All reviewsomelette stationhigh teaomelet barnapa valleyinterior roomwine tastingmade to order omeletschampagne breakfastwine countryfrench laundrysister propertygrounds are beautifulduraflame logwithin walking distancepastriesa nice touchincluded breakfast
Reviewed December 6, 2017

Rooms were dated and never fully cleaned (coffee cups stayed dirty throughout visit),breakfast was disappointing with minimal options, staff was not responsive. I asked for pillows 3 times before someone brought and this was over a period of 4 hours. We contacted management since the room rate had decreased significantly and wanted to renegotiate considering we were not having a 4 star experience. I mentioned I felt like they were on a skeleton crew and they were so insulted that they focused on the comment instead of addressing my concerns Angela was not very responsive when messages left to her. But worse I was given a contact for a JSmith @ Vintage Estates so that I can express my concerns and here we are a month later and no response. We go to NAPA every year and we have stayed at much better places with luxury details. When you pay so much you expect a different level of customer service and more attention to detail.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank mariolavo
Reviewed December 6, 2017

Right now the hotel is undergoing a massive facelift. We did not know the extent before we booked and that may have swayed us to book somewhere else, but I am glad we didn't! I will say, I do wish that the construction was indicated on their website or that management reached out to us to let us know. It was a bit of shock to see.

We couldn't check in at the Villagio because of the construction, but the Vintage House (it's sister property) wasn't far and the staff was very courteous. This is also next door to where the breakfast is served. We were on the farthest end of the Villagio property and the walk was no more than 5 minutes. I will say that breakfast was just ok. It was the exact same all three mornings and was lacking so variation and excitement. I mean, bacon would be nice!

You cannot beat the location. Right in downtown Yountville, you're within walking distance to so many great restaurants and tasting rooms. It's also ideally located in the valley to get to Calistoga, St Helena and Napa.

Once this renovation is over, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic trip! The rooms are amazing, location is fabulous, staff are friendly and the fire pit is a great way to end the day! Would have given 5 stars but the breakfast facilities were somewhat disappointing. With that said, will most certainly book again!

Ps. Watch out for cops while doing a rolling stop at the stop sign right outside the hotel, one is always watching!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

This was our second time in Yountville and we decided to return to the Villagio (had stayed there 9/2016 also). Why? Because the location is best case scenario and the staff are great.

Yountville is adorable with great restaurants (Redd, Bottega, etc) and tasting rooms, art, and shopping. The hotel is perfectly located where all these things are walking distance (which is extra nice after driving to wineries all day). It is also very close to St. Helena and downtown Napa and a reasonable distance to Calistoga and Sonoma.

The hotel has been bought since our last trip there but the staff was the same helpful, pleasant, and friendly staff and the property had only been minimally changed. The rooms are clean but could definitely use some updating (massive renovations starting shortly that will be AMAZING when finished).

The only decline in service we noted from the new owners is the quality of the included breakfast. In the past it was much more impressive with an omelette station and more hot options whereas now it’s a pretty basic (but free!) breakfast. We ended up getting egg sandwiches at Yountville deli which was a nice and cheap alternative...not a big deal but worth noting.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2017

I recently stayed on a castle in Ireland and it was less expensive than this Inn/Hotel/Dive whatever you want to call it. Save your money and shop around and use the money to dine in some of the fine places to eat in the area.

Stayed: November 2017