the street and was great for breakfast. The hotel is centrally located for all the restaurants--Redd, Bistro Jeanty etc. and was by far the cheapest hotel (other than motels and chains) that I could find in the area.
I am returning again with my husband next week for a couple of nights while we tour some of the wineries and try Ad Hoc, Keller's newer restaurant in Yountville.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Wine Country in the center of the sophisticated town of Yountville, the Napa Valley Railway Inn provides the perfect Napa Valley getaway. Let the Railway Inn's converted 100-year old train cars provide you with memorable accommodations walking distance to Thomas Keller's 'The French Laundry,' 'Bouchon,' and 'Ad-Hoc,' as well as Michael Chiarello's 'Bottega,' and 'Napa Style.' Comfortable, contemporary and convenient, relax outside your room in the evening on our patio with a glass of wine or in the morning enjoy a specialty coffee and fresh pastry from the Model Bakery's soon to open 3rd Napa Valley location right at the hotel. Outside your doorstep stroll to any of the 11 wine tasting rooms, boutique shopping or world-class dining located just steps away. A mix of history with all the modern conveniences for today's traveler, make the hotel an ideal destination when visiting the Napa Valley. In room amenities include complimentary WiFi, flat screen TV's, inviting luxurious linens and refrigerators for that just purchased bottle of Chardonnay. Hotel guest rooms consist of eight steam-era railcars permanently parked in the center of downtown Yountville in the heart of the Napa Valley. Each of the guest cars offers few hints of their former function: you'd never guess that No. 4 used to carry cattle or that the skylight in No.9 was once a hatch for ice-block deliveries. Providing the best location for your wine country escape, the hotel offers the convenience of not having to get into your car to enjoy an evening out in the best restaurants in the Napa Valley as well as great views of the surrounding mountains and adjacent vineyards during the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Napa Valley Railway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napa Valley Railway Hotel Yountville
- Napa Valley Railway Inn Yountville, CA