“Fantastic--Reviews Underated!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
pa
“Fantastic--Reviews Underated!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

We found the Villagio to be beyond our expectations - the photos and reviews were just so-so and booked for the location. Centrally located in the valley and ideal for visiting wineries by day and dining at some of the better restaurants in Yountville, make Villagio an ideal choice, if you don't want to drive far after a big meal and dining. Continental breakfast was plentiful (wonderful omlettes to order) and late afternoon wine and cheese were not lavish, but very, very nice. More than enough complimentary wine and champagne available. Stayed for two nights. Conciege more than helpful in printing out boarding passes, making dinner reservations and bike rentals. Spa is lovely is couldn't be nicer with plenty of products, saunas and streams to put you in the mood for the rest of your day. Rooms nice, fireplace, complimentary wine, nice bedding with Molton Brown products in the bath. I would not hesitate to book Villagio on my next visit to the Napa Valley.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in the Napa Wine Country and chose the Villagio Inn and Spa for our hotel accomodations. The location was conveniently located near Highway 29 (where the majority of wineries are located). It was a great place to come back to after a day of wine tasting. It's also located within walking distance of some wonderful restaurants including Bottega where we enjoyed a night of fine dining that was conservatively priced. The turn down service was a nice touch along with the champagne breakfast served every morning between 7-10am. For those that enjoy a midnight dip in the pool, the pool is open 24 hours! Our room was located downstairs and you could hear some traffic from Highway 29. However, it was definitely not a deal breaker!

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

WOW! First of all, having read some of the "ok" reviews about this hotel, I was a little bit skeptical that my stay was going to be as great as I expected. I was WRONG. I would go back in a heartbeat.
First of all Frankie was working the front desk and answered a million and one questions about everything. He was wonderful.
Concierge helped us book a wine tour and sensed we kind of wanted something on a budget and really got us a great deal, with complimentary passes to wine tastings.
Breakfast every morning was not your typical "breakfast included" There was an omelette station, fresh fruit, potatoes, oatmeal, cheese, etc.
Pool area was small but VERY quiet. Definitely not a hotel for screaming kids.
Rooms were spacious with a balcony, and a complimentary wine for check in. We are not big fans of Chardonnay and asked front desk if we could have a Sauvignon Blanc or Pino Grigio and they happily obliged.
Each afternoon I got a salad with grilled chicken and the chicken was fresh and tasty.
Complimentary wine tasting on Thursday was disappointing, but that was only because we didn't care for the wines.
The hotel is in walking distance to all the restaurants, which was nice.
Great views of ballooning if you are up at 6am.
Beautifully landscaped.
Friendly and helpful staff. The pool waitress even brought my friend and I cleaning cloths for our sunglasses!
Complimentary Evian water as needed.
Overall, although I traveled with my friend, I would HIGHLY recommend for spouse/significant other. It's very romantic!
Although we didn't try, both fitness and spa facilities were complimentary to guests (not treatments) and the pool is open 24 hours.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

The reception was friendly but a little busy which can mean that they are a good hotel and are taking care of everything or that they are a hotel that has no clue what's going on. For this stay I would say that they are a good place.
The room was dark, that's my over all memory of the space. Even as the door to the terrace was wide open and the blinds were opened the room was dark, strange. Anyway besides my curiosity regarding the natural lighting issue the room was a good size including a sitting area, a separate bathroom from the duel sinks and dressing area. The king sized, four pot bed was very comfortable and had some sexy lighting above it and a fire place near by. The room's amenities were good, n espresso machine, a complimentary bottle of wine, a large flat screen TV that turns on to a relaxing program of classical music and a slide show of impressionist art.
The grounds of the complex are delightful with various fountains decorating the outdoor paths. A pool is available as is the spa. Ahhh, the spa! I took advantage of the guest services including, a killer, million nozzle shower that will clean you like you've never been cleaned, a sauna, a eucalyptus steam room which the attendant recommended for hangovers, an outdoor hot tub, a sitting room complete with magazines and television. These facilities are not coed but each gender has the same outlets. The spa is very pleasant and a place to look forward to visiting if you're staying here.
The Villagio Inn also is kind enough to include a complimentary breakfast which unfortunately I did not make it to. I have to say that that this estableshment is the type of place I could return to again and again!

