“Romantic and Relaxing”

Villagio Inn and Spa
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Amazing landscaping will welcome you! The grounds are beautiful! The rooms are luxurious with a ton of space. Staff was all friendly and inviting. Concierge set us up with the most wonderful private driver that took us to her house where she makes her own chardonnay (this was the "first" time she had done this so don't expect it from drivers). Breakfast was good with an omelette and waffle stations. The spa was the amazing, fireplaces, steam room, sauna and private baths. Spa even stays open after hours and the pool and hot tub are open 24 hours. Everything is a short walk from your hotel. Best part was the fireplace in the room and cuddling up to your significant other.

1  Thank Katy A

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at the Villagio a few years ago and loved it. This time we were only there for one night, but it was almost as good. Some of the decor in the room is looking a little tired, but overall I would definitely recommend the Villagio. We were welcomed with a complimentary bottle of chardonnay in our large, comfortable room. The included breakfast in the morning is substantial (I recommend getting an omelette or eggs made to order) and convenient. Staff were friendly, and the location can't be beat! Almost a dozen fabulous restaurants are within walking distance - it's always a challenge to decide which one to go to! A great base for exploring Napa Valley.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cande D
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

showed up at 2pm and was told they have 4pm guarantee for rooms so I waited patiently. went out and then asked again at 3:50. not quite ready. received a call at 4:30 letting me know my room was ready and my bags were in the room. yes..room was finally ready however bags were not in my room. Loved the room despite the many spiders. very nice rooms. I enjoyed the warm white wine upon arrival. I then decided to check out the pool. Also very nice. however after ordering a drink and waiting and waiting and waiting...finally I decided to leave the pool area when a staff member then lets me know they aren't able to make my drink as they didn't have the mix. I mentioned my poor experience to a few staff members who looked at me with a blank stare. finally...upon checkout where they had the wrong name in the system I asked about the 4pm room guarantee and about the poor service. Lucky me I received 10% off of one night after having to make an ordeal of it. although I love the hotel itself and location...service needs a lot of work.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank rubyha
SNDempsey, Director of Operations at Villagio Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

To our valued guest we extend our sincere apologies, it appears that you experienced several lapses in guest service. First off, we apologize for not having appropriated your luggage in a timely manner, we hope that it did make it to your room shortly thereafter. In light of the fact that we're unable to obtain your room number or location through your review, I have asked our housekeeping and facilities managers to diligently inspect all rooms for spiders as this is a very unusual observation for our hotel, Villagio prides itself on a history of providing our guests with nothing but the cleanest and insect-free guest rooms possible. I regret that we were not able to produce and serve your drink of choice during your pool visit, no matter how busy our pools can be the minimum expectation is that you get the drink as presented on our cocktail list. Lastly, we apologize for the confusion at the front desk upon check out, it is very odd that your name was correct at check-in but not at check out. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you'd like to discuss. Sean Dempsey, Director of Operations (707) 945-4544.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is probably the nicest place we have had the chance to stay at, for our honeymoon, and we LOVED it. The service is impeccable. They include a breakfast each day that is to die for. The rooms are quiet, incredibly clean and large. The pool and spa are open 24 hours, which is great. We were lucky enough to get some hot weather so we enjoyed the pool which was right outside our room.

The spa facilities are also open to the guests - go over and steam and enjoy them, even if you don't do a treatment.

We drove into Napa but thought that Yountville was a much prettier, smaller place to hang. We LOVED it. A tiny bit of noise from the highway could be noticed if you were at the pool, but not a big deal.

It's an expensive place, but well worth the splurge.

Room Tip: I don't know that there is a bad room in the place! We were by the pool and enjoyed easy access.
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this absolutely beautiful hotel on our recent trip too Yountville. It is located walking distance to all of the restaurants. The complementary breakfast was great and was very relaxing (unlike a typical hotel breakfast buffet). The service was the best part of this hotel.

I purchased tickets last minute to the Bottle Rock concert and needed to print the tickets. I emailed the concierge Mia to see if she could print the tickets for me. I had the tickets in my hand not even three minutes later. Also, I forgot my phone charger in my room after I checked out. No problems. Housekeeping wrapped it up for me and I picked it up the following day.

Villagio is one of the best hotels that we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is a wonderful little gem! It is a boutique like hotel in the middle of the Napa Valley.

The accomodations are wonderful, my room had a nice fireplace and a gorgeous spacious bathroom. The hotel itself is quaint, the staff is very friendly and willing to do anything necessary to assure their guest a fantastic experience. Did I mention that they have a fabulous champagne brunch breakfast each morning? It is fantastic and just what you need to get in the mood to relax and enjoy the heart of the Wine Country.

The location...perfect. It is walking distance from Bouchon, French Laundry, a Mexican Restaurant (I can't remember the name) down the street. It is just perfect to have these world class eateries just minutes away from your lavish accomodations.

Lastly The Villagion has a very nice spa. I had a massage and was not disappointed. What it the best ever...no. But for a boutique hotel it was VERY nice. I would highly recommend for full relaxation mode.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goodlife123
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Nice rooms and great staff make this a very good place for exploring Napa. It is conveniently located in Yountville near a lot of dinner options and is an easy drive to many wineries. The included breakfast is very nice. All the rooms have a small outside sitting area which is very pleasant for an afternoon break with a bottle of wine.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
North Block Hotel
North Block Hotel
#4 of 6 in Yountville
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer

Been to Villagio Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!