“Better than the last time”

Bottega Napa Valley
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We ate here the same year it opened and were disappointed. We decided to return this year. The food had improved and so had the service.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

what makes a great restaurant is an excellent menu that keeps me wanting to come back to taste other dishes time and time again. A better restaurant also has a wine list that is varied and accessible in price. A great restaurant has all that plus superlative service and a comfortable ambiance. Bottega has all of that going on. It shines in Yountville among so many other excellent places. My favorite dish was the Wood Grilled Lamb Chops braised kumquat dressing, pistachio pesto, and cauliflower fregola Sarda although I have to say the Duck is very good too.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here on a recent trip to Napa with another couple. I am not sure why this place is so hyped. I mean, don't get me wrong, the food was good, but it was not the best. My husband and I had the following:
Starters-the Polenta "jar". This was very hyped and was not very good in my opinion. Not sure why it is so popular. Maybe the cute presentation?
Pasta course-the risotto was good not great but the veal and pork Bolognese was fantastic. Definitely the highlight of the meal!
Mains-I had the Dungeness crab special which was very good but slightly over cooked. My husband had the short ribs which were quite good as well.
We skipped dessert as we were stuffed so I can't comment in that. Service was indifferent- the waiter acted like he had better things to do and was quite slow with drinks, etc. Wine list was good of course but the mojito cocktail my husband ordered was terrible-I mean the worst one I've ever tasted. Very bustling atmosphere and very loud. Loved the fireplaces and nice lighting. All in all it was a nice dining experience but I don't think I would go back.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a group of 7 couples here for dinner in a private room and the experience was excellent. Our menu choices and the wine selection were great and the quality of food very good. Service was outstanding.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a large group dinner in the private dining room. It can be difficult to get anything right for a large party, but Bottega nailed every bit of it. The heirloom tomato appetizer was crisp, light, and fresh. The pasta choices were rich and sumptuous. Desserts were varied and spot on.
I arrived STARVED and left absolutely happy in my fullness. We were able to walk back to our hotel through the town which made for a great wind down after a fantastic dinner.