• Stayed May 2009
Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

We had a brief time to meet a couple that go back very far with us and chose one night at Villagio in Napa. For the Monday night we found a discounted stay on their web site, well under our previous stop. But we found the Villagio even better than we remembered from a longer visit four years ago. The superbly kept gardens were worth the entire stay. Plantings now much better screen out the too close highway. Staff from arrival to departure were polite and helpful and the morning breakfast is just superb, much improved over the good standard we enjoyed before. We found the rooms big, clean and equipped as requested with suitable handicapped facilities. We look forward to going back again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2009

The Villagio was the site of a study meeting, but I stayed over an extra night with my wife. We were dropped off at the front door and noticed immediately the meticulous gardening. There's an extremely long series of fountains down the central walkway among the hotel buildings with amusing faux Italian ruins. The front desk staff were quite friendly and check in was quick (as was check out later). However, getting information on the hotel rate for the extra night required several minutes of checking back and forth. We ended up with a rate of $395 to which was added a house keeping fee of $50 (apparently housekeeping is not included in the basic rate?). Our room was just off the swimming pool on the south end of the hotel. Rooms are all in 2 story buildings that look like they have about 4 units each. Our room had an enormous king bed with small round table and chairs, a desk with another chair. At the back of the room was a balcony that looked out onto the 3 acre vineyard kept there for the Villagio. To the left of the balcony was a sitting room about half the size of the bedroom with day bed, two chairs and a coffee table. There was a small wet bar and empty refrigerator there. The fool-proof espresso machine was a very nice touch. To the left again was another doorway leading into a dressing room with closet, dresser, his and her sinks and finally the door to the bathroom. The closet contained a safe that easily accomodated a laptop computer. There were probably a total of 700-800 sq feet in the "room." The bath had an enormous jetted tub that we did not try and a shower. There were a few odd things: none of the chairs were very comfortable; the shower was quite mediocre; the lip of the bathtub made it impossible to take a shower without creating a continuous small waterfall into the rest of the bath, and it was very dim in the dressing room. There is turn-down service: they came the first night, not the second night, and we hung out the privacy sign the third night. Windows were covered by wooden slats that were charming. There is free internet, but the wireless didn't work in our room, and it was reported from my colleagues that it did not work in any of their rooms either. There was wired internet, but the cable was faulty and the connection was fitful until I substituted a cable. The power plugs for the desk were so loose that my laptop kept running on battery! Still, I'm guessing only a few people will care that much about the internet. The concierge was helpful with reservations. There was a complimentary bottle of Beringer Chardonnay upon arrival. The afternoon tea was very nice. Bikes could be rented at the front desk for $8 per hour. We ended up renting for a day from Napa Valley Bike Tours (which we found through Trip Advisor). We thought the food was very good at the hotel for our meeting. I'd come here again if it were a bit less pricey. In comparison, we've stayed at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay where the service was over the top (they greeted me by name every time I went through the lobby without me wearing a name tag), the rooms were smaller but much more comfy and the price was less than half. So yes, the Villagio is beautiful but not so comfy, service is friendly but casual, restaurants are exquisite within walking distance, and the room was enormous, but the hotel charge was the highest I've ever paid. I would probably not choose to stay here again especially when considering that we paid a "discounted" rate.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2009

Stayed one night for business and the grounds are nice and the room was large and well done. My room had a fireplace and big bathroom. Also, there was a complimentary bottle of wine waiting in the room and also a selection of wines (along with descriptions) available to purchase in a wine cabinet in the room. There is a coffee maker and espresso maker in the room. The pool area and grounds are also great. Want to come back for a weekend with friends soon.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
Andaz Napa
Andaz Napa
#3 of 30 in Napa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,872 reviews

Been to Villagio Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!