All reviewsomelette stationhigh teaomelet barnapa valleyinterior roomwine tastingmade to order omeletschampagne breakfastwine countryfrench laundrysister propertygrounds are beautifulduraflame logwithin walking distancepastriesa nice touchincluded breakfast
Reviewed May 23, 2006

I have no idea what all these negative reviewers are talking about!! My husband I have traveled to numerous destinations all over the world and usually stay in 4 or 5 star resorts. We figure if you are going away enjoy yourself! I think people are very hard to please and very spoiled! With that said.. here is my review.
We had a downstairs interior room. No highway noise. That request was made based on the fact it was a commen complaint throughout the reviews. Thus, we had no noise at all except the fountains that line some of the rooms. Room was large with a fireplace and very nice comfortable bed. The bathroom had a nice seperate dressing area and the bathtub was a soaking tub for two medium sized adults. They do give you a scented candle in the bathroom as well as a larger one in the main area. Very romantic. I did not see any stains on carpet or bedding. All furniture was tasteful and in line with the style of the inn.
Breakfast was amazing! Tons of fresh fruits, fresh squeezed juices. omelette and waffle station with fresh berries, cheeses,muffins, bagels.etc. I can not fathom how some reviewers commented the breakfast was horrible. What else would they want or need? At 6pm there was a very nice wine tasting from a local vineyard. In addition, there were various cheeses and fruits. Very nice before dinner!
Overall, we had a lovely time and would definitely go again. Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank randic1
Reviewed May 8, 2006

I had such high hopes for the Villagio, and was a little disappointed. The rooms are just not that nice. They are sizable, but they seem old and plain. There was nothing luxurious about them, and certainly not the bathrooms. We did pay extra (nearly $400) for an "interior" room and we did not hear any traffic.

That said, the pool looked nice and the breakfast and afternoon tea were fine. Not incredble, but certainly adequate. We would not come back here again. One note though, I had one of the best meals ever at Bistro Jeanty...very fresh and flavorful!

• Stayed: March 2006
6  Thank anna011
Reviewed May 2, 2006

I didn't pay $400 like the poor fellow on the previous review, but I certainly can sympathize. If the $400 room was bad, just imagine the $250 room. My husband had read all the romantic reviews but apparently missed the bad ones. The room, although spacious, was lacking in decor. The carpet obviously was old. The complimentary wine was a cheap chardonnay and the bathroom had 1 candle---why bother? The breakfast was no better than a buffet at Embassy Suites. (At least at Embassy Suites they serve complimentary cocktail at 6pm.) For the rates they charge, I expected the rooms to come close to Bellagio Hotel in Vegas. The tea service was laughable with their limited teas in bags, no less! I was so adamant not to miss tea time because I expected to be served with silver tea settings and petit fours, delicate tea sandwiches, etc. They served biscotti and tasteless cucumber sandwiches. They must have served other things but they were not even worth trying or remembering. ( I paid only $20 at Bellagio Hotel for high tea and it included among others lobster sandwiches and the like. And I did not pay over $200 for the room! ) The worst part is the grapeseed wrap which I paid $220 plus tip. I thought I was going to die. I was wrapped in maybe about 6 hot towels and 6 insulation foil wrapping with plastic backing. How can anyone survive that much heat? I felt my heart pounding after being left for about 15minutes. It was supposed to last 50 minutes. Fortunately, my arms are skinny enough that I was able to shimmie out of the wrappings and save my life! Unfortunately, Villagio Inn does not entertain any feedback from their customers. I expected to receive maybe a survey in the mail or in the room. Nothing. Not even an email address or customer service or contact us on their website. I guess they know what reviews to expect.

Stayed: April 2006
11  Thank Mochilato
Reviewed April 18, 2006

Don't waste your money... at nearly $400 per night (which included a AAA discount) for a suite, it was a complete disappointment. Had it been around $200 I might feel otherwise but...

Number one on the list of shotcomings is the highway noise. I even requested a room away from the highway... what did I get? A room less than 50 yards from highway 29. The ONLY time it was quiet was between 1 -5 am. As far as the room goes, it was relatively spacious but the furnishings we're just a step above IKEA. Cheap towels and robes too. A terrible breakfast. Remember dorm food? this was not much better. The staff seemed like they were borrowed from a Red Roof Inn. And don't even bother expressing your your dissatisfaction. When I did it was met with a shrug and an indifferent "sorry".

Will never go back.

• Stayed: April 2006
6  Thank GrandTour31934
Reviewed April 11, 2006

Me and my wife stayed at this fine inn for one evening. Not sure what the last couple were complaining about but our stay was excellent. We had a upstairs room facing the pool. We had no problem with room noise but I could see someone in a room close to the highway would be annoyed. Other then that everything was excellent. Staff was very friendly and greeted quickly. They were all eager to please. Room decor was good but not excellent. If you stay try PJ's Steak for dinner. It is one of the best meals we have had in the valley in a long time. Overall way above average and we plan on taking the family back this summer.

• Stayed: April 2006