“Restful weekend getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Chicago
“Restful weekend getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2008

I really enjoyed my stay at the Villagio and would recommend it to anyone visiting the Napa valley wineries.

The morning breakfast buffet is fabulous, includes both hot and cold offerings and was much enjoyed by us both. The rooms are charming, comfortable and spacious and decorated in a way that feels like home away from home.

The Villagio also has a central location in Yountville and is within a short walking distance to terrific restaurants such as Bouchon and Bistro Jeanty.

Loved our stay there and hope to back one day soon.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2008

I stayed here for a small New Year's trip with my boyfriend a few years back and it was unforgettable. I got a massage and a mud wrap and practically fell asleep because it was so soothing. The room was huge and we had our own private balcony. The bathroom also and a jacuzzi. We didn't go swimming because it was raining really hard. All in all, I had a great time.

The breakfast buffet was excellent.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — hard to say.
  • Stayed January 2005
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2008

The Villagio Inn and Spa is an upscale hotel in Yountville. The location is ideal, and Yountville is one of the best places to stay in Napa. The room was nice, a few nice touches (complimentary bottle of wine waiting for us, nice Nexpresso espresso machine, plenty of bottled water, etc.). The room was also nice size, and had a fireplace. The pool and hot tub were nice, the pool was heated and was nice and warm. The Champagne breakfast (included with room) was very good, worth about $20 per person I'd say. We walked through the new spa, looks very nice (didn't use it though). The location is great, you are directly across the street from Bistro Jeanty (was great) and is a SHORT walk to Bouchon, Redd, Ad Hoc, French Laundry, etc. The quantity of great restaurants you can go to without getting into your car is astounding. There is also a nice little shopping area right next to the hotel with some nice shops. Yountvillie is very close to many of the popular wineries, it is no more than about 30 minutes to 80 or 90% of the wineries. The only real problem we had at Villagio (and what got it my rating of 4 instead of 5) is that we didn't have hot water one morning and could not shower. This was pretty frustrating at such an upscale resort (some breaker got flipped or something like that). The good news is when I complained at check out they were very accommodating and took a nice amount of money off my bill, so I felt that they definitely made amends. Over all, Villagio is one of the nicer places to stay in all of wine country.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
West Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2008

I'll start off with a word re other recent reviews: There is no longer any construction at this hotel. In fact, I have seldom stayed in a quieter hotel. We had two adjoining rooms: a pleasant suite and a normal room. Both were well appointed, clean, and no smell of smoke anywhere, including the towels. (My pet peeve is a smoky hotel towel.)
The check-in was pleasant and efficient. We were led to the room by a very nice staff member, possibly because the layout of the buildings calls for this when you first arrive. The layout is a series of two-story buildings, mostly, in my view, 2 rooms up and 2 rooms down. There is a slight Tuscan feel to the place. It has immaculately manicured grounds with lush vegetation and water features separating the buildings.
The size of the suite is possibly a little small for the price, but you will get a separate seating room, which, by the way, seemed fairly useless unless you want your children to have a separate little play area. There is a pleasant but tiny patio, a nice size closet and a fine bathroom.
The size of the normal room was fine and it had the same size (tiny) patio where you could sit and read or enjoy the lemon trees just outside. The rooms are rather dark in the daytime, but that helps with feeling cooler on a hot day. But you won't want to spend a lot of daytime hours in your room while in Napa Valley, I hope!
Beds were very comfortable, bathtubs were new in appearance, and the room furnishings were fine. There was a normal-sized flat screen TV on the wall opposite the beds in each room. Nothing was rundown in any way.
The pool was perfectly pleasant, if small, with beautiful landscaping around it.
Breakfast highlights: an accomplished omelet chef and beautifully ripe fruit. Everything was fresh, even towards the end of the breakfast period when we were there. There was a much better selection of foods besides the usual breakfast fare. Kudos for them having hot oatmeal... such a healthy choice.

