All reviewsomelette stationhigh teaomelet barnapa valleyinterior roomwine tastingmade to order omeletschampagne breakfastwine countryfrench laundrysister propertygrounds are beautifulduraflame logwithin walking distancepastriesa nice touchincluded breakfast
Reviewed December 25, 2010

We stayed 3 nights at villagio, which was located in the heart of yountville. Top restaurants bouchon, bistro jeanty, hurleys and the overrated bottega are all less than 0.5 miles of the property. In addition to great service you also get free breakfast, bottle of wine and complimentary coffee and scones (in the afternoon). The spa is extremely relaxing and I would highly recommend this spot for first time visitors and seasoned pro's as well. A lot of good wineries too are located in close proximity to villagio, which makes this ideal.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 17, 2010

We stayed two nights here, a Monday and Tuesday, as part of a longer swing through Napa/Sonoma and the Bay Area. Yountville being the food mecca that it is, we had to spend a couple nights here. But I have to say, after seeing more of the valleys, there are many quieter and prettier places to stay. Yountville, while charming, has the look of a movie set---a certain manufactured charm, not quite authentic.
As for Villagio, I loved the spacious room with the huge bathroom, fireplace, and small back patio overlooking the adjacent vineyard. The "champagne" breakfast, which is included in the room price, was surprisingly good---very fresh and tasty. And there's also a complimentaty afternoon tea (with wine of course). And for Yountville properties, the location can't be beat. Ad Hoc, Bouchon, Bottega are all steps away. The other hotels we looked at were farther out, which is fine in the summer, but we appreciated the closeness on a cool and rainy November night. Villagio is a very large property, but it still felt comfortable. Still, it's quite pricey for what you get, so I would wait for a great deal, like the one we booked through Expedia. For full price, you might as well stay at the highest-end properties.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I had a very nice stay and felt that it was a remarkably good value. The wine and cheese tasting in the evening and the large breakfast buffet was a pleasant surprise. Our room was very large with 30 ft. ceilings and a fireplace. It was a little dark in the afternoon and there was some road noise but I put on Pandora and all was good. Ask for a room away from the road if you think it will bother you. The spa was lovely, very warm and inviting for women travelers in particular. The steam, sauna, and outdoor hot tub were perfect. They invite you to sample their spa scrub bar which is nice. The lounge area off the spa had cozy chairs, fireplace, snacks, magazines. I could have stayed all day.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Just returned from a wonderful stay at the Villagio. It was mostly a business trip, but we did get in a little bit of wine tasting. The room was spacious and inviting. I enjoyed the amenities like the espresso maker in the room, complimentary breakfast and wine on arrival. I was also offered a delicious cup of hot chocolate when I arrived. The lobby is warm and inviting, and the grounds are beautiful. Overall, I highly recommend the Villagio for a great stay in the Napa valley.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Have stayed at many places in Yountville but never here as I couldn't justify paying double the rate at Yountville Inn or Napa Valley Lodge. But at <$200 it was worth a try and very enjoyable. Beds were extremely comfortable and rooms very spacious. Bathroom was a little dark but large and well laid-out; if I were paying their standard $400+ I'd expect a glass-walled shower, but this was just in the tub. Several pools were nicely heated during my cool December stay, and the showers and hot tubs at their relativley new spa were outstanding. Breakfast was filling with made-to-order omelets, mimosas, etc and the staff provided excellent service. Well worth returning at a fair price, and of course the downtown Yountville location can't be beat, whereever you choose to stay in town!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo