“Fun Cocktails & Apps in the outdoor Bar”

Bottega Napa Valley
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We had time to kill before a dinner reservation elsewhere, so we stopped in the bar for fun cocktails and a calamari appetizer. Delicious, great service, lovely location and a perfect start to a Napa Valley evening.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

While in Yountville in mid August we went to dinner at Bottega. The food was good but the portions were small. Some food was not prepared as ordered. The service was good but we will look at other restaurants in the area before going back here. Their house Cabernet was very good.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

we went in coming frm an excruciatingly long traffic during rush hour. bottega made up with us, with wonderful staff that exeeded our expectations. our hostess was fantastic and had mastery of not only the menu but just knew how to make a simple ordinary night special. the ambiance was just perfect. the chiarello wine hit our palate just perfectly.
the food i ordered was fantastic. i figured that when im in an italian restaurant, i should be ordering what theyre known for or what they are good at. although when my husband tried his "Conserve di Anatra", the duck was kind of overcooked and i somehow agreed with him.
our night closed with bourbon and a souffle that was served by the pastry chef himself which added icing to the cake that night.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

My family and I recently made our first visit to Bottega. I had heard wonderful things about the restaurant, and had to taste for myself. I have to say that the previous reviews I had read/heard fell completely short. Our meal was exceptional, the service prompt and attentive, and the ambiance rustic and beautiful. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling in the Napa/Saint Helena area. I just wish I would have had extra time, because we would have come for dinner a second night!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

I reserved a table weeks in advance of our Napa visit. Not dissapointing at all. We were seated and immediately we represented wine and dinner menus. We ordered cocktails and the special salmon appetizer and the calamari. The salmon was presented two ways as sushi I and seviche on block of pink salt that lent itself lightly to the melt in your mouth texture. For dinner we ordered the Bronzino and the short ribs. Both were delicious and plentiful. We ordered ahead for the dessert as it was chocolate lava cake with angel aisle and hazelnuts poured over it table side. The open dining room does tend to be a bit noisy and our waiter although attentive spoke with a mumble. Don't let the latter deter you for a dinner experience to remember.