Having stayed at the Villagio's sister property, the Vintage Inn, many times I selected the Villagio for a recent two-night getaway. It is a lovely resort in always cute and convenient Yountville and we enjoyed our stay. We had a king room that was very comfortably appointed, with windows facing three directions. The bathroom was large and well designed (except for the lack of a soap dish). A complimentary bottle of wine awaited, there were creamers (OK, a creamer but they quickly brought more) in the fridge for morning coffee or espresso. Much appreciated. Wifi is complimentary, as were waters the second night but not the first. There are no elevators, so if stairs are an issue book a ground floor room.
There are many reviews here that discuss the noise from Hwy 29 and how to avoid it. We were there during the week which is quieter than weekends, paid the increased price for an inner courtyard room and still heard the traffic, which impeded enjoyment of our terrace. A babbling water feature helped muffle it a bit, but understand that the entire property is not far from the highway. Although some rooms may be quieter than others, unless you have a room with no windows oriented in that direction, I suspect you'll hear some traffic (particularly on weekends).
Other amenities we enjoyed were the champagne buffet each morning and massages at the spa. The spa is very well designed and equipped.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villagio Inn & Spa named to Travel+Leisure Magazine's 2012 "500 Best Hotels in the World", as well as T+L's 2011 Top 50 Hotels in the United States. An AAA Four Diamond Award Property, it blends the active, contemporary flavors of California's Napa Valley wine country with the warmth and charm of a countryside village in Tuscany. Villagio's 112 guest rooms, Spa Villagio and executive conference center are situated in a lush garden setting and just walking distance to the Town of Yountville's michelin star restaurants and celebrity chefs. Every guest room features oversize sunken bathtub, fireplace, robes, a complimentary bottle of wine upon check-in, flat screen television and in-room coffee and tea. A daily champagne breakfast buffet and afternoon tea service is included with every stay. Villagio Inn & Spa has recently been recognized as a winner of TripAdvisor's 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Villagio Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villagio Hotel Yountville
- Villagio Inn And Spa Yountville, Napa Valley, CA