“Wonderfully Romantic!”

Villagio Inn and Spa
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Reviewed January 20, 2006

I can't say enough about the Villagio! My boyfriend and I just spent an evening at the Villagio for a romantic getaway and we had a wonderful time! We had booked and outside courtyard room at $225 and upon arrival they had upgraded us to an inside courtyard room. Staff was extremely helpful and courteous from the moment we arrived everything was taken care of. Check in was a breeze, we were given a great recomendation for an early Dinner at Hurleys except after sitting down to eat the power went out due to a downed telephone pole. The staff lit candles (we were the only two in the restaurant) and we had a few drinks before going back to our room and ordering room service. He had some kind of beef with mashed potatoes and baby vegetables and I being the vegetarian had the pear salad with some kind of cheese and a fantastic balsamic dressing. Are room was quite large and very plush. And the bed was very comfortable. In the evening we opened a bottle of sparkling wine that we had brought with us and moved our two ottomans in front of the fireplace. We sat in front of the fire for a few hours until it started to die out and then we called down for another log which arrived promptly. At around 10pm that evening the front desk called to say that the bellman had a special delivery, I figured they had the wrong room. My sweetie had mentioned it was my birthday on making our reservations and they had sent up a bottle of sparkling wine and two flutes with a birthday card! I thought that was a wonderful touch. The vanity area was very large and the robes were very comfortable. Late that night we decided to try out the tub and ran a bubble bath, with two people in the tub it was pergect with a little room to spare. Instead of going down to the free breakfast in the morning we opted for room service breakfast in bed. I had the seasonal fruit and berries with mint honey sauce and he had the egg and cheese croissant with breakfast potatoes and we both had the fresh squeezed oj. It truly was a memorable romantic evening. And we can't wait to go back! For anyone thinking of choosing this property, don't hesitate to book, it will be an evening you'll never forget.

• Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank Jenn31

Reviewed January 1, 2006

My husband and friends and I checked into the Villagio on Thursday, December 29th. It was lightly drizzling, but the fireplace in the reception area was warm and inviting.
In the morning, the rain continued, but the beautiful champagne breakfast by the fireplace warmed our spirits and encouraged us to go tasting. More rain and our friends had a massage scheduled, so my husband and I dropped them back at the Villagio after just one winery. We decided to try our appointment in Calistoga, and as we pulled into Chateau Montelena, we heard a flood warning on the news. Not knowing exactly where we were in relation to the water, we pushed on. We weathered a 2 hour tour that took us outdoors through ankle deep flood water, but had a great adventure. Of course our trip back to the Villagio was worse, as the rain was coming down so hard that it was nearly impossible to see the flood barriers.
We made it back and woke up New Years Eve to find out that some eight inches of rain had fallen overnight. We kept hearing and seeing fire trucks that were going out to rescue people trapped in their homes or cars stuck in the water. No one was sure which roads were open, so after another fabulous breakfast, we ventured out to our appointment at Niebaum-Coppola. It was like Chevy Chase pulling up to Wally World in "Vacation." The gates were locked and no one was answering the phones there.
We decided to drive on and nearly got trapped in St. Helena by the flash flood that ensued. We went south of Yountville, thinking the roads would be better. Instead we got about 3 minutes down Route 29 to find the highway under several feet of water. A few cars had been caught in the water and even a bus was floating across Route 29! We went back to the Villagio to find the other guests of the sold out hotel wandering around. We decided to suck it up and head to the awesome outdoor hot tub and heated pool. The staff gave us a bottle of champagne from the brunch, and eventually bent the rules for us to have champagne and food in the hot tub/pool area. If you didn't know that there was a natural disaster going on outside the walls of the hotel, the staff would never have given it away. I have to give Colby the concierge the highest marks, as she not only calmly dealt with the stranded guests, but when our New Years Eve dinner reservations at Domaine Chandon were cancelled (a lot of restaurants didn't have staff to open)she busted her butt to find us another place to celebrate on such a crazy night.
Despite the rain, the service was impeccable and we enjoyed our stay at the Villagio Inn and Spa. We would love to come back when the weather is better.
I can't wait!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2005
2  Thank set2sail
Reviewed November 27, 2005

All right... Loved this location..... All those that have stated Sonoma is better... I disagree..
I LOVE everything about Napa and Yountville is the perfect central location as well as the VILLAGIO being the best place to stay.
Grounds are beautiful
Town has everything
Rooms and especially bathrooms are very nice
and they go way above in terms of breakfast that is included.
Had a facial at the spa and would recommend the spa too.. They had a lot of products in the bathrooms at the spa that made it like a separate treatment on its own.

