All reviewsomelette stationhigh teaomelet barnapa valleyinterior roomwine tastingmade to order omeletschampagne breakfastwine countryfrench laundrysister propertygrounds are beautifulduraflame logwithin walking distancepastriesa nice touchincluded breakfast
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This is my husband and I's second time in yountville,CA. It was our first time staying at the Villagio. The grounds were beautiful! We enjoyed that you could walk all the way down throughthe hotel to the V market and beyond.

We got room 102, which was right across from the pool. The room was not bad but we've stayed nicer for this price. You will encounter the louder air conditioning(like in other reviews) but it did not bother us-kind of white noise. The room was little bit dim for doing makeup(important) but it might have just been our room.

Breakfast was good with an omlette station, so if you are gluten free this was a positive. Coffee was good too, which is always awesome:)

They serve wine Friday and Saturday from 5-7pm. This was a nice feature. This was layed out with a cheese and stuffed pepper station, everything was yummy. Lovely live piano in the background.

We really enjoyed this hotel but you are paying a lot at this time of year just to be here at this time of year:)

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 29, 2012

A fantastic hotel with excellent staff and amenities, service was exceptional and location could not be faulted.

HOWEVER - We asked for a quiet room as I am a relatively light sleeper, we were put into a room that overlooked the swimming pool through the patio doors, but not 100 ft out of the window was the main freeway, even having the air con and fan running all night could not drown out the vehicle noise which caused me to have a very restless couple of nights sleep.

IF AT ALL POSSIBLE - avoid these rooms and ask for a main road view.......

Room Tip: Keep away from road facing rooms
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We loved the beautiful grounds, champagne breakfast, and casual atmosphere but we were very disappointed with pur accommodations. We were part of a group and were informed by hotel staff when we explained our room had 2 small beds but we requested a king, that we had only paid 425per night and therefore we get whatever was available. We were not impressed that somehow we were stuck in one of two handicap accessible rooms. As those rooms are generally kept available for someone who requires them, we truly felt like second class guests. We loved the couples massage at the spa and the beautiful spa suite that we had for 3 hours! The infinity tubs with the outdoor fireplace was awesome!
Another note... My boyfriend proposed on this trip... It kind of took away that on this special occasion we were treated like we were not as specialas the other guests. Most of the people there were with groups so I doubt we were the only people with the 425oom rate

Room Tip: Double and triple check to ensure you get a bed that can accommodate you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
SNDempsey, Manager at Hotel Villagio, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

We appreciate our guest’s feedback and regret her disappointing experience at Villagio. This guest was associated with a social group that secured a “block” or group of guest rooms contracted as what is referred to as a “run of house” rate which affords our client and their guests a lower rate in exchange for the hotel’s autonomy to assign the rooms in a non-specific manner, i.e location, room type, bed type, etc.. I personally followed up with an apology to our guest and stated that if my staff had been in a position to move her to her preferred room type we certainly would have but unfortunately there were no other options available during her stay due to the fact that our hotel was sold out. I hope this explanantion makes sense to our readers as Villagio constantly strives for happy guests as many of our TripAdvisor reviewers can attest to. On behalf of the staff of Villagio, I extend my sincerest congratulations to our guest on her recent engagement and apologize for her displeasure with her accommodations.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Having lived in Northern California, we've made many weekend trips to wine country and have stayed in many different hotels; but this one was, far and away, the BEST! The grounds are gorgeous, replete with art and fountains. The rooms are HUGE, and the beds are so comfortable. It's ideally situated -- walking distance from Michael Chiarello's Bottega and Napa Style and "V" market and near Hwy. 29, the main road through wine country. Breakfast, included, was fabulous! I didn't have a chance to try the spa, but several friends did; and they had a wonderful experience.

If you're celebrating a special occasion -- or just need a "splurge" weekend -- I recommend Villagio. It's ahhhhh-some!

1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We spent a week at Villagio on an incentive trip with my employer. It is a beautiful property and all of the food we had was delicious. Breakfast is included but is served just off the lobby which can get crowded. There is out door seating too but be prepared by taking a jackets mornings can be very chilly. We had some service snags.... We drove and had to wait so long for a bellman to meet us where we parked tat we finally carried our luggage up the steps by ourselves. Upon check in we were asked what time we wanted our room cleaned and what time we wanted turn down. Turn down arrived an hour early 2 days in a row so we called to get tat straight.
They have a very nice spa and you have free use of I teach day. Spa treatments are very expensive. And they add 18% gratuity unless you tell them not to and then pay the provider with cash. Gratuities can add up when my wife' s facial was $135 and my massage was $270.
The room was very nice. The bed was extra comfy. Te rest of the furniture was hard as a rock. The room was also very dark. The temps were mid 80's all week and there was only one A/C unit in the room which made the sitting room and large dressing area and bathroom pretty hot most of the time. I have stayed at places that were nicer, had better service, and were less expensive.

Room Tip: All buildings are 2 stories and there are no elevators. The pool is open 24 hours so you may want to avoid rooms near the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business