All reviewsomelette stationhigh teaomelet barnapa valleyinterior roomwine tastingmade to order omeletschampagne breakfastwine countryfrench laundrysister propertygrounds are beautifulduraflame logwithin walking distancepastriesa nice touchincluded breakfast
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here after a trip to San Francisco and it was everything and more of what we had heard. Awesome upstairs unit with a bed my fiance didn't want to leave!! No, it wasn't my uncanny ability to keep her captive with my charm......it was the bed itself. It was a task to get her going to her massage once she snuggled in! About the massages. Hers: very good. Mine: less than average. It happens sometimes I assume, but nonetheless, the spa facility was top notch!
The grounds are very nice, but we arrived after autumn had set in and most of the foliage had disappeared. A nice little store right across the street had all that stuff we like to get on our little trysts.....great wine and cheese selection and all the other stuff we shouldn't be eating but indulge in on these little adventures. Bottom line: class act and yes, expensive. Look for specials when available. We've stayed at the Villagio's sister property, Vintage Inn, up the street and we both agreed we prefer the Vintage Inn. The grounds are a bit more mature and the rooms have a bit more character. You can't go wrong with either property.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Loved the hotel and Yountville! The complimentary breakfast and mimosas were wonderful! The rooms are spacious and equipped with everything you could hope for when traveling, including a state of the art espresso machine and fireplace. The staff is friendly and the hotel overall is a true find for the price.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 23, 2013

What Villagio did well, they did quite well. What they didn't do well, they just didn't. For an Inn that seemingly commands the room rate that Villagio requires, you would have thought it would have been an "A" plus Experience all the way around.

What they did right: hot chocolate on arrival, breakfast, staff, spa, turn down service, and location.

What they didn't do right: room temperature, water pressure, tiny bathroom, and a very uninspired room Decor.

We have stayed at many, many places in the wine country over the past 15 years, and Villago's location and accessibility to Yountville was second to none. But at over $400 a night, I expected an opulent room. On the Sonoma side you have Vintners Inn that has impressively furnished rooms, and the feel of being at home away. Villago is Spartan by comparison. There was so much extra space, no comfortable spot to sit, and the fireplace could handle not much more than a butane lighter before exceeding the manufacturers recommended burning capacity. Clearly, money was spent on things where traffic was high and not where only a few would notice. Faux walls should not look dirty in low light but our room's did.

This should have been a home run, but wasn't. If you want location and don't mind treaking down to the spa for a great shower, this might be the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Slaintebmr
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I recently stayed here for three nights on my bachelorette party. We chose Yountville for its walk-able nature and central location and were not disappointed in the Villagio Inn & Spa. Where to start? The breakfast is AMAZING. Like another reviewer said: there is something for everyone. I wanted to eat healthy and was able to get egg whites in my omelets and have organic yogurt and granola. The others who wished to indulge in waffles, biscuits, etc. could.

We were probably very obnoxious being on a bachelorette trip but the staff was super accomodating. The driver, Kenny even took us down the street to pick up dinner and the next night took us to dinner because it was just a little too cold and far to walk in heels :).

The spa is also one of the best. Not only was the massage wonderful, but they also provide you with complimentary sparkling wine and great food while you wait! We could have stayed there all day.

The grounds are great. The rooms are great. It was all great.

Some people complain about highway noise. We had a room close on that side and while I could hear the noise, it did not bother me...could have been all the wine we drank too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We really enjoyed are last stay in Yountville at the Inn and Spa. There were several amenities including the spa itself and daily breakfast that made our vacation that much better. Great location as well with an easy walk to several wonderful restaurants.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms near the highway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple