“Wow, where did this bar crew come from?”

Bottega Napa Valley
Reserve with OpenTable
Bottega Napa Valley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.
napa
“Wow, where did this bar crew come from?”
Reviewed August 1, 2009

We have had great meals at the bar at Bottega. Last night the crew ignored us standing for 15 minutes waiting for bar stools, then spent another 10-15 minutes ignoring us (and the mess left from the guests before us) before we gave up and went across to Hurleys where we were treated like family. I even told a friend when we were leaving why were leaving and loud enough for the female bartenter to hear me, and she just smirked. I own one of the most successful tour comanies in the valley and have reommended Bottega to hundredes of guests. I can no longer recommend the bar here, as they were clueless!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Minot, North Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I got to finally eat Michael Chiarello's food”
Reviewed July 30, 2009

After enjoying the quail it was fun to watch him prepare it for Top Chef Masters and say, "Hey, I had that." The place was great with a what should I order menu knowing you should only order one entree. Tough Decision. My wife and I also bought a few and sent a few bottles of his Old Vine Zin from Napa Style. Some of the best red we had in the entire valley. My only drawback was the Taco Bell style seating where I was directly across from my wife but with other couples on either side of me only a foot or two. It is hard to not pay attention to what everybody else is talking about when you are that close. An unneeded distraction is all I am saying. Loved the food and will return but will get my own table next time just so I can enjoy the company I brought with.

Park city, Ut
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I told my husband if there were any Food Network chef I would want to cook for me, it would be Michael Chiarello. So I was thrilled to see him in the kitchen when we went to Bottega! I get to cross that off my 'to do" list! We thought this restaurant was just fantastic, so much so that my man wanted to go back the next night! The wine list was very nice and not over priced (nice for a change), although the corkage was rather high ($20). it was packed for a Tuesday and very loud inside (I couldn't hear the hostess). Luckily, we had reserved a table outside on the patio and that was perfect. I think having the open bar right next to the door is not the best idea (that's where most of the noise came from). For appetizers, we had the calamari with squid ink aioli-- delicious! The squid was very tender, not at all chewy. We also had the proscuitto/fried dough thing (can't remember the name). It was also very good, but a bit messy to eat.
For main courses, my husband had one of the specials: duck with risotto. The duck was perfectly cooked and complimented the risotto very nicely. I had the lamb with a fresh cherry sauce. Some of the best I have every had. Very thick pieces and so tender! Dessert was the chocolate tart with gelato and a peanut butter bar. Wow, talk about decadent!! Luckily we shared it! We thought the cost of the evening very reasonable. We live in a resort town, so the prices weren't shocking at all. Overall, we loved this place and will definitely go back when in town again!

Jupiter, Florida
“Ok. just Ok.”
Reviewed July 16, 2009

My short ribs are better than the ones I paid $28 for at Bottega. And $27 for a glass of Chirarello wine? MIchael Chiarello owns the store, the winery, and the restaurant. Over priced, in my opinion. Service was good, restaurant was cute.

Oklahoma City, OK
“Unbelievable!”
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Our group of 4 had lunch at Bottega. I was not going to make reservations here because, as with at least one other reviewer, I'm a little suspicious of chefs on The Food Network, even though Emeril and Mario Batali have proven themselves over the years. However, after a strong endorsement from a Napa Valley local, I made reservations for our group. Clearly after our meal at Bottega, Michael Chiarello is not only a brilliant chef but also a brilliant restauranteur. The calamari with aioli nero (aioli with squid ink) was amazing, as werre the grilled octopus and the risotto with wild porcini. All of our entrees were wonderful, especially the skirt steak. This is a "don't miss" dining experience in the Napa Valley and our total bill, with 2 bottles of wine, was about 1/4th of the cost of a dinner at The French Laundry.

1 Thank JoanR1950