The location, in Yountville in central Napa Valley, cannot be beat for convenience. It is within walking distance of L'Etoile at Domaine Chandon, and there is, we were told, two great little restaurants across the street. There is, however, no view from most of the rooms.
Women with whom we were traveling enjoyed the spa.
All in all, this is a very pleasant little hotel I would revisit.

One piece of advise: When you request a wake up call, be sure they have your room number. Phone back and double check your wake up call.
Better yet, always take your own travel-size alarm clock. I forgot mine and - Murphys Law - two different hotels on this trip missed my wake up calls!

• Liked — It was immaculate.
  • Disliked — Staff missed my wake-up call.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2008

I was given a free room at this hotel. It is nice and I love waking up to hot air balloons in the a.m. but for the price I just expect more, that is why I was happy I was not paying!! :)

Nice breakfast in the a.m. and cute little pool. Spa onsite that is nice and walking distance to great restaurants. Go to Ad Hoc for dinner!
Molten Brown products and fireplace inside the rooms so that is a nice touch but not wowed!

Stayed April 2007
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2008

We have just spent 2 nights at the Villagio for a mid-week getaway. This is our 3rd visit to the Villagio in the last 7 years, and unfortunately, it seems to be showing it's age. Rooms seem a little worn, and down-at-the-heels. Bathrooms are sparsely decorated with only a few amenities, bathrobes are clean but have been over-laundered. Carpeting and paint need updating. I got a good rate (February, mid-week, so not high season) of $195/night, but had I been paying peak rates, I would have been sorely disappointed.

This being said, king beds were very comfortable, the in-room wine cellar had a nice selection of little-known wines, hotel staff is very helpful and courteous. Gym facilities are off-site, at a community fitness center, so be prepared to wait for a treadmill or a bike. Breakfast is included and is a very nice spread. Try the bread pudding!! Outstanding.

Overall, not a bad place, but compared to my first two visits, has declined a bit. Definitely not luxury accommodation, but an acceptable place to put your head.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelvixen9
ny
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Villagio for our anniversary in October. We have stayed at many 'boutique' hotels as well as high end hotels and this hotel was neither. It is basically a glorified motel off the highway.

I had heard that the hotel was under construction and called the hotel a few weeks prior to our arrival to request a room away from the construction. They said my request would be accommodated upon arrival. When we arrived at the hotel, they told us that despite our request, the only rooms they had available were actually near the construction. We didn't get any sort of apology from the manager and we got zero acknowledgment that it was our anniversary (even though when I booked it, I let them know. Unlike our stay in the Hotel Vitale in San Francisco where upon arrival we were greeted with cards, flowers, and champagne for our anniversary).

Our room was definitely spacious and had nice smelling molton brown products, but the room was far from clean. There were ants in the room and the furniture & paint was run down.

The "Champagne Brunch" was terrible - stale bagels, bread, hard cheeses, powdered eggs and over done sausage. We did take advantage of the pool area which was actually well kept. The hot tub was nice and we reclined on the big couch like lounge chairs.

On our second day at the Villagio, we received a message on our phone saying we had an "amenity at the front desk". Any hotel we've ever stayed at has always had the amenity waiting in our room when we arrived (such as complimentary bottle of champagne). We called the front desk and asked if the amenity could be delivered to our room but they insisted we must go pick it up. We were leaving on a plane so at that point we had no need for whatever it was they were going to offer us.

Luckily, we were there in Yountville to tour the amazing wineries in Napa so we didn't spend too much time in our room. The only advantage to staying at the Villagio was that it was walking distance to some of the best restaurants. We ate at Bouchon which was amazing. I would also recommend Auberge du Soleil for dinner (ate the best Risotto ever there).

All in all, our stay at the Villagio was mediocre and we were very disappointed with the facilities. But, we loved Napa and the town of Yountville so we had a terrific time regardless of our experience at the Villagio.

• Disliked — Service was terrible and hotel was not that clean
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank sjtenem
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
Andaz Napa
Andaz Napa
#3 of 30 in Napa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,872 reviews

Been to Villagio Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!