“Another Fabulous Visit”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Love this place! Yes, you have to plan ahead for a reservation, but it is so worth it. It's on top of my list when I visit Napa.

We started with a bottle of the Chiarello Gina zinfandel which was really delicious. Out first food course was the burrata served with tomatoes. It was fresh and flavorful. Next was the amazing ricotta gnocchi. So light and pillowy. Yum! I love that dish. For an entree, I had the naked pasta which was super unique. It was basically the inside of a stuffed pasta rolled into balls. And it was served with lamb. My husband had the shortribs and a side of polenta. He has been dreaming about this since our last visit. A favorite of his.

We had to pass on dessert although they all sounded delicious. Unfortunately Chef Chiarello wasn't there by the time we arrived. Apparently he was in earlier. Too bad...it was fun to watch him on our last visit. Maybe next time.

Highly recommended!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,623)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

It food was so delicious, I still think about it. The outdoor patio was warm and comfortable. The wait staff was friendly and knowledgable. Great experience!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Made reservations online 2 weeks before. Well worth the wait. Ambiance was nice, service superb, and the food was so fresh and delicious. Don't miss this gem!!!

1  Thank Evan R
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I recently dined at Bottega with two other couples and had a great experience. Our group was seated immediately at a relatively quiet table near the back of the restaurant. Service was good, not great. We all really enjoyed our well-made cocktails before dinner. We all were very happy with our entrees (most of us had the risotto or the short ribs). Definitely would go back next time we are in Napa.

1  Thank Illini1222
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I love a restaurant that honors a reservation time. We didn't have to wait which was a plus in our book. The banquet tables are close together but I guess thats how they make money turning tables like that. We were sitting almost on top of the two tables on each side but we had a great conversation with the people! The menu was wasn't real extensive which was ok and the appetizers were great. The whole meal was good plus the desserts were outstanding. Nice casual atmosphere and the wait staff was very gracious. I would recommend this restaurant.