“Say Hello to Nebuchadnezzar”
Review of Domaine Chandon

$1,200.00*
Private Napa Valley Wine Tour
Ranked #1 of 44 things to do in Yountville
More attraction details
Owner description: You must be of legal drinking age to engage with us. Please enjoy responsibly. Domaine Chandon was the first winery to be established in the United States by a French wine and spirits producer, Moet Hennessy. Today, Chandon is America's leading sparkling wine producer, applying methode traditionnelle techniques to showcase the ripe fruit and vibrant character of California. We host educational and fun tours of our winery and offer light food options in our tasting room or on our extensive terrace.
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The minute I stepped out of the rental and observed the well kept grounds, I knew I was in for a bubbly good time. Seeing the collection of Moet bottles on display to illustrate the different sizes that contain my favorite fizzy elixir was eye opening. I had never heard of a Nebuchadnezzar before except in association with the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, and of course I now wanted one. I have yet to plan the get together where I will need 20 bottles (= a Nebu) though.

With perfect weather, we elected to have lunch on the terrace overlooking the green oasis that is the Chandon property; oysters on the half shell and Alaskan Halibut with a bottle of Etoile . . . the stuff that last meals are made of. This was not just a place to do some champagne tasting, it was a darn good restaurant. I settled back in my chair after finishing my meal, looked at my empty flute with remorse, then called the waiter over and said, "Keep the corks popping please". I was home!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Beautiful property, great restaurant (Etoile) and long interesting history. Consistent good bubbles too! Great place to grab a taste and a nibble and sit outside to enjoy the weather.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We went to lunch at Etoile in Chandon and the service and food was spectacular. We had the charcuterie and the scallop dish. The presentation and creative flavors were amazing.

Our service was excellent and of course the reserve rose Etoile champagne was perfect. Wonderful way to spend a relaxing afternoon enjoying the holiday season.

You have a lot of choices in the area but, if you like good champagne and a lovely dining experience go.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We enjoyed a classic tasting and a mixed drink, loved the garden and wind mills.The wine was tasty.Worth seeing

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Great wine bar to taste still or sparkling and an award winning restaurant on-site. I especially enjoy lunch on the patio under the oaks - beautiful.