“Perfection in Utopia”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Perfection in Utopia”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Spent 4 days at this little slice of heaven. The complimentary cheese plate and wine were such a nice touch when we walked in to our very spacious room. I'm a sucker for bathrooms and this one didn't disappoint. LARGE tub to sink into after a day out and about, plus the dual sinks with plenty of space in between made it a pleasure for two to get ready. Plush robes that made it feel like a spa day just getting out of the shower. Bed was super comfy with pillows that I'm actually going to call the hotel to ask where they buy them from. Never wanted to get out of it! Patio with French doors also a great touch to let the beautiful CA air in.
Service was impeccable. Friendly, courteous and accommodating. Top notch all the way.
I can't forget to mention the complimentary breakfast. In a word. Outstanding. In two. Mimosas Bloody Mary's. Made to order omlette's with all sorts of goodies. Great start to the day. Then just walk up a couple blocks and get a double peanut butter cookie from Bouchon or a drink at the Bistro. Still wish I was there….

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Maryland
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My husband and I spent five days at The Villagio, and loved everything about it! First of all, the location is fabulous. Within walking distance of everything Yountville has to offer...amazing restaurants, multiple wine tasting rooms, we even walked to the beautiful winery of Domaine Chandon. The hotel itself is beautiful...reminiscent of a Tuscan town. We were in a second floor suite...the room was spacious, cozy and comfortable. We were greeted with a bottle of wine, and we lit a romantic fire in the fireplace each night. The staff couldn't have been friendlier and more accommodating. My husband visited the fitness club each morning, and I availed myself of the beautiful spa. We started each day with complimentary mimosas or bloody marys and made to order omelettes at the breakfast buffet, which we enjoyed on the sunny terrace. Then we were off to explore Yountville and all that the surrounding area had to offer. We loved it!

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside, away from the highway are much quieter.
1 Thank nuwest222
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The Villagio is centrally located with lots of great restaurants and shops around. Yountville is central too in that you can get to most wineries within 10-15 mins. The grounds with beautiful fountains and roses are beyond beautiful and transport you to another country. Everything is maintained and clean. The scent from the flowers blooming is intoxicating. We only stayed one night unfortunately but I highly recommend the Villagio. The pool and jacuzzi is 24 hours and you have use of the steam and sauna. Breakfast was delicious and fresh with a mimosa and bloody mary bar. The rooms were very large but a bit dark for my taste. I wish they were updated more. Everything was very clean though. Complimentary bottle of wine was a nice addition. They had a Nespresso machine and L'Occitane toiletries.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jfnytravels
seattle
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I love it when pools are open 24 hours. Big rooms with a fireplace and balcony. Great staff and location. Check out the spa and enjoy the Swedish shower and jot tub area for free when staying at the hotel

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main road.
1 Thank sfmichaela
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I have always wanted to visit the Napa Valley and decided to make the trip with my daughter. We stayed the last week of March for four nights. One never knows what to expect when picking a hotel blindly, and depending only on the reviews of others. Villagio Inn and Spa had great reviews, and I feel like Tripadvisor has never steered me wrong, so I made the decision based on that. I am so glad that I did! I had made a special request of the hotel in advance of my arrival, and they never hesitated to help me. I was impressed before we arrived, and even more so during our stay.

The grounds are beautiful - immaculate and green. After a harsh Ohio winter, it was a sight for sore eyes. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Ours was on the ground floor, our patio next to the fountains which provided a calming sound at night. The breakfast buffet is wonderful, with champagne and mimosas flowing, and omelettes made to order. High tea in the afternoon provided a break from the wine tasting and a chance to regroup before dinner.

The location of the Inn couldn't be better, and I would absolutely stay here again. You can park the car and easily walk to all of the restaurants and shops that Yountville has to offer. It is the kind of town that makes you want to move there and stay forever. Because we were there so early in the year, the vineyards were bare, but still beautiful. The area was uncrowded and we were able to move about freely, not having to deal with traffic.

And then there is the spa-aaah. How perfect that guests can use the spa amenities at any time during their stay. We loved to visit each night and relax in the hot tub and unwind after a long day of wine tasting. On Wednesday, we both had massages, and I can truly say that it was the best massage I have ever had. I do love a deep massage, and oh boy, I got what I asked for. I still laugh now thinking that I felt the effects the following day, but the knots were certainly worked out for me!

Thank you, everyone for the wonderful stay and the special attention we received. Ann, thank you for your phone call tonight, addressing the one slightly less than perfect comment I had made regarding the room. It's clear that you pay attention to your guests and strive to make each and every visit perfect for every guest. It is this type of attention that will have me raving to my friends about your hotel and will surely bring me back to this gem.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank catgreenize
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The Inn is quite a charming find. Despite it being directly on the main road, and backed by the highway, it's a sliver of paradise. The rooms are lovely. The beds so comfortable I would have liked to import them to my home. The landscaping is very pretty. It is clearly lovingly maintained. There is a nice pool and of course lovely outside and inside areas to enjoy for breakfast. Speaking of which, where else could you find warm Banana Bread Pudding served at breakfast? With champagne?! It's an easy walk to Bouchon, Bottega, etc. The staff was very nice. The spa area and massage I had were lovely. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Go for the second floor if you can
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank NadineMP
NYC
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I made a reservation here for five nights, after doing tons of research. (was torn between the Vintage Inn and the Villagio but I'm so happy I picked the latter).
We were upgraded to an upstairs room (208). Granted, it was facing the parking lot and you could hear some traffic, but it wasn't nearly as loud as I was expecting based on the reviews here. We had a lovely fire place and deck. The beds are insanely comfortable & the towels soft and plush (it's the little things...)
It has been said but bears repeating that the brunch is phenomenal. Unlimited champagne? Omelette station? Bread pudding??? Mmmm we didn't even have to have lunch while we were here since our brunch was so good. The spa facilities were excellent and our masseuse was wonderful. The concierge helped with our reservation at The French Laundry. It's perfectly located. I could go on and on....just stay here!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elisaanyc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Vintage House
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer
Napa Valley Lodge
Napa Valley Lodge
#2 of 6 in Yountville

Been to Villagio Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!