“Can't wait to go back! Amazing!!”

Villagio Inn and Spa
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Reviewed March 5, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Villagio from Feb. 12th - 15th. The hotel is amazing. We stayed in a suite directly outside the main reception area. I suggest requesting this building. It's centrally located to the main building where breakfast is & the main pool. Our room was spacious with a beautiful fireplace & deck looking out to a wine vineyard. The staff was very friendly and helpful with vineyard suggestions and dinner reservations. The pool was heated so we were able to go in it even though it was the middle of February. The breakfast which is included in your hotel rate was great. They have an omlette station set up an other great breakfast foods inside. We didn't get a chance to experience afternoon tea since we were at the vineyards at that time. The spa was really nice. We did a couples massage. They do keep the men & women seperate so my boyfriend was kinda of in another room not right next to me like I had thought. the only one complaint was the room service. One night we were tired and didn't feel like leaving. We ordered pizza & chicken quesadilla. It was disgusting! But overall it was a great hotel & I would come back in the future!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 22, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here last August and I was so impressed with the resort. Yes, the rooms could use some remodeling but we rarely in our comfortable and well appointed room. We had a fireplace and we did use it one night (chilly napa nights). The daily morning champagne buffet spread is one of the nicest I've experienced. The pool is lovely and we enjoyed ourselves lounging every afternoon after a tiring day visiting the wineries. The spa was brand new and we liked our massages. I recommend this resort to all my friends. If you are a foodie - try the restaurant "Red" across the street - excellent.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2009

This was a wonderful experience service was good the rooms do need a bit of a doing up but its not bad at all rooms are huge and very private, breakfast is brillant but the coffee was [--] everything else was brillant. stay ther for a nice after visiting San francisco on a trip to the Napa to dine in French Laundry accross the road, If you do stay in the hotel be sure to wander around this beautiful village, the hotel is pricey but worth it

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2008

Villagio Inn and Spa in Yountville, CA
November 27-30, 2008
Just returned from a glorious Thanksgiving weekend in Napa wine country. We stayed at the Villagio Inn and Spa and although we have stayed there in the past, we were pleasantly surprised to see all of the new upgrades including the new spa. The rooms were completely updated from our last visit two years ago and the staff was as pleasant and helpful as we remembered. The gratis breakfast buffet has always been a hit, but the addition of an omelet station on the patio is a nice touch. We stayed in an upstairs room that was well appointed and extremely comfortable after a day of wine tasting, but as nice as the room was, the spa was the main attraction as far as me and my wife were concerned. It is definitely state of the art and a substantial improvement over the former spa which is now used for private parties. Our treatments were the best we have ever had as they have very private spa suites which made for a unique experience. The suite has private steam/showers, whirlpool tubs, fireplaces and balconies. The staff was attentive to our every needs and plied us with food and beverages as part of the package. The location of the inn is perfect as there are no fewer than 10 restaurants within walking distance including the world class French Laundry and a short drive to many wineries. Can't wait until next year for a return engagement!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank murberg
Reviewed November 6, 2008

We were there for nearly a week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This is a very relaxing atmosphere with a very couteous, unobtrusive staff. The morning breakfast was exceptional in both variety and quality. This was our second stay here and it won't be my last. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank khanks70471
Reviewed September 29, 2008

This is one of our favorite places to stay in the wine country. My husband and I have stayed here including their sister hotel- Vintage Inn, over a dozen times.
Beautiful and spacious rooms, wonderful grounds, great pool area and an amazing 12,000 sq ft brand new Tuscan spa! Of course, their famous complimentary breakfast is a true feasts for the eyes & appetite. What a location- walking distance to some of the best restaurants offered in the country (French Laundry, Bouchon, Bistro Jeanty, etc.). Can't ask for more.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank finetraveler0
Reviewed September 24, 2008

Let me start with the positives. The staff is really efficient in a low-key way. They smile when they greet you and really aim to please. The champagne breakfast is a lovely affair with made to order waffles, eggs, etc. The never ending supply of fruits and cheeses made it a great breakfast for both my husband and me. Sorry to say we never made it back to the hotel to enjoy afternoon tea but I am sure it was a relaxing way to spend some time. The Molton Brown toiletries were smashing as well!

Unfortunately the rest of the resort was a huge disappointment. I don't know which rooms other reviewers stayed in but I suggest avoiding room 225. The room has a view of the paring lot and not much else, a mattress that feels like it has been in the room since the hotel opened. stained or badly painted bathroom ceiling (not sure which but it is a dirty brown color) and a mish-mash of furnishing. The bed coverings had also seen a lot of use. And unfortunately one hears ALL the noise from the road and the adjoining room!

We usually stay at The Vintage Inn just down the road. It is ever so slightly more intimate, the noise level is substantially less and it too has the great breakfast/afternoon teas. The decor is a lot less "tired" and the staff is equally accommodating. The two properties are run by the same firm (who now also run the catalog company called NapaStyle)so the differences in accommodations are surprising.

Hopefully the hotel is working on a redecoration of the hotel otherwise I fear that there will not be many more positive reviews.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank brooksz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
North Block Hotel
North Block Hotel
#4 of 6 in Yountville
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer

Been to Villagio Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!