All reviewsomelette stationhigh teaomelet barnapa valleyinterior roomwine tastingmade to order omeletschampagne breakfastwine countryfrench laundrysister propertygrounds are beautifulduraflame logwithin walking distancepastriesa nice touchincluded breakfast
Reviewed May 29, 2006

This was the third time we've stayed at the Villagio. We've enjoyed each time. The breakfast is great. The afternoon tea is very nice. The pool is great. The rooms are great. Staff is friendly and very attentive. Location in Yountville is very convenient...you can walk to several great restaurants. Negatives are the price and noise level. Price is high, and there is traffic noise due to the location next to the highway. We also heard hot air balloons being inflated at 6am on Sunday morning in the adjacent parking lot. We will say again though.

1  Thank travelerz1
Reviewed May 29, 2006

This hotel deceives - the lobby and exterior are lovely, but the rooms are HORRID. They are dark, and cheaply decorated. The freeway noise is so loud one cannot carry on a conversation.

We had apparently booked their "best" room for $550 a night. It was dreadful. We were fortunate that Meadowood had a last-minute cancellation. Turned out the "most modest" room at Meadowood was substantially nicer than the best room at Villagio - and cheaper.

One positive about Villagio was that they refunded our deposit right away. I think they horrified reactions often and so they handle them well.

If you are looking for an elegant, romantic luxury hotel - DO NOT GO TO VILLAGIO.

11  Thank Destination2614
Reviewed May 28, 2006

We just got back from the Vallagio Inn and we also had a fabulous time. This is wine country not downtown Paris. The rooms were all decorated with a tuscany theme. There was granite, new carpet and everything was clean. I think the dark wood theme throws people off as being old. The rooms were huge. We stayed at Le Maurice in Paris in October and that was more "ritz like" We were not looking for that in Napa. You will not find it. The courtyard/fountains was also beautiful surrounding the rooms. The health club was also perfect or a morning workout before breakfeast and wine tasting.

The rooms are perfect for the quaintness of Napa and the wine country. The tub was oversized and clean. The concierge, Mary was great and very helpful. Do not compare $400.00-$500.00 in a city hotel to that of the valley inns. The employees at the hotel could not do enough for us. Elizabeth who worked at the front desk set the whole tone of our getaway by her friendliness and smile.

The buffet was also great. On weekends they have the omelette bar and waffle bar. I think the people who complain about the food are used to their grand slam breakfeast at Denny's. I honestly believe that the people who complain about this hotel can never be pleased. My wife is from NYC and very critical and she had a great time w/o complaint.

We rented a convertible with a GPS and that made all the difference while exploring Silverado Trail. Don't miss the Schramsburg winery tour, well worth the $25.00 per person which includes wine tasting. Peju was also a great winery, along with MUMS.

The outlet stores in NAPA are ok to get away from the winery for a few hours. Some stores include Barney's, Ann Taylor, Boise and the usual outlet stores.

Anyways, as frequent travelers, we cannot say enough about this hotel.

3  Thank Journey38322
Reviewed May 23, 2006

I have no idea what all these negative reviewers are talking about!! My husband I have traveled to numerous destinations all over the world and usually stay in 4 or 5 star resorts. We figure if you are going away enjoy yourself! I think people are very hard to please and very spoiled! With that said.. here is my review.
We had a downstairs interior room. No highway noise. That request was made based on the fact it was a commen complaint throughout the reviews. Thus, we had no noise at all except the fountains that line some of the rooms. Room was large with a fireplace and very nice comfortable bed. The bathroom had a nice seperate dressing area and the bathtub was a soaking tub for two medium sized adults. They do give you a scented candle in the bathroom as well as a larger one in the main area. Very romantic. I did not see any stains on carpet or bedding. All furniture was tasteful and in line with the style of the inn.
Breakfast was amazing! Tons of fresh fruits, fresh squeezed juices. omelette and waffle station with fresh berries, cheeses,muffins, bagels.etc. I can not fathom how some reviewers commented the breakfast was horrible. What else would they want or need? At 6pm there was a very nice wine tasting from a local vineyard. In addition, there were various cheeses and fruits. Very nice before dinner!
Overall, we had a lovely time and would definitely go again. Enjoy!

6  Thank randic1
Reviewed May 8, 2006

I had such high hopes for the Villagio, and was a little disappointed. The rooms are just not that nice. They are sizable, but they seem old and plain. There was nothing luxurious about them, and certainly not the bathrooms. We did pay extra (nearly $400) for an "interior" room and we did not hear any traffic.

That said, the pool looked nice and the breakfast and afternoon tea were fine. Not incredble, but certainly adequate. We would not come back here again. One note though, I had one of the best meals ever at Bistro Jeanty...very fresh and flavorful!

• Stayed: March 2006