We stayed on the first floor by the pool in a suite with a fireplace. Basically a extra large hotel room, nothing over the top but traveling with kids nice to have a little extra space. We stayed our last two nights of our vacation here and it was the perfect end to a wonderful holiday.

One side note to mention...If we are able to go back I would request a 2nd floor room. All of the post are correct in saying you can hear every step upstair from down below.. It didn't really bother us we were so tired and were still able to enjoy the room and sleep but given the choice request a second floor room.
Kinda strange side note.. Try the fresh lemonade at night..The lemons are grown right on property. In the mornining they had the best egg salad we have ever had..Never a big egg salad fan but are now..

Wonderful pool area love the queen size chaise lounges and love the view of the fountians down the entire inside corridor on the property.

Some ofthe guest are ridiculous... Each morning we were entertained by loud obnoxious showy people. One party were gushing how every bit of the 2,000 dollar dinner was worth it the night before and then the next morning an engaged couple talked way too loud about if they made more money than the people they had asked to be in their wedding. Can we say money doesn't buy happiness or class, but it sure is nice when it helps you stay in nice places as the Villagio.

I was comfortable paying the 250.00 a night receiving an upgrade and a bottle of wine as well as champagne. With all the other things included, well worth it.

We look forward to returning to the Villagio one day....

• Stayed: November 2005
9  Thank work2travel70
Reviewed November 20, 2005

We visit Napa Valley once a year in November for an annual culinary conference, and we usually stay in St. Helena. This was the first year in Yountville at the Villagio, and it was great. The rooms are nice, wonderful bedding, very comfortable, and the breakfast and afternoon tea were first class. In addition, the pool is heated and very nice, the grounds are lovely, and the location is perfect. Yountville is a very nice town with restaurants, markets and shops all in walking distance. We did not go to the French Laundry, but I am sure that others in the hotel did. This is a fancy place with a little of that Napa Valley pretense - everyone is so sophisticated about wine and the finer things in life. I would not call it snobbery, but there is an air of "The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous". Add that together with early morning hangovers and you get a bit of the the uptightness that is no fault of the Villagio, but it there, nonetheless. We got a call from the front desk because we were walking too loud across the floor one morning for the occupants below. Oh well.

Anyway, that is no reason to rule this place out. If you can afford it, this is the place. Wake up early and watch the balloons take off over the hotel. Wow.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank MaineSherpa
Reviewed November 13, 2005

We stayed in a second story inside room in September 2005. It was really perfect. The rooms are huge, with fireplace and a small balcony. Incredibly comfortable beds. The setting is peaceful. The pool is amazing with huge chaise lounge chairs and even double setees with umbrellas. The spa is great with its own little pool that is superb as well. I didn't stay in the exterior lower level rooms and assume it's not nearly as nice, but our room was really perfect. The daily champagne brunch is a spread that is more extensive and delicious than any I've ever had. I've stayed in many luxury hotels nationally and internationally and the Villagio is the best. Plus, Yountville at Harvest time is as good as it gets as well! Can't say enough.

3  Thank BayArea3
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, MA
Reviewed November 9, 2005

My wife and I spent 2 nights and 3 days at the Villagio in mid-November. The room was beautiful and we loved the fireplace in the room. We had reserved a 1st floor king room but were upgraded to the 2nd floor room with an inner courtyard view without even asking. The view of the fountains from the blacony was amazing. My wife and I both enjoyed masssages at the spa which was also great. The complimentary breakfasts in the morning were amazing. There are plenty of excellent restaurants within walking distance including Bouchon and the Wine Garden. Also, the location of the hotel in "wine country" was excellent - right in the middle of things. Overall, you can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 12, 2005

My husband and I spent three days at the Villagio Inn and Spa during the first week in October. The room was an inner court suite on the second floor. Although we were near the highway, the noise was minimal. The decor of the room was gorgeous and the bed was very comfortable. The setup of the room was convenient because there was an alcove with a sitting area to read in without disturbing my husband in the morning. We loved the grounds so much that we went to a local grocery and bought some nice sandwiches, cheeses, wine, chocolate and had a romantic dinner by the outdoor fireplace - it was like heaven. Breakfast was great and the pool was awesome. I will definitely return to Villagio......

2  Thank Gypsy1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Vintage House
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer
North Block Hotel
North Block Hotel
#4 of 6 in Yountville

Been to Villagio Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!