“Bottega is all you expect”

Bottega Napa Valley
Reserve with OpenTable
Bottega Napa Valley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Bottega is all you expect”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We loved Bottega. All of the food was fabulous. The polenta under glass was a great way to start our meal and it stayed great from there. We had some excellent moderately priced wine (Barrel Blend) and had great service. Michael's restaurant is not to be missed.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Dallas, Texas
“Wanted to like it but meh (and BAD service)”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Maybe i was expecting too much foodwise, but this was a bit disappointing. The service was what really made it not a good experience. The host & maitre d were friendly, but it went downhill. I would chalk up the waiter as having a bad day, but the table next to us (all of 8 inches away) that he also waited on got quite a different experience. Took quite a while to get water and place a drink order. Then a non enthusiastic specials run through (compared to what we heard for the next table sat near us). The green eggs & ham app was good, not great. Egg was good but the asparagus could have been hotter.
My pasta was good - light & fluffy. Husbands special was not what we thought it would be, heavier and earthy, not in a great way. The best part of the meal was the bread and garlic/cheese spread - amazingly good. We saw Michael C walk through, but he said hi to a table he knew and did not stop for any other tables. Pretty restaurant, good atmosphere. Wish the food was great and no one else gets our waiter on another bad shift...

Visited March 2013
“Ambiance and delicious Italian cuisine in Yountville”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Helpful reservationist was able to squeeze us in at the last minute on a Saturday night. While the waiting area was full, we were seated at a small private table by the wine cellar. What a treat because this restaurant serves a slice of perfection. From the Ribolita Tuscan minestrone, to the Goat Milk Braised Pork Orecchiette with Chocolate Almond Molten Lava Cake, and the immense selection of wine made our dinner spectacular. Everything was delicious and service was prompt, friendly, helpful, and informative.

• Visited March 2013
San Clemente
“De-lish!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Best calimari I've ever tasted! Beet ravioli appetizer was a party in my mouth. Duck three-ways entree was my least favorite course, but perhaps this was because I too busy enjoying the riccotta gnocci with Michael's grandmother's tomato sauce that my wife ordered. Washed it all down with a few glasses of 2008 Renteria cab and life was good. At this point I was stuffed, but somehow I mustered up the strength to order dessert. Boy was I glad! The mini-donuts with pumpkin custard filling were insanely good...I'd go back to Bottega for these if nothing else.

New Brunswick
“Spectacular service in a great atmosphere but main course was lacking”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

For ambiance and service this restaurant was stellar. The waiter spent time with us to suggest the main courses and the staff was extremely attentive but the restaurant was pretty empty as it was a cold rainy day in March off season in Napa. I ordered the pork chop which was ok - nothing that would bring me back and my friend got the lamb chops which she rated a 7 out of 10. My wife got the special which was a ravioli dish which she said was satisfying. We got the fries with truffles which was excellent but the best part of the courses was the pumpkin filled donuts at the end of the night. Our meal which was our main courses and two deserts and the fries came to 100 dollars a couple after tip which I thought was quite good for a nice restaurant in Napa. This was a good restaurant which I would recommend but nothing special that would bring me back again.