“Our favorite meal in napa”

Bottega Napa Valley
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“Our favorite meal in napa”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

While planning our trip to Napa, I had several friends who'd been before tell me that I HAD to visit the town of Yountville. I knew I wanted to eat there as well, so I started searching for great restaurants and Bottega had very good reviews. Plus I was familiar with Chef Michael Chiarello from Top Chef so I figured it had to be good. It was definitely our favorite meal during our entire trip. The ambiance was wonderful...very warm and inviting. Our waiter was knowledgable but also very funny and engaging. You could tell he'd been there for many years, and he made the meal that much better. For starters, the bread is to DIE for...served with a garlic butter. Yum. Then we shared a bolognese pasta dish...homemade pasta and again, absolutely amazing. I had the lamb and it was so well cooked and prepared, just perfect flavors. I can't remember what my boyfriend ate but he was equally impressed. Take it from a Louisiana girl who knows good food....I would highly recommend Bottega.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Louisville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Didn't live up to recommendations”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

All of the locals suggested Bottega, but we were not impressed. The food was just o.k. and the service was lacking. Add to that the flies on the patio and the price--we were disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Date Night”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Dinner was great at Bottega. We had reservations (get these ahead of time) and we were able to sit on the patio and have an intimate dinner with exceptional food. We split the octopus appetizer (it was good) and then had beef short ribs and duck which were both great. We brought our own wine (which they happily opened for us) and we finished off our meal with the stuffed doughnuts. Great place!

Barrington, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Deep Fried Soft Boiled Egg”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

How the heck do they deep fry a soft boiled egg? It was part of an appetizer called Green Eggs and Ham. We had a wonderful dinner at Bottega on the first night of our trip. We were thankful to be in the far room where I had a great view of the finishing oven -900 degrees and the dessert kitchen. Every course was memorable and well- served. Loved it all.

Genoa, Italy
“Good...definitely not great”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I simply expected a lot more from this Italian-meets-California cuisine top spot. The menu looks fantastic and the wine list is - unsurprisingly given the location - superb, but the food was a bit of a letdown. Best flavors came from the calamari and the truffle fries, which says a lot. Meatball starter was juicy but too fatty, my duck was definitely undercooked, and my wife's ribs were a tad burned. I tend to give restaurants a little break when they have to deal with large tables, but in this case the difference between presentation and taste was simply too staggering. Willing to give it another shot, but Yountville has so much to offer it might take us a while