“Great meals you can easily prepare at home”

Bottega Napa Valley
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Great experience. Service, choices, and food were outstanding. We bought the cookbook and have made a number of the recipes at home....

Write a ReviewReviews (2,626)

Reviewed May 24, 2011

I was up in the Bay Area for a work-related trip & Bottega was my reward to myself for the drudgery was lunch at Bottega & it lived up to my expectations. Two friends joined me. Aside from Yountville being a bit too "precious" & done for my taste, I can't complain otherwise. The three of us all had different entrees & desserts & they were all delicious. I would come back in an instant, but am glad to save it as a vacation special treat.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

My wife and I had been looking forward to our visit to Bottega as we are big fans of Chef Chiarello and were vacationing in Napa Valley.

We had reservations for 7:00 pm on a Saturday evening but had to wait 20-25 minutes outside on the terrace to be seated. The hostess acted as if this is common and acceptable. When shown to our table, we noted the tables are very close together for 2, you can hear everything the couples on either side of you are talking about. Very noisy.

We started off sharing an English pea, crab, and pancetta salad which was very fresh and very good. We then had pan roasted gnocchi for the pasta course which was very tasty and good, but a bit salty for my wife's taste. For entrees, my wife's half-duck confit was tender and excellent, but my wood-oven roasted whole fish was average at best. For dessert, the zeppole was freshly made and very good, you could tell they were made to order.

Although the food was good, service is not quite up to standard. Along with the indifferent hostess, our waiter was a very aggressive in his recommendations, telling us on multiple occasions what to order. It is one thing to ask a waiter for a recommendation on what to get, and another to have the waiter tell you what you requested isn't good. If the waiter is that knowledgeable about the menu, then one would expect every dish to be exemplary, which was not the case.

The rating above reflects that although the food is good, it is not excellent, and with the service being poor and the atmosphere being loud where you couldn't talk to the person sitting across from you, the value goes down. We did see Chef Chiarello walk through the dining room on multiple occasions, so he is there alot. We hope he keeps an eye on all aspects of his restaurant.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

Have been to Bottega 6-8 times since its opening. Most meals have been good to great up until my last visit. The whole atmosphere in the restaurant seemed lethargic and the food was very blah. Asked if there had been any changes and was told the chef de cuisine had suddenly been sent on his way. This may have been the reason as the morale seemed down and no wow to the selections we made. Hope it gets back to the level it was earlier on.

1  Thank zappos66
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I had high hopes for this restaurant, however when we arrived 5 minutes early for our reservation and they told us to stand and wait for 5 mintutes (while they also just stood there) even though half the tables were free. Then after we were seated, it took an unusually long time for someone to come take our drink order. The waitress was unimpressed with the world and made it feel like everything was too much to ask of her.

The restaurant had the feel like nobody was good enough to eat there and that we should be honored to sit at their tables. Not a pleasant place to eat.

The food was pretty good, but not worth the price and having to deal with such poor service.